Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree302Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Still no word from the devs about any of the issues

Soulwalker

Honestly I have no interest in playing more SFP... the leveling was great but there is nothing to do, Raid and Fortress Sieges being in january is just dumb (gotta compete with Nighthold I guess)

TBH when it comes to f2p games I just main Wildstar as RIFT is a game that has lost its identity and soul.

And the devs here treat the community like children

Shadowlander

The Dev's inability to handle any form of criticism, dismissive attitudes, condescension and the way they play victim when met with any valid feedback or criticism needs to be looked at. These things (among others) have made my decision to leave that much easier. Why play a game where feedback and constructive criticism earn you a forum suspension or are dismissed because they think they are above making said mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by gearheart View Post
    The Dev's inability to handle any form of criticism, dismissive attitudes, condescension and the way they play victim when met with any valid feedback or criticism needs to be looked at. These things (among others) have made my decision to leave that much easier. Why play a game where feedback and constructive criticism earn you a forum suspension or are dismissed because they think they are above making said mistakes?
    Is that really the devs or the one CM who has actually talked on the forum? Because i dont see the actual devs doing any of that.

Just like she says that elite raiders dont represent the majority of players, i dont think its fair to say that one CM represents the entire dev team.
    Last edited by Doveblack; 12-15-2016 at 07:44 PM.
    Doveblack@laethys(cleric) Blackdovey@laethys(rogue) Blackdovie@laethys(mage)

Guild: Doves

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Doveblack View Post
    Is that really the devs or the one CM who has actually talked on the forum? Because i dont see the actual devs doing any of that.

Just like she says that elite raiders dont represent the majority of players, i dont think its fair to say that one CM represents the entire dev team.
    The title "Director of Community Relations" implies that the person wearing it is the official representation of the company towards the customers. When I see someone with this title post to the forums, I always take their stance as the company's stance, because it is part of their job description to represent it.

If this person does not represent the stance of the company as a whole, that is a major problem between the company and said person.

Rift Chaser

imo - it is damned if you do and damned if you don't gamble what trion did. if trion gave more time to develop the expansion, you all would have complained about a content drought and leave.
    either way no one is happy.

btw - i am a programmer and seen gambles like these. it depends how fast to fix the issues.
    Last edited by riftloreseeker; 12-16-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by riftloreseeker View Post
    imo - it is damned if you do and damned if you don't gamble what trion did. if trion gave more time to develop the expansion, you all would have complained about a content drought and leave.
    either way no one is happy.

btw - i am a programmer and seen gambles like these. it depends how fast to fix the issues.
    Then they shouldn't have systematically gutted the development team prior to SFP release.
    #BringBackAnony
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

this is such a big problem and its mind boggling that these people think they can behave this way in an industry where you are supposed to deal with thousands of players . there's always been this whole attitude with pvp in general they say that section is "toxic" and those players are right to complain because they don't get attention. so they get ignored, the section becomes "toxic" and the devs say we dont go there because its toxic. i mean this game couldn't somehow afford a pvp dev when it was p2p and you had a entire community that was subbing to pvp only.

i mean are these people adults? cant they not handle criticism? basically any interaction with the devs and you have to pretend you are talking to a child or you might make them cry or something.

any criticism of a dev might earn you a ban, congrats you spared a devs feelings who more than likely never even saw the post, yet at the same time you might have lost a paying customer.

brilliant business tactics.
    Last edited by sirdiggby; 12-16-2016 at 03:20 PM.

So much this. You can play the victim and try to guilt trip people into self-censoring any criticism of the game, or you can take the criticism and make something great of it. Take the story of indie developer Scott Cawthon, for example. He received floods of horrible feedback and abuse on Steam for his games, but took it in stride and went on to make Five Nights at Freddy's. Now his IP is getting turned into a major motion picture and is a household name. ( http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-j...n-five-nights/ )

Criticism is inevitable. It's up to the recipient to deal with it and determine a course of action.

Criticism is an opportunity, not an adversary. It might sting, but it's admirable when a company is able to take criticism in stride and get better rather than smearing critics and doubling down.
    Last edited by Rivkah; 12-16-2016 at 04:22 PM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #99
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hey folks,

This thread has devolved even further into a negative and non-constructive direction, so I am going to close it.
    I thank all those who made measured and thoughtful comments - Devs read a great deal more than they post, and we definitely take many of your points to heart.

Supermansocks certainly meant no ill will with his jest. Some of you took it well and in the spirit intended, while others took umbrage. So it goes with everything they post.

We are talking about creating more directed official threads for discussion - much easier for the Devs to keep up with and easier for us to review (and direct other threads to). We just posted the Fortress Siege and LFR threads in the PTS forums for instance.

We are about to make another thread for feedback on some of Tacitus' Patch Notes.

Let's keep in mind that there are a small number of Devs compared to a very large number of players. The more threads there are, the harder it is for them to keep up on important issues.

If we all agree to be reasonable and kind, I think we can increase the amount of Dev posting as well. I cannot overstate this: Devs take constructive criticism well, but the grinding teeth of anger and unconstrained insults is not something that anyone should have to deal with.

Again, thank you to the vast majority of solid, reasonable, respectful critics!
    We couldn't make this game without you.
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 12-16-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7