Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Still no word from the devs about any of the issues

Starting to wonder if Trion has employed everyone from Hello Games, seems to be following the same path. Perhaps they could change the name from Rift to No Players Game.
    Last edited by Haruchai; 12-14-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Default Better than Vegas!

"Better odds than Vegas."

With respect, comparing yourself to the gambling industry isn't exactly a good look. I remember attending this year's PAX Prime panel (headed by TrionBrasse) in regards to P2W vs F2P, and the overall consensus regarding lockboxes was "Don't like 'em? Stop <expletive> buying them!" I got the feeling that all the devs on the panel acknowledged that lockboxes and extreme RNG are predatory against people with gambling addictions, but they are left in-game because they are the most profitable. It was kinda nauseating, but I appreciated the blunt honesty.

I maxed notoriety with a faction, spent 2k tower fragments on lockboxes, and received only caster fragments (I am a warrior). After feeling like a total chump, I have since resolved to not bother with this aspect of the game, as I don't wish to encourage this development direction. I sincerely wish there were more substantial things of value to buy after maxing rep, but it appears Trion wants to gate all your secondary stats behind onerous layers upon layers of RNG.

Rift Chaser

trion devs,

i will be fair. you have always put through weekly patch updates, a sign of hope. please address the issues in your updates with fixes to give us more hope and fate in your company. i don't need your words. you need your actions. actions speak louder than words. i will wait and see what happens in your updates. when my sub runs out in several months and i am at endgame level, then i will decide.

Default A few thoughts...

I have read this entire thread and most other's on the forum that basically, we are all in DIRE STRAITS over the very direction of this game.

I would have to agree with most of the player base that have spoke up on the issues at hand and I give them props for doing so. I would like to add my lil tid bit here and try to see from both sides and just create yet another common ground for both players and developers.

First off I am by no means attacking anyone and your reaction is simply up to you. I'd like to say that is seems the programmers of this game bit way more off than they could chew with this expansion. I realize the team is much smaller now and appreciate the hard work of each and every one of them. But here's the deal, and I think I've brought this up many times before..., Why create such a complex and NEEDY workload when you could not simply handle the last workloads at hand? (broken souls) I just don't understand companies whom think MORE IS BETTER, or any company for that matter that has such a mindset. When you have so many things STILL unfinished that need attention, why just cover them up with more problems? I am seriously questioning the logic behind the mayhem.

But I get it on the Trion side, they need to make money, however this is the very reason I wonder about Trion's logic because again the bigger and more idea just creates more problems in the end. I have warned about this a year ago and so have many other players. I just don't get it at all. It's mind blowing to think that a company can actually pefrect things on top of a billion other broken things, its not how PROGRAMMING WORKS. I've been around a while ,watched many mmo's go down because of this very reason. The truth is in the end you are spending more money than making it in order to keep issues at bay and not to mention the old issues that were never handled. I honestly wonder about such companies who will choose this mentality as if to create more revenue when really you are exhausting it by creating more tidal waves than you can handle. Its no good!

I am here to back the players up because without them you have nothing, that being said I think its CRUCIAL to get on the forums and try to listen and communicate with what players want the most. I understand its not easy to make everyone happy, but it is within reach because you have so much to offer in this game , if you simply cut your damn losses and focus on what it is that is essential in every aspect of this game, I bet you could succeed by doing just that.

I think it was Artwig who posted the most reasonable reply here or somewhere lol by saying that basically we are a team here, yes the developers and the players. We can't have one without the other.

I mean some of us asked for old souls to be worked on a year ago and that did happen , however it was a half pitched approach. I'm not here to put the devs down or the game, I'm here to support the players as myself that love this game and don't want to see it go down in flames and end up on some site at the very bottom of the mmo ranks. I think thats another issue that I've observed reading and reading and reading all these posts. The fact that the dev team doesn't truly recognize the reality of its fan base and how players stay here to basically support YOU! I will say out of all the mmo's Ive played this game has the most dedicated fan base and they are willing to help their beloved game in anyway they can, I think thats very cool.

I mean I do see the dev's trying to make us happy, hence the patch notes today and thats great in all but perhaps look at the game as a whole...look at each and every player and what they would like to see in this game, especially newcomers and listen to what we are truly trying to say here.

I feel the team is scattered with real no organization and that may just be a part of it, if it is we are here to help with that I mean seriously, I think Trion needs to see us players in a way that we feel apart of the team because we are. Look at the countless posts of infinite wonderful suggestions. Taking away the beta forum was a big NO NO IMO, I run a forum myself and have for over ten years, I would never have done that I would have moved it to a sub board on the forums for sure. Now you have dedicated players working to organize ideas and bugs FOR YOU, I mean come on Trion your fan base is the most loyal Ive seen in any game period. So please just hear me/us out that we are doing you a favor in so many ways you may not even see it yet. But ya need too because I fear time is running out and I keep thinking about how things were subpar this exact time a year ago. I mean who makes the decisions here?

Another person said that they think Trion needs to take a step back and really look at things, I agree!! I don't think you guys do, I'm sorry. If you want to be successful let US of all people help you and in return it helps us as well. You can't go wrong here when you are working directly with us and that is exactly what needs to happen in order for true success. Its not a coincidence we all are here saying the same things over and over.

I'm gonna end my rant with this....

I think Rift is one of the most unique games I have had an honor to play, It truly shines on its own. But when you neglect that shine it surely will wear off.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by riftloreseeker View Post
    trion devs,

i will be fair. you have always put through weekly patch updates, a sign of hope. please address the issues in your updates with fixes to give us more hope and fate in your company. i don't need your words. you need your actions. actions speak louder than words. i will wait and see what happens in your updates. when my sub runs out in several months and i am at endgame level, then i will decide.
    I agree... and I still have faith but its running slim to none.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Gunian View Post
    Thank you. You've clarified how the Dev team feel about the player base. #contempt
    Honestly, I don't believe Supermansocks meant any ill will. Nothing but respect for guys like him and Vladd. There is friendly banter, which I have no issues with. And then there is the impression of contempt that comes from stating that only a small percentage of players post on the forums. It may be true technically, but I don't believe it is an appropriate response for the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Letobrick View Post
    Honestly, I don't believe Supermansocks meant any ill will. Nothing but respect for guys like him and Vladd. There is friendly banter, which I have no issues with. And then there is the impression of contempt that comes from stating that only a small percentage of players post on the forums. It may be true technically, but I don't believe it is an appropriate response for the player base.
    I personally think SS was attempting a tension release, a giggle to give everyone a pause and to lighten the mood.

As to a small section of the community posting on the forums, most likely but its probably a decent cross-section of views so should not be dismissed lightly.

Thank you Brasse for the blunt reply with finally some answers all in one post, as well as links. I appreciate the response, and that you took the time to respond! Some things in your post rubbed me the wrong way, of course, but each individual gets offended at different things so I will let it pass just like anything else I come across. I know that making multiple threads for what amounts to basically the same thing can be frustrating for you devs to see and read continuously when you're so busy trying to do your best, but we have no where else to turn to!

PS: I love your Dwarven accent on the livestream, it always makes me smile to hear you talk. <3

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    So none of the cash shop profits are going towards dictionaries?

Or just not enough time to google the meanings of subjective and objective?
    None of the profit is going toward tutorials in basic grammar either. Kinda shocked.
    Last edited by Sails; 12-15-2016 at 01:30 AM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

Nightmare Tide Release Oct 2014 - Free expansion

Level cap increase to 65
    5 expert dungeons. Three new, two updated.
    Chronicle added (Shadow from Beyond)
    Nightmare rifts
    Raid (sliver/10 man) : Rhen of Fate
    Two new raid rifts
    Minions added
    Sidekicking feature added
    New Warfront map added
    Mount Sharax (20 man raid) added within one month of expansion
    Crafting tier added

Starfall Prophecy Release Nov 2016 - Paid expansion

Level cap increase to 70
    3 expert dungeons. Two new, one updated.
    Planar assault adventures
    Planar fragments
    Four daily portal quests (these are like mini-chronicles so wanted to give it some credit here)
    4 (?) warfront maps removed
    Crafting tier added
    Tok's proving grounds.

PAA are boring.

Planar fragments well I think you have enough feedback on that.

Call it subjective if you like but I feel like there's a lack of understanding in the profound disappointment with this expansion. I'm feeling it more now as many people that I did stay up all hours playing with in NT are now moving on to look for other games out of sheer boredom or frustration with this one.

I do like the new zones, questing, and many of the legendaries that I've seen. It's just not enough to hold your attention after 70 though.
    Last edited by Noobly; 12-15-2016 at 02:08 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    5 expert dungeons. Three new, two updated..
    Also, if I recall correctly, they weren't obsolete cakewalks after a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    I would do it, better yet I would do it for free. Matter of fact I would refuse to take money from the team for this spot. In order to effectively meet the needs of this position you'd need to be free of any monetary contract provided by Trion. The reason being that whatever is tying the tongues of the team cannot be allowed to wrap itself around this person either.

It'd be a weekly series delving into a wide variety of different topics. I even already have the topics drawn up on what I'd want to talk about. Straight forward questions, no attacking, no accusing, just questions and answers. I'd do all the work putting the pieces together and I'd just need 30 minutes of whichever team members time to do the interview. They wouldn't have to do anything else.
    Wow. Well if this offer doesn't suggest we as a community care - then I don't know what does. I had more I was going to say but ... let's just say-I really hope they read this and give it due consideration and acknowledge it in a pm to you or even here.

Default same here...

Quote Originally Posted by Letobrick View Post
    Honestly, I don't believe Supermansocks meant any ill will. Nothing but respect for guys like him and Vladd. There is friendly banter, which I have no issues with.
    I'm on same page here-no point trying to read something into a simple comment like that.

Plane Walker

Call it subjective if you like but I feel like there's a lack of understanding in the profound disappointment with this expansion. I'm feeling it more now as many people that I did stay up all hours playing with in NT are now moving on to look for other games out of sheer boredom or frustration with this one.
    Bold is my own. But I think that is the part here that no Trion response has addressed, and why so many of us are apoplectic at the inadequate responses from Trion.

Nightmare Tide Release Oct 2014 - Free expansion

Level cap increase to 65
    5 expert dungeons. Three new, two updated.
    Chronicle added (Shadow from Beyond)
    Nightmare rifts
    Raid (sliver/10 man) : Rhen of Fate
    Two new raid rifts
    Minions added
    Sidekicking feature added
    New Warfront map added
    Mount Sharax (20 man raid) added within one month of expansion
    Crafting tier added

Starfall Prophecy Release Nov 2016 - Paid expansion

Level cap increase to 70
    3 expert dungeons. Two new, one updated.
    Planar assault adventures
    Planar fragments
    Four daily portal quests (these are like mini-chronicles so wanted to give it some credit here)
    4 (?) warfront maps removed
    Crafting tier added
    Tok's proving grounds.

PAA are boring.

Planar fragments well I think you have enough feedback on that.

I do like the new zones, questing, and many of the legendaries that I've seen. It's just not enough to hold your attention after 70 though.
    My biggest disappointment is the lack of interesting things to do besides the experts and Tok's (1-2 players only and really to me personally not a hell of a lot of replay value and it seems mainly directed towards dimensioneers and artifact collectors). The experts are too easy, as to whether that's a gear/ability imbalance vs the dungeon difficulty, I don't know, but its a miscalculation imo.

NT had nmr's, while getting out of red was a frustration for many, the challenge of seeing how far you could go, achieves, and useful essences as rewards for perseverance was a great alternative to doing experts (sub par dungeons in NT imo), and while they weren't everyones idea of fun, for a lot of players, they were.

There were raid rifts, so over SOL though as it was the only one that most ever did, but there was a reason to do them, the rewards and dailies were useful.

I didn't really raid much in NT as I took a year off and when I returned most of the raiding portion of the guild had left for other games and we didn't have enough for raids and the players we did have were not into raiding so much or pvp'ers. I could have found another guild I guess but I kept hoping it was a speed bump and others would return. I am now GL by default as the GL hasn't been on in over 3 months now, where they used to log in and keep tabs, they don't anymore. I know the GL and she loved this game and loved the guild.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is while NT had its issues and most had problems or dislikes towards something in NT,there was always something worth doing, even zone events, SFP doesn't. For all the different planes of ze's there are only two fights, no matter whether its earth, fire, air, water, death. You either get stunned needlessly as you don't really get damaged all that much while stunned and its really only a rotation breaker or just annoying, or you have the run out of the aoe "Life Tremor" which for a while now you don't need to run out of due to everyone already op'ing it. A lot of the ze's I have attended have failed due to no one other than me showing up, some have a good attendance but once again its the same fight over and over, no matter the boss.

So I q for an expert and look for ze's to do while I wait or farm if there are none. I am almost capped with all the rep and I have a truckload of marks already but have nothing I need to buy with them at the moment, I keep adding to them with the ze's and experts which hopefully I will be able to put to use later, but I have no idea of how many I need so I don't feel compelled by anything, other than to alleviate the boredom, to spam experts/ze's. I don't really get into pvp but I would imagine other than the vs each other there is probably not much else the pvp'ers can aspire to for the game. I go for the occasional achieves for solo stuff but am not the kind of person driven to do it.

I guess I'm just disappointed that so short a time after go live I'm scratching my head as to what to do in game. I know there are players that like dimensions and all that sort of thing, its just not for me though I do dabble occasionally.

I know the sieges and the 1 10 man raid will come sometime and we have a new area to open up, and I hope the sieges are fun and the raid challenging and rewarding but I personally think Trion better have ,not just something, but a few somethings else up their sleeves or its just not going to be enough. This expac just feels to me like it lacks substance, sure its pretty and the different areas are interesting and I think they have done some good things, but I don't log in to stand around and admire the view, its something I appreciate on the way to go do something I need to do.

I feel like I paid for a gourmet pizza, all the while hoping it would rekindle my love of good pizza (there's pizza and there's PIZZA, if you have had a good pizza and a rubbish one you know what I mean), and I'm salivating just thinking about it, I'm actually getting excited that its almost here, I open the box and the crust is flat, its got ham, tomato and cheap shredded cheese and no other toppings, I like ham, I like tomato and I like cheese but as a whole it isn't what I was hoping for. I'll think twice before ordering another pizza from them.

SL and NT both had something for everyone, if you weren't doing this you could go do that, nmr's, experts, raids, ze's, a lot of other stuff for the boring people like dimensions and artifacts etc. Even from the start in both there were options and if you wanted to explore everywhere it took a while, SL more than NT (I figure the money from vanilla rift paid for SL, SL for NT, so NT had less to spend on it, just a speculation).

I had no qualms about paying for the expac, sadly after playing since go live, I now have qualms (wts qualms pst).

P.S. please don't bring up planar assaults or frags or I will guffaw quite rigorously in your face.
    Last edited by Haruchai; 12-15-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast