Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Still no word from the devs about any of the issues

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    MANY players post in a positive, reasonable and constructive manner. Then there is the level of snark that I see in a post not long before this one.
    If you were on the receiving end of this - how would you react?

Being a loyal customer and having promises made, to finding out well actually, half of those promises aren't even available and no definite dates / times have been given.

To have submit multiple bug reports months ago with near on most of the issues reported still making it into the final product.

To find out that the game you loved and had invested many hours in, has decided to turn so casual that it isn't even appealing anymore. Rather just a face-roll grind. Although the community doesn't make the decisions at Trion, pretty much all of the suggestions that the developers read have been ignored. This is frustrating, especially as many would have made a positive influence to the game.
    Last edited by Zojah; 12-14-2016 at 01:31 AM.

Rift Chaser

PVP related topics not even listed lol: Can I lend you a hand maybe??
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...s-healers.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-fix-soon.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...mediately.html

More PVP related issues:
    itemization, missing items, missing HIT, too low XP and favor gain. not existing matchmaking, too low population.
    Too high burst, too low healing, ranged rule!
    Last edited by Kokovap; 12-14-2016 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    PVP related topics not even listed lol: Can I lend you a hand maybe??
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...s-healers.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-fix-soon.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...mediately.html

More PVP related issues:
    itemization, missing items, missing HIT, too low XP and favor gain. not existing matchmaking, too low population.
    Too high burst, too low healing, ranged rule!
    The most important issue right now relating to PVP is a simple fundamental of the entire game.

Class balance we're looking at you.

Lack of engaging end-game content: relative and subjective. Dev has a very broad MMOG customer base to please and not all of them are end-game players. Tok's Proving Grounds led to another huge chunk of content, for instance, for those who like puzzles and non-fighting activity - also not the entire player base. We know Fortress Siege and 10-man are coming, and we know that's slated for 2017 (see Producer's Letter/Launch blog, below).
    Yes we know broad range of players, but raiders and non-raiders do dungeons. And for most games I've heard that pvp and raiding makes a good chunk of the player base, especially the player base the spends money. We don't have the data you have to make sure of that but I would be shocked if said something drastically different.
    As well Dungeons from Normal to Expert and really cant tell the difference between them because they are the same, ya might have more hp and do more damage, but every Dungeon before had extra mechanics on expert that is lacking in this expansion. We don't have any world raid weekly bosses or really any CHALLENGING Group content.

as well you stating first off " relative and subjective" sounds very dismissive then later say "That is a subjective opinion and therefore always valid" sounds like trying to spin doctor.

Not enough content: Dev has received that feedback, along with how many people have expressed same. That is a subjective opinion and therefore always valid, in terms of "was it worth the investment," and I do the same every time I see a movie (along with the mandatory expensive popcorn and soda add-on - don't judge me!)
    Archonix has listed all the content still to come in his launch producer's letter, with links to the launch article stating same.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...ducers-letter/
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...ophecy-launch/
    Think you need to look up the word "mandatory". Well at it "need" and "want". You might be finding this snarky but really from some of what you said? This word choice leads me to start to realize how you justify some things like the RNG of fragments. Will get to that later.

Planar Fragments: discussed extensively in beta and well into launch, and ongoing feedback is being taken into consideration. It's a complex system and not something people can rush to the finish line. Yes, it's expensive in game currency, and has risks, but way less than Vegas, and not real money.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...nar-fragments/
    http://forums.riftgame.com/retired-f...ragment-q.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/retired-f...-eu-folks.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-pts-only.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/retired-f...ent-guide.html
    Not real money yet fragments boxes can be bought with credits which is the equivalent of real money.
    As well it one thing to put boxes in game to give stuff like mounts and that be RNG and gambling. It another thing entirely to make it related to stats needed for gear.
    As well not everyone are gamblers and many of us hate it, so bringing up Vegas all the time isn't a good example. You are forcing us to gamble on something that before we had a lot more control over, Wanted CP just craft some amts and buy the store raid piece and turn it to CP. Now that is not the case, we have less control and more frustration taking away fun from the game from a bad choice of how to handle fragments.
    Speaking of another bad decision, in the link you posted talking about fragments is this:

" For instance, if you’re going for a more PVP focused build, you’d probably value Endurance and base HP forat survivability higher than you would offensive stats such as Attack Power or Crit Rate – those may be preferred by someone aiming for PVE group content."

Yet you put PvP gear in the game instead of relying on fragments to make the gear for PvP.

As well synergy crystal, if playing a caster melee spec well you out of luck since boosts non-instant, non-channeled abilities.

Gutting of Crafting: subjective design decision. Dev has discussed the need to prevent equippable items from becoming trivial, and has made the design decision to encourage players to level up with consumables instead, which are always used up and therefore do not glut the market.
    [Tacitus is actually pretty active on the Crafting forum - look there for the red DEV indicator on the threads:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ls/index2.html ]
    Tacitus is active on crafting threads? *looks at dev tracker* Either dev tracker is broken or tacitus isn't active in the same definition that most would use for "active".
    I otherwise understand making it more consumable market over gear market. But if that's the case can we lower the amount of mats needed for consumables then.

Class/Soul imbalances: subjective design decisions that not everyone is going to agree with. EVER. Always undergoing evolution, using direct feedback and game data to support. This has been discussed extensively and over time. Legendary Powers and Active Upgrades are a new addition, and Eternal Items are coming too.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...w-powers-more/
    Dev is generally more active in official feedback threads than general opinion threads:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...or-discussion/
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ue-discussion/
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ge-discussion/
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ic-discussion/
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...st-discussion/
    NOTE: we just closed the Beta forums, which were very active - discussions will rebuild on the regular forums over time. Redhawk and Vladd read EVERYTHING and V is usually extremely active on livestream chat as well.
    Umm what Official threads? You link only to sub-forums. There is no OFFICIAL threads. I count "official" as being started by a dev and actually seeing a dev response more frequently then a blue moon, which is the chance a thread created by a player seems to have a dev response or worse.

Again, the answers may not be to everyone's liking, but they are valid nonetheless. No Dev is going to go out there to repeat themselves endlessly. =)
    Speaking of repeating, It would be very helpful if a synopsis of the live stream was typed out and any questions answered also type out the question and the answer, this is good for people that can't read the fast chat or for ones that have issues hearing as voices lower on stream for people hard of hearing.
    It also starts to form a compilation of what Dev's said and when. It also a handy place then to look for an answer a lot easier because can just "ctrl + F" and search for the keywords in the post.

My apologies if I sounded as if everyone was griping in a non-constructive fashion. That is certainly not the case (and I just noted that "everyone" and "nobody" are terrible terms). MANY players post in a positive, reasonable and constructive manner. Then there is the level of snark that I see in a post not long before this one. That sort of thing drives Dev away, because they don't have the time or energy to deal with that.
    Hope you don't take mine as gripping either, but a true statement that communication and points mentioned be taken into account.
    But as well you point to "official threads" as sub-forums but there are some places that could add a sub-forum for, like "Bug Forum", instead of us sometimes posting in zone or dungeon a bug, This would also be probably easier for a Dev to look through and tell us, "working as intended" or not, like some thought it a bug how changed the mechanic for the last fight in Temple of Ananke, that instead of reactive you had to dps crystals down in 30 seconds and have the dragon near it.

Devs read the forums every day and discuss all of the constructive suggestions, even if they don't/can't implement them. They are not going to wade in where the waters have become toxic or repeat themselves endlessly on issues already discussed.
    Wading in even if some people are toxic is needed. We need communication, and reason why it gets to those points is because there is none. You don't have to monitor what is said after; or hey, reply to thread and communicate what is needed then lock the thread to put an end to it.
    As well communicate that have read/discussed ideas so that way we can track what has or hasn't been brought up. You don't need to explain reasoning as why didn't implement or change something, but it good to know it was talked about so we don't keep rehashing the same things over and over again.

Sadly Ive seen hardware stores with more use of social media then Trion worlds and more communication. In this day and age that actually correlates to loss of business. You want more revenue, more players, then use the tools of communication and social media.
    If post something on twitter it should be posted on FB, tit for tat because not everyone is signed up on all of the platforms. Tell the world on each platform that there is a livestream, use FB livestream as well if you can at the same time so more audience than people on twitch. After the streams type up what was said, what questions were asked that got answered, with the answer to them. A deaf person gets hardly any information from a live stream because the lack of systems in place to follow up and communicate with these suggestions I have given.

Someone posted that they'll get their updates from patch notes.
    That is an excellent idea, and the reason why CM Morgana spends literally hours each week collecting all of the QA results to compile into notes as content goes to publish. It is direct communication, not an afterthought. =)
    We are still in the post-launch crunch where Dev is working hard to tweak and fix SFP bugs, and then it's the holidays. Even Devs deserve holidays.
    If put different systems in place then this could be an easier task, and there are some weeks that servers are back up, you can get into game and play and yet there is no patch notes posted on thread or even in glyph. This isn't the fault of CM Morgana but a lack of systems in place to accommodate.

Come the new year, I expect you'll see more conversation. Dev will be rested and ready.
    We'll start scheduling livestreams to discuss some meaty topics too.
    More importantly, we can all work together to make sure the threads are comfortable pubs, not brawling pits.
    Brasse
    I hope so, but my guess is unless some new systems are put in place recently, I doubt it will be any change from any of the other years. Same old same old keeps happening.
    Ookamikawaii@Greybriar Raid lead for <Equinox>
    Kamikoneko@Greybriar<Equinox> Kamitanuki@Greybriar<Equinox>
    <Equinox> 4/4 HM iGP, 7/11 HK & 6/9 MoM, 5/6 CoA[NM]
    Kamitaiga@Laethys <Ai> Kamikitsune@Deepwood <Valkyrian Descent>
    Personally 9/11 HK, 4/4 HM iGP, 6/9 MoM, 5/6 CoA[NM]

Soulwalker

Right, let's go back here a ways. The OP lists:

Planar Fragments: It's a complex system

Brasse
    i=RNG(1-100)

select case
    i=1-10
    Add crit(RNG(50-200))
    i=20-30
    Add SP(RNG(100-500))
    i=30-40
    Add AP(RNG(100-500))
    i=50-100
    Add random(RNG(random))
    end select
    Last edited by Ionee; 12-14-2016 at 07:16 AM.

King of Slackers

I'm willing to give feedback as i always did. I always wrote Anony or Ocho about exploits & bugs and it got fixed within a week. (Fyragnos exploit etc.)

And after both of them are no longer available...

... still waiting for the answer...

I talked to RR in Discord about the endless chron dust farming in the instance portals and it got fixed in the next week. I mentioned the autocomplete 3 weeks ago in a discord conversation but wasn't sure if the Devs seen my post or my ticket has been reviewed.

Two days ago i made a video to show the bug:

Who should i contact if i find an exploit? Should i hope that my bugreport gets reviewed or annoy the Devs in Discord? I'm not interested in exchanging cooking recipies, I want to improve the game
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    I'm willing to give feedback as i always did. I always wrote Anony or Ocho about exploits & bugs and it got fixed within a week. (Fyragnos exploit etc.)

And after both of them are no longer available...

... still waiting for the answer...

I talked to RR in Discord about the endless chron dust farming in the instance portals and it got fixed in the next week. I mentioned the autocomplete 3 weeks ago in a discord conversation but wasn't sure if the Devs seen my post or my ticket has been reviewed.

Two days ago i made a video to show the bug:

Who should i contact if i find an exploit? Should i hope that my bugreport gets reviewed or annoy the Devs in Discord? I'm not interested in exchanging cooking recipies, I want to improve the game

Funnily enough Keepro, I messaged Brasse the day Ocho resigned as I too had Ocho/Anony on Skype. I still cannot count the number of bugs / issues I spoke to them about directly.

Didn't get a response either.
    Last edited by Zojah; 12-14-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zojah View Post
    It's a trending theme.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Here's how to get Dev to spend more time on the forums:
    - Post as if you're sitting right beside them, right now, on a couch. Tone would be completely different if these were personal conversations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojah View Post
    With respect, Brasse, please take a look at this thread...
    Autumn Harvest 2016 Wardrobe Achievements

This relates to three Autumn Harvest achievements. With regard to the criteria for these achievements, one could be obtained using only in-game currency, one could be obtained by a mixture of in-game currency and credits and one could only be obtained by credits.

All three of these achievements were non-functional during the event. The thread from Tacitus acknowledged this and promised that two weeks after Autumn Harvest ended Trion would run a report to discover all the players whose characters qualified and grant the achievements.

Three weeks after Autumn Harvest ended, the achievements had not been granted. I asked for an update. No response was given in the thread.

Four weeks after Autumn Harvest ended, the achievements had not been granted. I asked for an update. No response was given in the thread.

Five weeks after Autumn Harvest ended, the achievements had not been granted. I asked for an update and sent a PM to Tacitus. No response was given in the thread or via PMs.

It's now almost six weeks since Autumn Harvest ended and something that Tacitus promised would happen a month ago has still not been done. Enquiries as to when it would be done have gone unanswered. The requests for updates are not unreasonable. I'm asking why something that your company promised to do has not been done a month after you said it would be.

Whilst I've attempted to keep the tone of my posts in that thread civil, if I was sat next to Tacitus on a couch I'd be pretty damned irate that not only has he not kept his promise but also that he's failed to respond to his paying customers asking him why.

Heck, tomorrow is the start of Fae Yule and you still haven't fixed things from Autumn Harvest!

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #70

Quote Originally Posted by Ionee View Post
    i=RNG(1-100)

select case
    i=1-10
    Add crit(RNG(50-200))
    i=20-30
    Add SP(RNG(100-500))
    i=30-40
    Add AP(RNG(100-500))
    i=50-100
    Add random(RNG(random))
    end select
    I really wish that were the case.

case, ha..ahaha, see what I did there? Sorry I had to
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 12-14-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post

It could be argued that posting a cheesy joke 5 pages into a thread bemoaning the lack of dev interaction is counterproductive and inflammatory.
    We can't hear the true songs, we are alone under the cold moon.

Shadowlander

"Lower risk than Vegas"

LOL???? most vegas games are around 51/49 odds. Fragments are around 99% chance to wasted money

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mokg View Post
    "Lower risk than Vegas"

LOL???? most vegas games are around 51/49 odds. Fragments are around 99% chance to wasted money
    "Look, the vegas analogy is subjective guys, different folks are going to get different things out of it. The devs might not comment on it, but they're working very hard every day on analogies like these, believe me I know. They've made vague comments loosely relating to it in these posts below, and----"

I'm, I'm sorry, I'm laughing too hard to finish the joke

Rift Chaser

Default Sigh - Dismissive Much Brasse?

Thank you Necalli and Ookamikawaii for forming cogent and thoughtful responses. I am tired. I have *never* spent so much time talking, re-hashing, hovering and even begging for simple answers to questions. I am tired of the direction the game is going- evidently after chasing off raiders and those who enjoy pvp (teaming in general) the direction has drifted to quests, dims, and wardrobes. Well yay for those who like that. It seems the dungeon (s) are just a way for the quests, dims, minions and wardrobes to have meaning. I have spent *thousands* of real dollars on this game. As a guild leader and raid leader I helped gear numerous people who needed to reach acceptable levels of gear and dps to raid successfully. There is a thrill in beating hard bosses *together*. There is no thrill- for me- doing solo or mindless group content (like killing rift after rift after rift in the IAs). So - happy for those who find the breathtaking art and innovative puzzle dungeons interesting. Even drop dead gorgeous art needs a framework. I enjoyed playing Rogue and Hack more in the early 1990's in ASCII script than I do Rift at the moment. You have no idea how sad that makes me. I have loved this game. I have made friends in it- both real and virtual. I have spent hours and hours enjoying the time and energy the devs put into this game. The present state of Rift has nearly killed my guild and most of the guilds I raided with. There are a few die-hard gamers in my guild that stay hoping for the raid when it comes out. But the truth is I have gathered most of the guildies who are unhappy up and formed a guild in WoW Legion until Rift either improves or decides to stay the course on role playing and dims. I am dividing my time between both guilds and games at the moment- but find I spend less time- and more importantly- money on Rift these days. I am tired of being blown off and practically gaslighted when I know quite well the issues so carefully outlined by Necalli and Ookamikawaii, and even Wocky and others are not being taken to heart. In my opinion- because the game is heading a different direction. It is a management direction- not a dev direction. Shame on them for injuring-even killing- the old flagship Rift game that made the other Trion games possible. The devs have put a lot of love and time into the product- at least the ones that are left. Do not blame them. They do as they are told. BUT do not be dismissive to your *customer base*- particularly whales like me- who are going elsewhere because we are worn out trying to communicate with the decisionmakers. I am Andracleric- from the Hailol guild Circlet Jerkins.

Plane Touched

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post

Thank you. You've clarified how the Dev team feel about the player base. #contempt
    Last edited by Gunian; 12-14-2016 at 02:13 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast