Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Still no word from the devs about any of the issues

Rift Master

responses in green
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteDonkies View Post
    • Lack of Content No contest here
    • Lack of plans announced for future content They haven't really announced anything on the forums but like I mentioned they said on the livestream sieges won't be till January and raid sometime after that.
    • Lack of quality in content depends on which content(atm there is really only quests, SPEs, IA assaults) quests and zones I think are pretty high quality atleast for Rift SPEs I think are mostly poor quality atleast as far as mechanically but graphically/zone wise are fine, planar assaults I think are pretty poor quality and get old quick.
    • Lack of dev communication I think this is because they just don't have time to post on everything because they're still trying to get stuff done before they take off for the holidays but yea a little more would be nice
    • Excessive bugs In general I actually haven't seen slews of bugs, there have been afew notable(and in some cases recurring ones) that have caused temple and IAs to be disabled tho.
    • Preformance issues again I haven't seen tons of complaints about performance issues, most of the ones I have seen are related to the stability of 64 bit plus how addons cause quite afew crashes with 64bit
    • Unacceptable lack of balance, particularly in the area of legendaries agree balance is all over the place and I'm still baffled by their decision to add legendaries in the first place when historically they've struggled balancing hybrids. That said since there isn't any meaningful content atm it's not like it really matters too much yet.
    • Planar fragments being a huge time and plat sink while not really adding anything into the game and being driven by a toxic form of RNGPFs have been a failure in my eyes, they just replaced having to get 2 sets of gear with having to get 2 sets of fragments. it didn't even make it simpler(if anything it's more complex now) and added a RNG element ontop of it. But again I don't see why you'd expect any type of comment on this since they aren't suddenly going to do an about face and scrap the system or anything.
    • The fact the devs are speaking about the expansion as if it were a success in its current stateThis isn't surprising at all. whether they think it's good or bad they wouldn't publicly say "our latest product isn't very good!"
    • Extremely low difficulty of content, even at the hardest parts of the game this really seems intentional and shouldn't surprise anyone as they're clearly going in a direction where they are just courting casuals and lowest common denominator type folks as evidenced by not only the difficulty of content but stuff like LFR and the raid support class changes
    Last edited by Artak; 12-10-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    responses in green
    Your responses essentially boil down to "that's just how it has to be" or "you should have expected this." This is the bread-and-butter of why so many people are upset. The fact that this could be seen coming and the fact that the dev team didn't have enough resources to make the project great doesn't excuse the utter lack of quality. It doesn't justify all of the buyer's remorse for the product. It just means that I sympathize with the devs for being given an impossible task. But I still find nothing but blame with Trion Worlds.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Doveblack View Post
    What MMOs did you play on dialup back in 1996?
    Ultima Online started late 1997, so that seems fair enough. EQ1 was a couple years later.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Ultima Online started late 1997, so that seems fair enough. EQ1 was a couple years later.
    Even before that MUD's were going strong. Telnet servers with 600+ people playing in a world with ASCII based graphics. Those were the days...
    It's not that we don't believe in your gods. We know they are real. We also know they are weak and afraid.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    I'm sure it would also be helpful to list what "the issues" are instead of just vaguely referencing them as different people consider different things issues(some valid, some less so)..
    I didn't really start this thread to discuss all the current problems with SFP. There are many threads already dedicated to all the problems the player base has with SFP. If you personally don't think there are any problems, then that is great for you. There is nothing wrong with having that opinion.

I started this thread as a discussion about the lack of dev response to all of the "issues" that have been brought up by many players. I am curious as to what people think about Trion's lack of transparency and also wondering how long people will give them to either fix the issues, or at least acknowledge that their IS a problem.
    Last edited by Dreezee; 12-10-2016 at 07:43 PM.
    Brazill@Deepwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dreezee View Post
    I am curious as to what people think about Trion's lack of transparency and also wondering how long people will give them to either fix the issues, or at least acknowledge that their IS a problem.
    If the raids are easy, I'm out basically. That will be the last straw for me.
    Currently the devs don't visit the forums as much because there is so much hate and vitriol that it just depresses them. There are a few things that are wrong, but I get the feeling they're not allowed to admit that. It's like now with the new terms of use policy, an admission of guilt possibly opens them up to refunds and what not. I know I'm probably clutching at straws a bit with that one, but it could be possible.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Currently the devs don't visit the forums as much because there is so much hate and vitriol that it just depresses them. There are a few things that are wrong, but I get the feeling they're not allowed to admit that. It's like now with the new terms of use policy, an admission of guilt possibly opens them up to refunds and what not. I know I'm probably clutching at straws a bit with that one, but it could be possible.
    These forums have never been a place for 100% honest discussion about what's going on, and to a degree that's a good thing. There's a line between what we want to know is going on as players and the other side of that are the things that shouldn't be discussed, can't be discussed, or don't have enough information for them to bring a discussion that has any purpose whatsoever.

I'm sure that there are probably multiple reasons behind why there doesn't seem to be as much dev interaction on the forums, or at least a declining amount as time goes on, but I'd certainly rather see more work going on to fix things than devs on the forums, provided that enough information is being provided back to players. In this case, the general consensus is that there isn't enough and I think that's fair.

I have no idea who's working on what, but can only hope that some of the content that should have been out already, is going to be pretty spectacular once it's released. Not interested in the pessimists' opinions, that's my 2c.

Edit: The "expert dungeons" have been so underwhelming that I completely understand 'easy' raids being a breaking point. The only point at which the dungeons were hard was when we were running in with 1800 hit.
    Last edited by Hewi; 12-10-2016 at 09:46 PM.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    If PVE raiding is your bag, try Wildstar.

It's going to take time to get back to the level of endgame that was available for NTE.

Even if they drop a raid in, and another dungeon or two, that is not going to compensate for the loss of multiple raid zones, dungeons, weekly and monthly quests (tyrant, SOL, five khans, sparkles), etc. So yeah, it would be nice to have a rough timeline of what's on the horizon. Carrots are good.

Some of the new content is certainly lackluster. Planar Adventures feels like the biggest step back to me. Went from Hunt Rifts to Nightmare Rifts to ... farming minor rifts for rep? I guess my hope here is that they use this to launch tougher versions of the PAA. Maybe something more along the lines of Nightmare rifts. Intrepid instant adventures could be fun, at least in comparison to PAA. PAA are just absent of fun.

Also the dragon Tasuil... I know Lord Arak is a tough act to follow but come on. Arak was at least entertaining. Sorry I know the comparison is weak (evil demi-god vs... whatever Tasuil is). Just maybe an overall comment on character development. I have to give the team some credit though: I can tell there was a lot of thought and effort put in to make the dragon as annoying as possible, so kudos on that one.

My suggestions would be:

- Go ahead and recycle the old content! Bump dungeons and chronicles up to LVL 70, and adjust rewards appropriately. Yeah that's not as cool as new dungeons I get it but it's SOMETHING.
    - Intrepid / Epic / Raid version of PAA. Maybe have small chance to drop a tier 2 fragment or something along those lines?
    - Bring on Fortress Sieges. I don't know what that is but it sounds cool. Bring it.
    - There was a lvl 70 sparkle quest in the works right? Where is it? Bring it.
    - Weekly quests. The foothold mob spam isn't killing enough people anymore. Need open world raid mobs.

There's more but I am going to keep it short for now.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Birtanerny View Post
    If PVE raiding is your bag, try Wildstar.
    The graphics alone are already a big no go, and I haven't really heard much praise about the content either, so nah, don't want to waste my time.
    Last edited by Fia; 12-11-2016 at 06:06 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    The graphics alone are already a big no go, and I haven't really heard much praise about the content either, so nah, don't want to waste my time.
    If artistic graphics, like your avatar, are a deal-breaker, fair enough. However, as far as content, you've simply been misinformed. Carbine, unlike trion, actually listened to their customers and revamped several of the impediments that prevented their game from being as fun as it could be, without sacrificing the challenge of the PVE content.

Only recent thing I have seen on forums regarding anything has been this so far. One prior was 12-08-2016 06:34 PM

Guess we will need to watch for patch notes for anything going forward :-(

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Birtanerny View Post
    If artistic graphics, like your avatar, are a deal-breaker, fair enough. However, as far as content, you've simply been misinformed. Carbine, unlike trion, actually listened to their customers and revamped several of the impediments that prevented their game from being as fun as it could be, without sacrificing the challenge of the PVE content.
    Hmmmm, then I might give it a try after all.
    Last edited by Fia; 12-13-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Hmmmm, then I might give it a try after all.
    Fia go and try, you wont regret it.
    The first dungeon on normalmode at lvl 15 is already a blast and really like 10x harder than current experts.

Bruta
    Last edited by Brutalize11; 12-13-2016 at 02:15 PM.
    Guild Leader
    - Akatsuki -
    @PRIME

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Folks, Dev does not post in response to demands that they show up and post. That's not how this works. =)

the Devs do post as often as they can (while building game features), and read a ton of feedback, both directly and when Community gathers it on specific topics.

I'll tell you quite honestly that one reason they don't post more is that they don't want to get into unwinnable arguments. Some of the most vocal players are unwilling to accept dialog and explanation and claim Dev has not responded.
    Instead, time after time I see people piling on with demands, imprecations and posts about why Dev is wrong and must correct things or the game will die. That's not how dialogue works.

The Devs are hardworking professionals, and they know how to accept constructive feedback. They have most certainly already responded to every one of the issues presented here, but perhaps some are unwilling to accept their previous responses or want them to respond every single day. The answer isn't going to change overnight.

Here's how to get Dev to spend more time on the forums:
    - Post as if you're sitting right beside them, right now, on a couch. Tone would be completely different if these were personal conversations.
    - Consider removing the snarky signatures that immediately tell everyone that you're itching for an argument. They're not clever, they're hurtful. Not a good way to start any conversation, or get help from a Dev.
    - Understand that as players we are all individuals with widely differing opinions and playstyles, and there is no way that Dev can make everyone happy. It is physically impossible.
    - Accept that Dev makes choices based on game design experience, player feedback and extensive game data... and the game always continues to evolve over time. It's a remarkably democratic process and the loudest vote is still only one vote. Silent votes are just as important, and only a small percentage of players posts to the forums. (And yes, we gather feedback from in-game chat as well.)
    - Accept that Dev may have made a decision that you don't like. They don't have to change it because you don't like it.
    - Accept that Dev makes mistakes because they are human. If you've never made a mistake I'd love to know how you won that lottery.
    - Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    - The terms everyone and nobody are two of the most misleading terms ever used. Let's stop using them, because nobody is somebody and everybody is some people. It's hard to get specific numerical data points. =)
    - Join in targeted feedback threads when they are posted and stay on topic, without diverging to your personal agenda and points.

We have forum guidelines posted, but really, there's just one rule: be kind to one another... and Dev.
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 12-13-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast