+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dev questions Doc

Doc

Default Dev questions Doc

So going off of what has already been put in HERE

I am opening this up to be a little bit more directed for some real questions. Please don't ask for a beta invite here.

It's going to be simple.

Think of that one thing you are dying to know about, has you on the fence about Rift, or is just making you so antsy you might explode if you cant ask it.

My quest I'm assigning to you all is ask me that 1 burning question that you have floating around in your head.

I will then look over what we have here, and quite possibly get your question answered!

While some open PVP zones are confirmed, will we see extensive "open RVR" type areas with objectives in Rift ala Dark Age of Camelot at launch? Either way, might we eventually see PVP enabled zones, even on PVE servers (i.e. capturable objectives in an area that provide faction-wide bonuses for the owners, perhaps with some leveling areas/nice loot-dropping monsters to encourage some PVE & PVP action mixed up) where it would still be optional?
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 10-28-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    While some open PVP zones are confirmed, will we see extensive "open RVR" type areas with objectives in Rift ala Dark Age of Camelot at launch? Either way, might we eventually see PVP enabled zones, even on PVE servers (i.e. capturable objectives in an area that provide faction-wide bonuses for the owners, perhaps with some leveling areas/nice loot-dropping monsters to encourage some PVE & PVP action mixed up) where it would still be optional?
    With Port Scion being still kind of vague its hard to tell whats planned for it, and if there will be others. I would like to hear this as well, but highly doubt It well be open for discussion at the time. I could always be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    With Port Scion being still kind of vague its hard to tell whats planned for it, and if there will be others. I would like to hear this as well, but highly doubt It well be open for discussion at the time. I could always be wrong though
    Hopefully you're wrong .
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

face roll instnaces or something that will take us a month or two to take out a boss?
    Last edited by Oggiefishier; 10-29-2010 at 04:49 AM.
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggiefishier View Post
    face roll instnaces or something that will take us a month or two to take out a boss?
    We're talking about possible open PVP/RVR-type areas, not PVE instances.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    We're talking about possible open PVP/RVR-type areas, not PVE instances.
    yeah hit wrong button lol was aiming the question atthe op not your pvp discussion.
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Bob

I dont know if it's yet to early to ask about this, since it's about security:
    is there any plans on some kind of security token and/or apps for Rift/triongames?

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I dont know if it's yet to early to ask about this, since it's about security:
    is there any plans on some kind of security token and/or apps for Rift/triongames?
    This was actually on my list of hmm I wonder if they will do this

Doc

If anyone has questions please submit them. Thanks

or if you have a specific thing you would like tested in the game.
    Last edited by Doc; 11-01-2010 at 04:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread