Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree620Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can I Have My Money Back?

Telaran

Default Can I Have My Money Back?

But really...I gave your expansion a shot. It wasn't expansive. It wasn't fun. It wasn't even functional. So, what do I need to do to recover my money that I was mislead into spending on your expansion?

You can't.

Telaran

Ok, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Birtanerny View Post
    Ok, why not?
    Read the refund policy:

ALL SUBSCRIPTION FEES (INCLUDING ANY GAME CARD REDEEMED FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES) AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH VIRTUAL ITEMS, IF ANY, ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU AGREE THAT TRION IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY BACK FOR PRE-PAID TIME AND/OR VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER VOLUNTARILY OR INVOLUNTARILY. Additionally, as products or services (such as Game(s) or Virtual Items) that are downloadable are deemed used promptly upon completion of your purchase, no refunds will be made for such purchases. Unless otherwise required by law or permitted by this Agreement, downloaded products, account keys purchased to activate or unlock downloaded software (including any Game(s) and/or Game Client(s)), and Virtual Items are not refundable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Trion at any time.
    R.I.P.

Telaran

"Unless otherwise required by law"

Well this is interesting. I submit, if you sell a product by claiming it has certain functions, and after purchasing it I find out it doesn't have the functions advertised, that would fall under the "otherwise required by law" part of their refund policy. Is it Trion's official position that this expansion has delivered what they advertised?

I think your understanding of what words mean, and my understanding what words mean, differ.

"Unless otherwise required by law"

Well this is interesting. I submit, if you sell a product by claiming it has certain functions, and after purchasing it I find out it doesn't have the functions advertised, that would fall under the "otherwise required by law" part of their refund policy. Is it Trion's official position that this expansion has delivered what they advertised?

I think your understanding of what words mean, and my understanding what words mean, differ.
    Except that you agree that Trion can and will make changes to any part of any of their games including making things less effective or non-existent. In legal debates like this, logic very rarely prevails. It is in my opinion that Trion did not provide everything promised, however, their Terms of Service takes extensive measures to ensure that this dissatisfaction is covered in one fashion or another.
    R.I.P.

Telaran

Fair enough, I understand your point. Basically, Trion reserves the right to keep your money regardless of whatever dishonest means they used to obtain it.

That being said, I've submitted a dispute with my cc company. So, while Trion may very well refuse to refund the money they lied to obtain, if my cc company sides with me, I'll get my money back.

In my submission, I chose the explanation to be the goods I received were damaged and not usable. Which of course is true. When I get my money back, I'll be sure to post step by step what I did for anyone else here done with rift.

Default Oh Brother...

Oh brother... why don't you come back in a few weeks when things are more functional instead of pouting?

Ascendant

If you are serious, open a ticket with CS (and not on the forums), explain your situation and see if they can help you out with a refund (including a rollback of course).

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    Oh brother... why don't you come back in a few weeks when things are more functional instead of pouting?
    Because I'd rather go find a game that has more than 3 roflpwn dungeons, no raids, and actually works. I bet I can do that in 3 weeks.

How come you can't wish me luck on recovering my stolen money and finding a game I enjoy?

Trion killed the golden geese it had. Don't be mad at us. We'll just take our time and money and spend them elsewhere.
    Last edited by Birtanerny; 12-04-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Fair enough, I understand your point. Basically, Trion reserves the right to keep your money regardless of whatever dishonest means they used to obtain it.

That being said, I've submitted a dispute with my cc company. So, while Trion may very well refuse to refund the money they lied to obtain, if my cc company sides with me, I'll get my money back.

In my submission, I chose the explanation to be the goods I received were damaged and not usable. Which of course is true. When I get my money back, I'll be sure to post step by step what I did for anyone else here done with rift.
    Good luck with that, however, I believe quality complaints are not eligible for dispute, though you can take legal action if a) the purchase was made within 100 miles of your current billing address, b) the purchase was more than $50, and c) you have made an effort to resolve the issue with the seller.
    R.I.P.

"I love it!" - Frank Drebin

Rift Chaser

Filing for a chargeback with your cc company might get you your money back, but don't expect to have a rift account to come back to if you do this. The cc company will generally put the burden of proof for such a dispute on the business - unless the business can meet very strict guidelines for proving that a charge is valid the cc company will reverse it. But Trion could very well ban or delete your account for doing so - not just limited to rift, but your account with Trion as a whole so you could lose everything you've done in all of their games.

Telaran

Right? I wished them well.

If anything, that should serve as a testament to my sincere effort to give Trion the benefit of the doubt.

Now I'll use my time I would have otherwise spent playing rift, and educate others how to get their money back.

If they don't give your money back, you could always lodge a complaint with the EU advertising commission or alternatively any consumer watchdog in your country. The costs and negative publicity from such an action would out-weigh your 40 bucks or other purchase.

Also, you don't even have to spend a cent to lodge a report. Consumer protection agencies are there to protect you.

In my opinion, the DLC is not a complete product, was not delivered in a reliable state, so I think you'd have a strong case for misrepresentation. I also don't think Trion has done enough to compensate for the down-time, inconvenience from a rather rocky launch.

Also, these guys quoting terms and conditions from a electronic "contract" - that is not even legally binding in some places, so yes - you can demand your money back.

An "accept" button on an electronic legal form is not a legally binding contract in all countries.

It is completely unreasonable and unfair not to get a refund if you request it, in my opinion.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 12-04-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast