Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree620Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can I Have My Money Back?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Would you have preferred to get everything the Expansion will have on first week? what are you going to do for the next two years then.
    Wait, everything they're planning to do for the next two years is just that list?!

Also, have we yet fully turned this into a false dichotomy where anyone was actually demanding that every feature mentioned be available on day 1?
    We have? Excellent.
    Last edited by archcomponent; 12-05-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    Wait, everything they're planning to do for the next two years is just that list?!

There is a "more" included.
    /10chars

I already mentioned some of the "more" items, there was a post a few weeks back from someone that speaks with Devs on Discord who dropped hints at more Dungeons and Raids coming, i remember them saying on a Live Stream there's an epic story chain coming like the Nightmare Saga or the Crucia Saga.

No one knows what's coming in the next two years but you can be assured we are getting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    You seem to be right, checked over the website again, looking for fine print which said all these features will be in at launch, all it gives is a list of stuff in the Expansion and as the Expansion is supposed to last two years, more or less then it's a guarantee we'll get all the promised features, if not, grab the pitchforks.

Website says:

Increased Level Cap: 70 (check, working)

Legendary Powers (check. in game, some still need tuning)

New Zones (check, 4 out of 5 promised in game)

New Dungeons (check, 2 new Dungeons, 1 Intrepid, 1 "puzzle" Dungeon)
    New Raid (not in game yet, coming as part of Expansion)
    Planar Assault Adventures (check, in game, working properly after some issues)

Fortress Sieges (not in game yet, coming as part of Expansion)

Looking for Raid (not in game yet, coming as part of Expansion)

Individual Reward System (check, in game)

Active Upgrades (check, in game)

Eternal Item Rarity (not in game yet, coming as part of Expansion, has been data mined)

Planar Fragments (check, in game)

AND MORE (no one really knows what's "more", crafting Rifts, sparkle level 70 quest, rare Zone Events...all confirmed in podcasts/live streams, no idea what else)
    That would be fine.. if it said that not all content would be available at launch. But it doesn't. It advertises these features that come with the expansion released on x date.

Problem is many of those features are no where to be found. You can't advertise something for a product, and nowhere state that not all features will be available at release. Any consumer who looks at that page is led to believe that all those features are available at launch, which isn't the case. Hence false advertising and possible grounds for a refund.

I could care less and don't think people should complain; you know what you have now, either be patient or file for a refund, which trion will most likely honor because of the missing features stated above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyArcher View Post
    Is this person for real? It's like eating a whole pizza and saying that you want your money back because it didn't have pepperoni on it (this is particularly funny expression because I'm a vegetarian). The other features will come; they will be fixed. The nerve of some people...
    No, this is like a menu for pizza saying that your pizza will come with pepperoni, onions, jalapenos, peppers and barbeque sauce, you order it, and the waitress delivers it to your table with two slices missing and only half the toppings, telling you that the rest will come within two years.

Would you be happy with a restaurant that did that?
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 12-12-2016 at 01:19 AM.

Champion

Read a book and didn't like it..want you money back. Hmmmm might try that.

And Meteorblade. You said you would not be getting SFP but it seems you did.
    Last edited by MoMo1; 12-12-2016 at 02:34 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Here's the correct version for you:

"Payed for two years of cable tv, but can only receive half of the shows that were advertised. Cable company tells me the missing shows might be available sometime 2017. Want my money back."

Seriously... if you have a hard time to get your analogies right, you simply should stop posting any. Showing your inability to distinguish a service from a physical product will not help you prove your point.

Champion

You were never buying a completed product and you know it. I don't like it.. give me my money back..I rushed through the content and I don't know what to do. I'm bored. Give me more. Release it early and you get these complaints. Release it late and you will be bored anyway.

Stuff is coming. Moaning about it ad nauseum is the kids way out. I want it and I want it now. This is a game ..not a full time occupation.

You were never buying a completed product and you know it. I don't like it.. give me my money back..I rushed through the content and I don't know what to do. I'm bored. Give me more. Release it early and you get these complaints. Release it late and you will be bored anyway.

Stuff is coming. Moaning about it ad nauseum is the kids way out. I want it and I want it now. This is a game ..not a full time occupation.
    HOW DO YOU RUSH THROUGH CONTENT WHEN THERE IS VERY VERY LITTLE CONTENT TO BEGIN WITH?

What this expansion has essentially done is a) wasted my money b) caused me to lose interest in Rift c) never to spend a dollar on anything from Trion
    Last edited by Jennybrae; 12-12-2016 at 04:01 AM.

And they say I'm bad with my analogies.

If Starfall Prophecy was a book, it would have some chapters missing, text would be misprinted in different fonts with some characters missing and the story wouldn't end - you would need to wait 3 months, BUT it would have a chapter of crossword puzzles appended at the end to keep you busy till such time as the publisher can send you the rest of the book's missing chapters - and the ending - as well as repairs to the damaged/misprinted fonts.

Yeah, I'd want my money back with a book like that.

ps. one of the chapters they worked on and sent back after 3 weeks would be written in multiple overlays of heat reactive ink to give you different stories based on what the temperature in the room is - this would be done for comic relief to make you think you're hallucinating.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 12-12-2016 at 06:26 AM.

I'd refer you to this post from January 2016... Last Chance to Get Earring Slot Unlocks and Planewalker: Water with Voidstones!. That's the point where, after five years, I cancelled my recurring patron subscription and removed my payment method from Trion's site. I haven't paid Trion another penny since then. The only reason I'm playing SFP is that someone gifted it to me. Had that not happened I wouldn't be playing it. Heck, I finished the content inside a week.
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 12-12-2016 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WockyCC View Post

If Starfall Prophecy was a book...

It would be Game of Thrones. We're all still waiting for George to finish the next book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyArcher View Post
    Is this person for real? It's like eating a whole pizza and saying that you want your money back because it didn't have pepperoni on it (this is particularly funny expression because I'm a vegetarian). The other features will come; they will be fixed. The nerve of some people...
    No, its nothing like that.

It's like ordering a pepperoni pizza, biting into the 1st piece and realizing its sawdust and melted wax and it doesn't contain anything you actually ordered besides the appearance of being a pizza.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Thumbs up

Can we not declare an analogy war now, please.

If all the missing content was actually delivered over the next 2 years (which is a super long timeframe to deliver any amount of content after "release") then at that point Rift will be 7 years old.

7 years old.

Now I didn't buy SFP because I wanted to wait and see and I'm pretty glad I didn't at this point. Even if Trion actually delivers all the missing content and then puts in new content to replace all the removed content that was present in NMT that is now simply gone - and that's a pretty big if - then I have to ask myself who is actually the market for this?

Who spends forty bucks for a game with 3 dungeons and 1 ten man? (noting that currently just it's 1 1/2 dungeons and no raid due to bugs and disabled content)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast