+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Please change the macro system to use max. 1 combat ability in a macro

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Iwateguy View Post
    I have an even easier solution. You could just tell yourself (and a few others in this thread should do the same), "Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it must be taken away from someone else."

One could argue that it isn't even actually a solution since the "problem" would simply vanish.

No problem, no solution needed.
    I rest my case, i wouldnt mind if those people had make the macros with their own experiences, since 1 button macros in most cases do less than optimal rotation, so if you want to bash me why did i just make a 1 button Preserver guide (found in my Sig), I'll say because I know the spec with my heart and like the back of my hand, and so I did do it.

Problem here is, as i mentioned before, those people who barely even know the names of the skills used , and then bragging bout it.
    Seen someguy doing 15k dps on prim, he was on jumpalidt the next day, same gear doing 60k dps and bragging, dude fine, i understood you managed to pick a macro from the forums, shoo!
    As said before, someone who doesnt even know their simple rota except pressing thay 111111111111121121111111111 macro fromm the forum shouldnt be able to beat the dps charts.
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 12-07-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Rift Chaser

There is nothing wrong with the current macro system.
    There is nothing preventing you from playing the class the way you think it should be played.
    You only want to change the macro system so people have to play the way you think it should be played.
    Your like the religious whack jobs who want to force their beliefs upon others.

Fia

I have an even easier solution. You could just tell yourself (and a few others in this thread should do the same), "Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it must be taken away from someone else."

One could argue that it isn't even actually a solution since the "problem" would simply vanish.

No problem, no solution needed.
    But that's the whole point, nothing is being taken away from anyone. No idea what you're blabbering on about here tbh. :V

If you make Jolt and Rush of Strength non-macroable, all that's gonna happen is that they'll loose a few dps (like 30k or something), that's all. They'll still be able to do expert dungeons and even raids just fine, they just won't be topping the dps/hps charts. But that wouldn't be a problem for them anyway, as they don't care about dps/hps in the first place.
    Last edited by Fia; 12-07-2016 at 09:16 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    . But that wouldn't be a problem for them anyway, as they don't care about dps/hps in the first place.
    LOLDAMNYOU:V
    /10chars

Shh and look at cute baby Dory...

Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Plane Touched

But that's the whole point, nothing is being taken away from anyone. No idea what you're blabbering on about here tbh. :V

If you make Jolt and Rush of Strength non-macroable, all that's gonna happen is that they'll loose a few dps (like 30k or something), that's all.
    OK, one last attempt and if you're still incapable of seeing it. so be it.

"Nothing is being taken away from anyone." Recognize that? That's your statement from the quote above.

Now, look at what you write in the first sentence of the next paragraph,

"make Jolt and Rush of Strength non-macroable, all that's gonna happen is that they'll lose a few dps (like 30k or something)".

In other words, change macros so that macro users will do less DPS than they do now (a drop of 30k). Do you understand that that is what you are saying in that sentence?

Maybe you're using some sort of Humpty Dumpty dictionary where words mean what you WANT them to mean but, based on the meanings that I know for the words you're using, you ARE saying to take DPS away from macro users. You can try to blow it off as "a few DPS" but it doesn't change the fact that you are arguing for exactly what you claim you're not arguing for.

OK, one last attempt and if you're still incapable of seeing it. so be it.

"Nothing is being taken away from anyone." Recognize that? That's your statement from the quote above.

Now, look at what you write in the first sentence of the next paragraph,

"make Jolt and Rush of Strength non-macroable, all that's gonna happen is that they'll lose a few dps (like 30k or something)".

In other words, change macros so that macro users will do less DPS than they do now (a drop of 30k). Do you understand that that is what you are saying in that sentence?

Maybe you're using some sort of Humpty Dumpty dictionary where words mean what you WANT them to mean but, based on the meanings that I know for the words you're using, you ARE saying to take DPS away from macro users. You can try to blow it off as "a few DPS" but it doesn't change the fact that you are arguing for exactly what you claim you're not arguing for.

Its not really "being taken away from them", heck they dont even own it to lose it, they dont bother to learn any proper thing ~ they dont even deserve that much dps
    And then again, they can bother pressing another button and not "losing" the dps.
    Also im loving how you're ignoring me

Default A Journey to Elitism: a Story

I once was a bad. I didn't know how to play anything. I learned from legends such as the mighty Paragonfury on how to play my class. He taught me well. I practiced. I trained. Until the day, I finally made my own macro...

#show Thread of Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Poison Malice
    cast cleanse soul
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast break free
    cast backstab
    cast swift shot
    cast Thread of Death
    cast Jagged Strike
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Debilitating Dart
    cast fading light

I was praised as a strong player for my elite macro making skills. I grew stronger, but i wasn't an elitist yet. But then, I met the Grand Master Xclusive. He told me the secret to become an elite rift member.

He said "The trick, is to put your cleanse soul and break frees into another macro"

I did it, I put 2 buttons on my bars, one for dps, and one for break frees. I wasn't sure though, it I was a true elite. But this thread has confirmed, that due to the fact I have more than 1 button on my bars, I am truly a snobby elitist.

I would like to thank my friends and family for achieving this level of elitism.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    I once was a bad. I didn't know how to play anything. I learned from legends such as the mighty Paragonfury on how to play my class. He taught me well. I practiced. I trained. Until the day, I finally made my own macro...

#show Thread of Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Poison Malice
    cast cleanse soul
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast break free
    cast backstab
    cast swift shot
    cast Thread of Death
    cast Jagged Strike
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Debilitating Dart
    cast fading light

I was praised as a strong player for my elite macro making skills. I grew stronger, but i wasn't an elitist yet. But then, I met the Grand Master Xclusive. He told me the secret to become an elite rift member.

He said "The trick, is to put your cleanse soul and break frees into another macro"

I did it, I put 2 buttons on my bars, one for dps, and one for break frees. I wasn't sure though, it I was a true elite. But this thread has confirmed, that due to the fact I have more than 1 button on my bars, I am truly a snobby elitist.

I would like to thank my friends and family for achieving this level of elitism.
    I confirm this macro said here is best macro ever and gives you 1M+ ST dps

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Its not really "being taken away from them", heck they dont even own it to lose it, they dont bother to learn any proper thing ~ they dont even deserve that much dps
    And then again, they can bother pressing another button and not "losing" the dps.

Up to a point, I'm usually happy enough to talk about words and what they mean and don't mean but the problem with your posts is you don't seem to be able to resist throwing in insults toward people who disagree. Of course, I do understand that that is what trolls do so it's not as if it comes as any great surprise. It just gets tedious after a while.

Also im loving how you're ignoring me:
    Well, I wasn't aware you had said anything that warranted a response so I'll have to guess. Is the following message the one that I'm ignoring?

I rest my case, i wouldnt mind if those people had make the macros with their own experiences, since 1 button macros in most cases do less than optimal rotation, so if you want to bash me why did i just make a 1 button Preserver guide (found in my Sig), I'll say because I know the spec with my heart and like the back of my hand, and so I did do it.

Problem here is, as i mentioned before, those people who barely even know the names of the skills used , and then bragging bout it.
    Seen someguy doing 15k dps on prim, he was on jumpalidt the next day, same gear doing 60k dps and bragging, dude fine, i understood you managed to pick a macro from the forums, shoo!
    As said before, someone who doesnt even know their simple rota except pressing thay 111111111111121121111111111 macro fromm the forum shouldnt be able to beat the dps charts.
    There doesn't seem to be anything new here. I told you in an earlier message that you just have to put people on Ignore when they do stuff that bothers you (like bragging).

As for "shouldn't be able to beat the dps charts", nothing new there, either. Why should it bother you? Is the game only fun if YOU can top the charts? If so, the problem is clearly with you (although I doubt you'll see that) and not with the fact some macro user is bettering you on the charts.

As a total aside, what does "I know the spec with my heart" mean? I've never heard the expression before but, from context, I can guess what you're trying to say. No sort of insult intended here, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFart91 View Post
    Mashing 1 button over and over, isn't fun. There's absolutely no challenge to any game, if that's all it requires.
    I'm not sure that I fully understand.

Are you saying that mashing 8 buttons in the same specific sequence (for example, a dps rotation) over and over again is fun, but mashing 1 button over and over again is not?

How many buttons need to be in the repetitive sequence for it to become fun for you?

Do you believe that there's an ideal number of buttons that should be in the repetitive sequence to maximize fun for everybody?

In the last 6 days, my one arm has become really sore from 1 button mashing all the time.
    As someone who types all day for a living, that's a sure sign that you're hitting the button too hard. Try tapping it lightly. You'll get the same amount of dps out of it. I promise. Furthermore, since you're only hitting 1 button, you can change up which finger (and even which hand) you hit it with. As long as you're hitting one button, your pinkie will do the same dps as your index finger.

If your gonna keep getting the game dumbed down so you can 1 button mash all day long. That's your choice entirely. If however you want the game to return to some semblance of a actual game, stop pushing the problems off on the dev's and start bloody well looking at yourself.
    Does this recommendation apply to you also?

You're complaining that mashing one button repetitively isn't fun for you, but you also say that your arm is getting sore from mashing one button repetitively for 6 days (which indicates that you've been choosing to play that way quite a bit).

You could bring back your own fun (and save your arm some pain) by choosing not to use a 1-button macro.

They'd have more time, to pump out content, and actually fixing broken stuff, than having to deal with ignorant bloody little maggots with their ego's, and their clear lack of intellect. When it comes to enjoying a game. Oh my, i can make one massive macro, and out dps everyone.
    Who are you calling an ignorant bloody little maggot with a clear lack of intellect?

In my opinion, the person who made the massive macro that does more dps than everyone else is smarter than you.

Or, I can copy this one guys macro off a post, and be just like everyone else.. Your giving up playing the game, for sitting on a chair and pressing 1 button over and over again. Its about as useless as can be. And this is how you like to play rift?
    As someone who is potentially in the same party as other players, I'm going to say that the player who copies a macro and does decent dps is useful. The useless player is the one who lets his ego get in the way of using macros, or who has an ineffective rotation because he's too proud to seek better advice on the forums.

Furthermore, based on some studies done in other MMOs, only 10% of players read the forums with any regularity. 70% never read them at all. The person who copies a macro from the forums has already demonstrated that they're less ignorant than 70% of the players I'm going to encounter.

I consider the willingness to do research and adopt other people's good ideas to be a sign of intelligence.

Speaking of copying things from the forums ... Did you create your spec from scratch, or did you look up some specs suggested by other people? In your opinion, is there a difference between using someone else's spec, versus using someone else's macro?

Because for me, a game is not, repeatedly doing 1 thing over and over, and over.. and over.. and over.. and over.. and over.. and over and over (and i almost forgot..) and over again.
    If you aren't into repetitive fights, why are you playing MMOs? The entire XP grind to max level is an exercise in repetitive fighting.

Gotta have a dumbed down game, for dumb players, simply because their dumb. And here you are, lol. Defending the dumb players. The majority have spoken out, against removing macros, god forbid even changing them.
    The really dumb players aren't using macros. They don't know how to make them.

But if it improves your gaming experience, feel free to team up exclusively with players who were incapable of figuring out the macro system.

If that person is beating the dps chart, then clearly everyone else should know enough to start doing the exact same thing.

Why is their bragging a problem?

Bragging about topping the dps chart is (in my opinion) about as classy as someone dropping their pants in public, whipping out a ruler, and claiming that the measurement makes them a more valuable human being. The bragging is annoying, regardless of who is doing it.

Why is it a bigger problem if a clueless person is doing the bragging? Did you want to be the person doing the bragging?

If you make Jolt and Rush of Strength non-macroable, all that's gonna happen is that they'll loose a few dps (like 30k or something), that's all. They'll still be able to do expert dungeons and even raids just fine, they just won't be topping the dps/hps charts. But that wouldn't be a problem for them anyway, as they don't care about dps/hps in the first place.
    Why do you care if they're topping the dps/hps charts?

Speaking as someone who prefers to tank, support or heal, I care about whether the party succeeds, how easy (or hard) it was, how smoothly things went. I don't care who did more dps. If you move yourself up the dps chart by undercutting the dps of the other players, then you're a liability. If you sacrifice your personal dps in order to boost the party's dps, you're an asset.

You're suggesting that the devs undercut the dps of certain players, just so you can look better compared to them. Lovely. That's the way to bring back the "I" in team.

Its not really "being taken away from them", heck they dont even own it to lose it,
    The irony is, you apparently believe that you own the top dps spot ... even if someone else has a macro that can beat your rotation.

they dont bother to learn any proper thing ~ they dont even deserve that much dps
    You didn't bother to copy the same macro that they're using. Clearly you don't deserve that much dps either.

Why can't you just let people play their own game?

Using 1 button macros will *always* be a dps loss in comparison to someone doing a legit rotation - Even if its by 30k its still 30k more dps than the 1 button masher guy is doing.

I don't see how any way it affects your gameplay that someone is just mashing 1 button to do dps - If that's an issue for you then join a hardcore raiding guild that will be doing actual rotations and only group with them - problem solved.

You can't force players to play how you think the game should be played - Let them do their own thing, you do yours. If you want to do an actual rotation, you do that - Noone is going to stop you, if they want to use 1 button, let them.

I also don't get why you guys are still arguing about it, Trion aren't going to change the macro system, just go play your game and let the people who don't want to improve their gameplay play theirs

p.s. - 1 combat ability to a macro is a stupid idea (coming from someone who rarely uses macros)
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Using 1 button macros will *always* be a dps loss in comparison to someone doing a legit rotation - Even if its by 30k its still 30k more dps than the 1 button masher guy is doing.

Skilled Specs
    Perfect rotation: 100%
    Botched rotation: 80% dps
    1 button play: 20-35% dps

One button friendly specs (Shaman, RB ect)
    Skilled play: 100% dps
    Botched rotation: 90% dps
    1 button spam: 95% dps

This is one of the reasons why people are complaining.

Furthermore currently these 1 button specs are outperforming skilled specs. So there's nearly no incentives for some of these classes player to get better since their perfect rotation would probably get beat by that 12 year old spamming 1s if their attacks happens to crit a little more.

If these 1 button spam were not top (and they shouldn't) of the food chain, no one would've complained guaran****ingtee. Well cept for the players who might have some physical disability as well as the few that has subpar skill.

edit: sorry to be blunt, my personal view might or might not agree with my reply, just listing the most common reasons why people complain when these 1 button derpa spams are competitive.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-07-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Up to a point, I'm usually happy enough to talk about words and what they mean and don't mean but the problem with your posts is you don't seem to be able to resist throwing in insults toward people who disagree. Of course, I do understand that that is what trolls do so it's not as if it comes as any great surprise. It just gets tedious after a while.

Well, I wasn't aware you had said anything that warranted a response so I'll have to guess. Is the following message the one that I'm ignoring?

There doesn't seem to be anything new here. I told you in an earlier message that you just have to put people on Ignore when they do stuff that bothers you (like bragging).

As for "shouldn't be able to beat the dps charts", nothing new there, either. Why should it bother you? Is the game only fun if YOU can top the charts? If so, the problem is clearly with you (although I doubt you'll see that) and not with the fact some macro user is bettering you on the charts.

As a total aside, what does "I know the spec with my heart" mean? I've never heard the expression before but, from context, I can guess what you're trying to say. No sort of insult intended here, just curious.
    well in a total nothing new is being said since some pages ago, it's the same /rant everyone is just rewording

and see you just ignored my
    let aside, I just meant i truely know my spec, just that my way of wording sentences can get confusing at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Staccato View Post
    If that person is beating the dps chart, then clearly everyone else should know enough to start doing the exact same thing.

Why is their bragging a problem?
    Why is their bragging a problem? it gets on my nerves :>
    Why is it a bigger problem if a clueless person is doing the bragging? Did you want to be the person doing the bragging?
    ehh yes I want to be doing the bragging. as a Tank/heal/support person who barely gives 2 dimes about his personal dps, I REALLY WANT TO TOP THE CHARTS
    once again I say, you dont even know me a single bit, do yourself a favor and just dont even try, you dont know me, say things you dont even know bout me and try making them sound correct, while they aint even half close to truth

cause... they dont deserve it? like i said i wouldnt care if they didnt brag that they are using a 1 button spec they just picked up off the forum last night.

The irony is, you apparently believe that you own the top dps spot ... even if someone else has a macro that can beat your rotation.
    The Irony is, you dont know me, and are trying to say sentences out of nowhere and make them look great:>
    I dps a bit here and there, yes. but I only care enough to do enough dps > boss dps check. I dont give the slightest dime if Im not the top dps, or the second spot, or the third.
    but oh you dont know me and are trying to make me sound like the bad guy

You didn't bother to copy the same macro that they're using. Clearly you don't deserve that much dps either.
    as a person who doesnt care bout his personal dps, I dont care.
    but then again I didnt say I deserve dps, nore that I crave it. and sorry but copying some macro on the forum u dont even know about doesnt deserve op dps either.

again, get your facts right boy.
    I dont really feel like correcting your wrong claims

#NoPainNoGain.
    ^ has chainged to #No1ButtonMacroNoDPS in rift :3

Fia

Speaking as someone who prefers to tank, support or heal, I care about whether the party succeeds, how easy (or hard) it was, how smoothly things went. I don't care who did more dps. If you move yourself up the dps chart by undercutting the dps of the other players, then you're a liability. If you sacrifice your personal dps in order to boost the party's dps, you're an asset.
    Because when I raid, I expect ppl to have sufficient control over their own character to play mechanics, so now the focus shifts into competitiveness (yes, I'm greedy): not only do I want to kill a raidboss, I also want to see how far I can push myself, i.e. how many risks I can take in order to get those few extra dps that catapult me to the number 1 spot in the damage meter. The more difficult it is, the more fun is in it for me. Being able to do the topmost dps via 1 button already cuts away a huuge chunk of that fun. This is usually what competitiveness is all about, something that a lot of Rift players seem to lack (which is ok btw, as long as it doesn't affect me).

Again, I'm ok with 1-button-macros, as long as they don't do the same or more dps than a properly played spec. But currently, this is simply not the case.
    Last edited by Fia; 12-08-2016 at 01:57 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast