+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree297Likes

Thread: Way to kill rangers.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Smeegol View Post
    Trion, why do you hate rangers so? I can't think of any logical reason you nerfed Ranger so terribly. I was finally beginning to enjoy it and now it's garbage. In the meantime, I get outDPSed by everyone else because I now have a 1 min CD on a 10 second buff. gg.
    Because the guy with the puppet said ranger had nothing in common with reality ... so they try to shape the game from reality...and ranger just doesn t fit new standards...clerics 600k dps do...i don t want to mention defense buffs...if we talk about survivability...their reality is clerics in pvp are paper ... warrs in pvp are paper ... mages in pvp are paper ... and ranger was stunning ... godlike...if u played dota u know what i m talking about... but everything will come to an end in 6 months...cause of the 6 months nerf PLAN...

lol

God knows how this exp will look like in 6 months...

I can t imagine...in reality i can find clerics in church...they do know nothing about damage...maybe exorcists...?!
    I give up on this ... it s getting ridiculous ...

If guy with the puppet made a joke ... community can also joke...why not ? ... and everything is clear ...everyone is happy and positive...but ranger is dead...

Good night
    Last edited by Amael37; 12-05-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Default And this coming patch..

Earlier on in the thread, the issue of a boar was brought up, to it losing aggro all the time. Combat pets for the rangers haven't been improved any in this expansion, that's why the tanking pet cannot hold aggro. The game still views them as level 65, despite whatever level they are currently at. All the ratings for them, are based off nightmare tide values. Pre-expansion content.

Poisons are purgeable. Instincts are purgeable. Animalism last i saw, was purgeable. Thread of death, purgeable. Nearly every single buff the rogue class has, across all of the roles, are purgeable. MM's cannot use poison buffs off the sin class at all. It overwrites the mm buffs. Despite them being from a seperate role. Sab has no buffs of their own, aside from a toggle ability. Right?

There's 400k-600k dps clerics out there. 300k + dps mages, 300k+ dps warriors. And lets not forget primalists. Both for single targets and aoe's. And rangers hitting 200k - 240k dps in single targets... get nerfed. While the other classes that did get nerfed, are more than 2x or 3x what the rogue rangers are doing after the fact of being nerfed.. Seems fair yes.

Pre-Nerf - Rangers were not overpowered when it came to spamming twin shots, even in pvp that's what? A burst of probably 15k-17k dps. 15 seconds of every 30. Then they drop back to 8k-12k. Single Target. Unless their dead, which is often the case. And they lose more dps. The fact that any healer can actually heal through it singlehandedly, without much of a issue is one point towards saying, its not overpowered.

The fact that it can be broken with line of sight, which isn't any issue at all in any warfront except in whitefall. That may take a few seconds to break.

Dps wise, pre-nerf most rangers avg out around 4.5 mil, in pve with each use. Typically sustaining them around 220k-240k dps with good gear.

In pvp pre-nerf that's about 200k-240k damage done without any healing. Over 15 seconds. Provided the target remains in line of sight (often chased by said ranger), and most times said ranger is dead before animalism's 15 sec is up.

In those 15 seconds, both before and after the nerf, there's other classes and roles, which do 2x or even 3x as much. One heal or two, is more than enough, usually to ensure a target survives, unless they were targetted already low health.

So whats the problem in pvp with rangers? There's healers on every team. Its not like their doing this massive damage over 3 seconds like, cough.. primalists. Oh right, 3 ticks of 90k crits. Love getting hit for 270k damage in pvp, over a space of 3 seconds, off 1 player. Yes i've had it happen to me, wasn't fun. Full hp to dead, before i could even find the player to target / mark as dangeous. Had to check the combat log, /tar em while dead, mark em while dead. I'd trade that 15 seconds of twin shot spam, for one 3 second burst that does 2x or even 3x what rangers are doing with a full animalism skill-spam pre-nerf. And it has what, a 4 sec cd? RIGHT. Healers wouldn't be able to save em with ease. Players wouldn't likely have any time to hide from line of sight. It'd be poof, dead. Likely even the pesky tanks.

Maybe what trion should do, is change the builders for each role, the main ones, and bump them upto the 20-25 point range so the main 61 pt build, would be the only one capable of using it for that specific role? Other roles, would not have the option to non-main builders. At least the good ones. Trion could simply put in a starter, low damage ability as a builder. No multi-target builder right away. Move the good ones, deeper into the tree. Most people IA to get past 20, or even 50, so they'd be fine then. Lvl 10 ascended trove, has a damned fine wpn in it for 10, everytime. Wouldn't be a issue to contend with. Or hell, nerf every class's builder, and put in a talent 0/5 for it over some other useless one. So the player could buff it up to the point of usefulness.
    Last edited by OldFart91; 12-05-2016 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Fixing typo's

Soulwalker

Default rogues are fine

rogues are fine they are already silly strong as it is

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCowNinja View Post
    rogues are fine they are already silly strong as it is
    yeah, silly strong. 600k dps st cleric. whats that, super-silly strong?

Quote Originally Posted by OldFart91 View Post
    Earlier on in the thread, the issue of a boar was brought up, to it losing aggro all the time. Combat pets for the rangers haven't been improved any in this expansion, that's why the tanking pet cannot hold aggro. The game still views them as level 65, despite whatever level they are currently at. All the ratings for them, are based off nightmare tide values. Pre-expansion content.
    Hmmm, This is sounding like they ignored the spec totally (since it is in their 6 month plan) and made the legendary to make up some of the dps they did not scale. It would explain the issues right now. Then the other hand killed the legendary which killed the spec as it was not updated.

Just a thought

Rift Disciple

So whats the problem in pvp with rangers? There's healers on every team.
    Yeh, tell that to pvp system match, yesterday spent 5 hours queueing on cd. Same ppl vs me, same no healers in my random .. Don't really care about rangers, they're ok yet. I would like to have random pvp to be really random, not having same guys for 5 hours in VS. I was marking their roles before fight start in 1 hour.

P.S. What the really could save ranger, 1st remove "range" requirement (I would like be melee with pet btw). And 2nd make some portion of mine boosts work on pet mirrored, anything, like vampiric or weapon bufs/runes/etc.

Then it could be possible to have insane ranger builds, like pair of melee+pet tanking boss.
    Last edited by alexzk; 12-05-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amael37 View Post
    Artewig i respect u and your posts are always a point of refference for me..but... U should respect mine...

I want what i payed for...why shouldn t I ?
    I doubt u parse 280 k MM constant maybe with relic fragments...

Is your shadeborn build ranged on builders/finisher or not? or maybe melee on builders ranged on finisher... ?

Anyway i don t understand why if this game it s buy to play ....i can buy an audi ...drive it 2 days...then one day woke up ...get hte keys and notice i own a renault...

Your approach it s not correct...it s about people paying to get smth ... and finding themselves owning some other thing...

U shouldn t defend trion...
    It s not about my skill ... mouse or else...or not being able to adapt to another class...In fact i own a cleric a mage and a primalist...

It s about what i love to play ...and i love to play rogue...ranged builds...Trion made melee obsolete...

Here after all it s not about me...it s about changes to a class...and it s not only my opinion...there are other people opinions...

Have a nice day playing...and be gratefull as much as u want for your dps on shadeborn ... maybe they ll nerf it next week...

U are also wrong about roles...

Indeed Rift is a game where everyone can play any role...but...a raid healed by a rogue will fail compared to raid healed by a cleric...
    Do u want more ? A cleric heals better does comparable or better dps...

We discuss here changes to ranger...
    We should all understand u agree with them and accept them ? DO u like them?
    If so...say it ... and bb...i don t like them...and i do not agree with them...
    I get the same parses and they go higher!

Soulwalker

yeah, silly strong. 600k dps st cleric. whats that, super-silly strong?
    you obviously are geared wrong or don't know how to play the class,

Soulwalker

Iv been playing rift since june of 2011. I started off as a cleric named kersplat somewere around 2013 trion screwed up clercs to the point i quit for a year then cMe back still u happy with clercis i switched to my alt zukzuk a rogue i primarily played assassin as my main and go to spec later switching it up to a more melee/ ranged spec 38/38 during starfall my friend set me up with the ranger spec bc i was having such a hard time levling up killing 2-3 mobs then stealthing tonget away or just dying i really enjoyed playing ranger in my 5 years playing rift i never touched the spec then they turned around and nerfed it... my level 65 damage output was only 30,000 dps diffrent then what im putting out now so i quit the game 5 days ago and have been playing other games ans realize im not as stressed out now i quit for good gave all my mats and plat away good luck to everyone else but iv had enough of trion stressing me out over a stupid game i wont be returning..

Zukzuk

<snip>
    Poisons are purgeable. Instincts are purgeable. Animalism last i saw, was purgeable. Thread of death, purgeable. Nearly every single buff the rogue class has, across all of the roles, are purgeable. MM's cannot use poison buffs off the sin class at all. It overwrites the mm buffs. Despite them being from a seperate role. Sab has no buffs of their own, aside from a toggle ability. Right?

There's 400k-600k dps clerics out there. 300k + dps mages, 300k+ dps warriors. And lets not forget primalists. Both for single targets and aoe's. And rangers hitting 200k - 240k dps in single targets... get nerfed. While the other classes that did get nerfed, are more than 2x or 3x what the rogue rangers are doing after the fact of being nerfed.. Seems fair yes.
    You're comparing one soul to entire classes, you are using the lowest dps class rogues have
    and you're expecting to match that of clerics using their top dps soul?

I get you want balance, everyone does - But do you know how hard it is to balance 51 souls (which is how many there are in total)? Nerfs happen, buffs happen - Its not an unknown concept thats being brought in with 4.0

Also it doesn't matter if ToD is purgeable the legendary is technically a passive now

my level 65 damage output was only 30,000 dps diffrent then what im putting out now so i quit the game 5 days ago and have been playing other games ans realize im not as stressed out now i quit for good gave all my mats and plat away good luck to everyone else but iv had enough of trion stressing me out over a stupid game i wont be returning..
    Thanks for taking the time to log into your forum account for the first time to let everyone know you will be leaving the game - You shall be missed
    Last edited by Maltie; 12-05-2016 at 08:21 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    You're comparing one soul to entire classes, you are using the lowest dps class rogues have and you're expecting to match that of clerics using their top dps soul?
    What's the top dps for rogues? Shadeborn? Still a far cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    You're comparing one soul to entire classes, you are using the lowest dps class rogues have
    and you're expecting to match that of clerics using their top dps soul?

I get you want balance, everyone does - But do you know how hard it is to balance 51 souls (which is how many there are in total)? Nerfs happen, buffs happen - Its not an unknown concept thats being brought in with 4.0
    The comparison is to show that a low dps soul, being nerfed to non-playable was insane. It was already low dps before the nerf, now it is non-playable.

While buffing other souls to over double the un-nerfed damage ranger was doing. Ranger dps is now to low to play. The point kind of being one of the lowest dps souls getting a hugh nerf, not a little , is just beyond believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarundi View Post
    The comparison is to show that a low dps soul, being nerfed to non-playable was insane. It was already low dps before the nerf, now it is non-playable.

While buffing other souls to over double the un-nerfed damage ranger was doing. Ranger dps is now to low to play. The point kind of being one of the lowest dps souls getting a hugh nerf, not a little , is just beyond believable.
    Pre-nerf ranger did like 220k dps on good rng (when you just hit 2k hit) - now its probably around 190-200k

I... dont see the issue
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

I'm disappointed. Way to take away the "fun" from a game. The thrill of being in the top 10 on the DPS meter for two weeks and then, bam! Why change from 15 sec to 10 sec, AND double the cooldown? One or the other, not both would have been enough. At least I finished the expansion before the nerf.
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

Quote Originally Posted by Tazendra View Post
    I'm disappointed. Way to take away the "fun" from a game. The thrill of being in the top 10 on the DPS meter for two weeks and then, bam! Why change from 15 sec to 10 sec, AND double the cooldown? One or the other, not both would have been enough. At least I finished the expansion before the nerf.

Protip: if you only join 5-10 man content, your dps will always be top 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast