+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree297Likes

Thread: Way to kill rangers.

Champion

There was no need to nerf Rangers in PvE let alone completely destroy it. I can only assume it was done to satisfy some PvP need. When this game launched I posted that trying to balance classes between pvp and pve was a fools mission and couldn't work. The only way to do it is to completely separate the two.

Add this to the elimination of Bard from 10 man raids and I get the feeling that the person who is making Rogue changes is an intern. Beastmaster can do for a 10 man what a Bard can but has a one button spec that can parse 200k easy. Why take a Bard?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
    There was no need to nerf Rangers in PvE let alone completely destroy it. I can only assume it was done to satisfy some PvP need. When this game launched I posted that trying to balance classes between pvp and pve was a fools mission and couldn't work. The only way to do it is to completely separate the two.

Add this to the elimination of Bard from 10 man raids and I get the feeling that the person who is making Rogue changes is an intern. Beastmaster can do for a 10 man what a Bard can but has a one button spec that can parse 200k easy. Why take a Bard?
    it didnt have any pvp need at all. the class wasnt OP. it was merely now being able to return fire every 30 seconds, as ive been saying. other roles/classes have much more damage than ranger (even before the nerf) and plenty of crowd control in their pockets. ranger 61 pts can do a very few things to get survivability. a few traits from other souls and thats that.
    it wouldnt be winning a fight against 4 or 5 other ppl if they knew what to do.

''charge and root. look how cute he fired animalism/feral aggression again. stun....deabilitate...oh hes trying to escape....snare....charge and root him again. dead.''

the only thing that was happening before this patch was simple. rangers could now hurt some ppl for good while those buffs were up. when the buffs were on cd, a hunter would have to fight without it, and in order to do so there are a many skills to use in order to keep their dps up. it was not about wait for animalism and feral aggression and sit while they are on cd. even doing everything right, the damage wasnt that big as to allow a ranger to just walk into the enemy base and turn it into a slaughterhouse.
    this is about a role which was the only decent one to run solo content (if they dont have soul packs) and do it fast, as other roles do. now you can barely close a rift with a L70 ranger in gedlo badlands if you are on your own, while many others have no problem. im trying to understand the thoughts of the other ppl in this thread, but as i can see it, this nerf wasnt necessary. we are not talking about a class that was even in the same picture as others before this nerf. it was way below and thats what hurt them. oh no i was killed by a 1 button spec. it wasnt a 1 button spec. the solution being presented to the problem by many in here is ''learn a new role'' instead of a ''devs, pls fix the problem in a decent manner''. the weight goes to the player (who has to buy and learn new souls then, despite liking the ones he/she has and THAT IS THE POINT), not to the devs who caused the lack of balance and should fix it. thats the solution? is that really a solution? with all the options this game could have, i see all these guys going out there looking for the same guides, to play the same builds with a little difference in traits here and there. same rotations macroed in 4 or 5 buttons...not much more than 1 button...this small number of options is what they offer as a solution. asking for more options for your class is wrong. learn a new role, one of the few, they say...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Oldar View Post
    Do not worry AND Do not despair fellow Telarians!

All of these changes were meant to happen! Do you thing Rangers will be the only nerfing example? Wait to see the other classes's nerfs...

After that, all the classes will have the opportunity to reverse these changes with the next DLC Soul Pack called THE REVERSER available for one class only for 19,99 USD/EURO OR for all the classes in the game for 69,99 USD/EURO!

Job done here! SFP Best Expansion Ever and by far the most profitable !!!
    I doubt any nerf took a spec down to barely higher than Lv65 dps.
    You can macro 3 assassin skills on 1 key and don't use any finisher and do higher dps.

Reaver after nerf does more than double the dps of a ranger. Let that sink in a bit.

Trion made it pretty clear that Ranger was never meant to be a viable Raid or PvP spec for reasons known only to them. What is bad why even offer a Ranger soul. The pet doesn't hold aggro it is impossible now to close a Rift while using it and it takes 3 minutes to kill a single mob now. So now it is not even a solo/leveling spec anymore. Perfect!

It is called rollercoaster balancing. Rogue actually use to totally suck at one point when it came to range. Meaning they had barely competitive range spec and there was this thing called bloodseeker or NB/SIN. They are probably going back to more up and down balancing meaning you will have to learn to play the class more fully in order to compete. That means you have to learn MM and SB and maybe in another 6 months ranger or Sin.. etc. etc. or even you will totally suck with one type of dps like melee or range but your healing will be best or your support would be required etc. That is actually how it should have been in NT but they showed rogue an unusual amount of favoritism/disregard in that expansion while doing exactly what i said with the other classes excluding primalist. Rift was never the type of game where you as a player could say I want to play 1/12 of what a class offers and be competitive forever.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 12-03-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Plane Walker

You want to see something hilarious?

Queue for a random Planar IA. A good portion of DPS are still using Ranger and Reaver and just wondering why the rifts are taking three times longer to close.

It is quite noticeable.

Shadowlander

I have to say that this change absolutely stunned me. I have not once since xpac hit even remotely thought ranger was too strong. Their aoe is horrible, their st was good at best, and i thought they were at a good head to head with marksman... Either way they do less than shadeborn which can destroy 1 thing for hmm 370kish nearing max gear from experts or upwards of 400k+ to 2 things. I get that they are strong melee without cleave but ranger was already vastly behind lol. Or look at blade dancer, ive seen upwards of 2 mil with 1.2mil sustained and thats got 30m range on it and its not like sab where you need to use 3 gcd to frag a target and HOPE it doesnt die before you detonate or thats all a huge waste (Not to mention sab also does much less dps). Their st isnt the best but man if Trion wanted to nurf something roguie it surely shouldnt of been ranger (just my opinion they were already hardly played since xpac).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    You want to see something hilarious?

Queue for a random Planar IA. A good portion of DPS are still using Ranger and Reaver and just wondering why the rifts are taking three times longer to close.

It is quite noticeable.
    Reaver is still viable. Ranger isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldar View Post
    Do not worry AND Do not despair fellow Telarians!

All of these changes were meant to happen! Do you thing Rangers will be the only nerfing example? Wait to see the other classes's nerfs...

After that, all the classes will have the opportunity to reverse these changes with the next DLC Soul Pack called THE REVERSER available for one class only for 19,99 USD/EURO OR for all the classes in the game for 69,99 USD/EURO!

Job done here! SFP Best Expansion Ever and by far the most profitable !!!
    I really doubt that its very profitable given the amount of fraud that happened early on.
    Doveblack@laethys(cleric) Blackdovey@laethys(rogue) Blackdovie@laethys(mage)

Guild: Doves

Shadowlander

First the OP nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillor View Post
    Trion made it pretty clear that Ranger was never meant to be a viable Raid or PvP spec for reasons known only to them...
    I recall hearing something about this awhile ago, I believe it now. I also recall about six to eight months ago, Ranger received a buff that made them viable in PvP and possibly Raid settings and the Nerf bat came out faster than you can blink when the PvP community complained.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillor View Post
    What is bad why even offer a Ranger soul. The pet doesn't hold aggro it is impossible now to close a Rift while using it and it takes 3 minutes to kill a single mob now. So now it is not even a solo/leveling spec anymore. Perfect!
    Absolutely true.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Reaver is still viable. Ranger isn't.
    I bow to a wonderful non sequitur in regard to the cumulative impact of recent nerfs on the TTK of world content and a powerful rejection of an assertion of equivalency that I did not make.

I asked about ranger as i said last night, CC said they are gonna buff it by nerfing other specs but its gonna be a 6 month plan lol, kai thanks.
    Take 30 seconds to watch if you weren't there at the time already.
    https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/v/...26?sr=a&t=2869

Just hop to 47:30 and watch for a minute if the link doesnt take you there, bit buggy apparently.
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 12-03-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    I asked about ranger as i said last night, CC said they are gonna buff it by nerfing other specs but its gonna be a 6 month plan lol, kai thanks.

Just hop to 47:30 and watch for a minute if the link doesn't take you there, bit buggy apparently.
    I did Indeed watch as you suggested and the Devs did say they are gonna buff Rangers by nerfing other specs (btw, the discussion that followed seemed to indicate that buff by nerfing others statement was said in jest). However assuming the statement is true I submit IMHO it is a ridiculous statement, that would not be a buff by any stretch of the imagination.

But the part that made me ROFLOL, was the claim by Nick McDowell and his Vlad-puppet, was that Rangers were "So Amazing that they were breaking the fabric of reality with their arrows..." and that it is "a balance question...and want to keep it competitive and if they (Rangers) over perform than we have to tune it down..."

So I ask you how was the Ranger unbalanced? I for one never observed Rangers "over performing"!
    Last edited by Wylf; 12-03-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Telaran

Just hop to 47:30 and watch for a minute if the link doesnt take you there, bit buggy apparently.
    just dissapointed...
    Last edited by Amael37; 12-03-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Thank you for linking. Every reason not to spend money on Rift on full display with glee, the Ranger reply - everything wrong with their approach to the game summarized in 20 seconds, unreal.
    Excise <The Fallen Sons>
    Mrfu <The Fallen Sons>
    Brutalsin <The Fallen Sons>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast