+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree297Likes

Thread: Way to kill rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by mg83 View Post
    it wasnt even doing that great in pvp at all. at best you could have some decent duels then, as the ranger soul finally had the dps to counter the loads of crowd control and self healing everyone else does. if anything they were crying bc now they had to actually fight to kill a ranger. and it wasnt a 1 button spec at all. NOT AT ALL. or do they think that a ranger would sit and do nothing during the time animalism/feral aggression was on cd? ppl dont stop attacking you bc your buffs are currently unavailable and some ppl wouldt die during the time the buffs were up. there are healers out there ppl. plus the lack of surivability on ranger (even with extra armor and curative engine from tact which was what i was doing) didnt mean you couldnt get killed by your target. you could still be deabilitated, rooted and stunned. you would still take the insane damage that melee classes out there can put out. only thing that was good was that one could hurt for good in return, while using ranger. the ppl crying about it were the ones who do not know how to hold their CCs till the right moment.
    Pretty true enough on about the animalism being on cd talk and other stuff, but usually on pvp, when i see im getting some spike damage i just use this
    #show diffuse
    Cast hasten call
    Cast call: razorbeast
    Cast diffuse
    Usually saved my *** fine enough till i could either cu the attacker off or run away,
    Its all a joke now tho.

Soulwalker

For starters, yes I know. I talk alot, and make big posts. But sometimes its kinda required to get peoples attention, and start them down the path that makes them think about it. With that in mind, my foremost apologies for the long-windedness of my posts.

Yes I love playing ranger. Its my main rogue role. The reason I play it, despite it being what many call under powered, back in nightmare tide. Was for pvp purposes. Many of you know me by a different name, and I can't post messages with that account on here, simply because it was banned and its ban expiration date is never. I like the challenge of winning against superior opponents, with the dedication that I had put into making the ranger I played, good.

I should not need to be playing a new role, in the latest dlc because i don't care about being top dps, or feeding any ego that i may develop with statistical numbers. I can get the job done, and that's what matters. Not.. being the best at it, not because i can get it done faster with a better role. But that i can get it done with the worst role out there, and still *Show up* other better roles. By out performing them. Get it yet?

As i was one of the few, good (not great) rangers in the game, who didn't mind dying. Let alone, chasing people back to their respawn with my pet raptor nipping at their heels (Squeak). Its always a good feeling, to kill a more powerful enemy... With a weaker class. I cannot recall one time throughout my entire time on rift, when someone had bothered to say: Try this with your combo, it may yield some suprising results. I myself, have even taken the time to try and help out fellow rangers, so we could get people to actually notice our potential within the game and not just say, oh damn, we got us another craptastic ranger in our group. Kick em out. Put him on your ignore list too, its just a ranger.

Even though my dps wasn't great, it wasn't bad either.

This is a expansion, there's new gear, stats are alot higher, crit rate and crit power are down because even though we bought the expansion, its not a complete one. Still more coming.

For the life of me, I simply cannot comprehend the extent to which they have nerfed the one legendary, without knowing how much it'd reduce the dps. This particular legendary put us on par with most of the dps classes that were not excessively overpowered. Even with a respec to put the legendary point into another trait / ability, the cost of reverting put me back to NT dps range. At level 70 with all these stats, should not equate to a 32k dps increase. The numbers simply do not add up. If there is some sort of hidden penalty you dev's put in years ago towards this particulate role, perhaps you should remove it before u go expanding or nerfing a class that's back to a broken state.

Pre expansion 65 raid 3 gear 85k dps / **Expansion 117k dps 70 expert gear.**
    2200-4100 damage bow / **3583-6655 damage bow.**
    14k attack power / **25k attack power**
    50% phy crit, 50% crit power / ** 39% phy crit, 30% crit power**
    12k dex around 7k str / **20k dex, 13k str**

Pardon my use of the / and * symbols to seperate em. Tried to use spaces but it removes extra's it seems.

Essences and fragments are moot, because their values are added into the stats above.

I changed spec to a sin, and guess what. I got 1 macro, for my builder and its doing 180k dps. Constantly. I actually LOSE dps, using a finisher on my assassin build. Why, because this macro here below, is typically doing between 140k and 360k with all the crits it pumps out with my gear. which is 1.5x what my ranger is doing without the animalism legendary. I'm mashing one button. But at least now i can finish my dailys in a fairly timely manner, working on my reps. Hate playing assassins, prefer to kill em. And yes, I don't like macros because I find they ruin the game. Takes the fun outta winning pvp fights, and 1 button mashing isn't fun at all in game. How many of you have sore finger syndrome? Anyways, here's the crazy macro i just put together without thinking, Yes its a dps loss.

#show backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast backstab
    cast assassinate
    cast serpent strike
    Last edited by OldFart91; 12-02-2016 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Revised.

Shadowlander

again on the ''one button'' subject: if that was the issue, then yeah i agree with some other ppl. rework the soul but make it work. make it complex if it has to be then. find options. but dont blindly throw a nerf, or a buff on a class like you did this time. play it for a chance. yeah devs. play it! have some duels among yourselves. have some target pratice against dummies and check the results. just bc an idea for a trait sounds good, or seems to solve a problem with a class being too OP or too simple, it doesnt mean it is a good idea. looks amazing in the tooltip, but not always in the dps meter. and, learning a new build is not the point here. the point is that this role had some adepts. ppl who liked it and wanted to play it. to those using the builds with the current highest dps in their classes, telling ppl they should ''abandon'' the conventional, popular, super casual builds and learn something else....really? are you really talking about conventional, super casual? you playing the limited number of roles that trion gives you among all the options it could give? oh yeah their 300k extra dps means they are skilled...dont fool yourselves. this game is all about reading the tooltips, getting within the correct range and using the skills in a certain order. nothing else. as long as you are facing your target you will hit him, no matter how many times it jumps. and mobs do not jump. so you only need to get into position. your extra 300k dps is nothing but lack of balance.

You're losing dps because you're using that macro

#show backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast backstab
    cast assassinate
    cast serpent strike
    This, just - no
    Last edited by Maltie; 12-02-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Quote Originally Posted by mg83 View Post
    again on the ''one button'' subject: if that was the issue, then yeah i agree with some other ppl. rework the soul but make it work. make it complex if it has to be then. find options. but dont blindly throw a nerf, or a buff on a class like you did this time. play it for a chance. yeah devs. play it! have some duels among yourselves. have some target pratice against dummies and check the results. just bc an idea for a trait sounds good, or seems to solve a problem with a class being too OP or too simple, it doesnt mean it is a good idea. looks amazing in the tooltip, but not always in the dps meter. and, learning a new build is not the point here. the point is that this role had some adepts. ppl who liked it and wanted to play it. to those using the builds with the current highest dps in their classes, telling ppl they should ''abandon'' the conventional, popular, super casual builds and learn something else....really? are you really talking about conventional, super casual? you playing the limited number of roles that trion gives you among all the options it could give? oh yeah their 300k extra dps means they are skilled...dont fool yourselves. this game is all about reading the tooltips, getting within the correct range and using the skills in a certain order. nothing else. as long as you are facing your target you will hit him, no matter how many times it jumps. and mobs do not jump. so you only need to get into position. your extra 300k dps is nothing but lack of balance.
    The majority of the time Trion either over buffs or over nerfs. That's something that has been seen in all classes and consistently. Proper balance requires a large amount of resources, something Trion clearly lacks.

Personally, I had ~22 specs that I consistently played at the end of NT. So while I choose to play whatever spec is best (because I enjoy both competitive pvp and high end raiding), I also don't sacrifice diversity. Just because we choose the best spec for the situation doesn't mean it's the only spec we choose because there are plenty of situations. There isn't a single soul I don't play (though I do have to say it's been awhile since Nightblade got some attention from me). And I haven't seen anyone say that players should just play a different spec as a solution nor would I say it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Jokingly asked the devs on livestream "why the whying why do you guys hate ranger so much"
    And yeah since it was a lore stream i didnt get the best answer #lol

CapC said "we hate ranger? Wat? We love it so much it was tearing the fabrics of reality apart!"
    Or something like that, yeah it was tearing the fabrics apart with an op not even 200k dps :3
    Gota remember not to ask on a lore stream next time >.>

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    The majority of the time Trion either over buffs or over nerfs. That's something that has been seen in all classes and consistently. Proper balance requires a large amount of resources, something Trion clearly lacks.

Personally, I had ~22 specs that I consistently played at the end of NT. So while I choose to play whatever spec is best (because I enjoy both competitive pvp and high end raiding), I also don't sacrifice diversity. Just because we choose the best spec for the situation doesn't mean it's the only spec we choose because there are plenty of situations. There isn't a single soul I don't play (though I do have to say it's been awhile since Nightblade got some attention from me). And I haven't seen anyone say that players should just play a different spec as a solution nor would I say it myself.
    that wasnt at you m8. i guess everyone has the right to chose what gives the best results, but shaming others like some did (not your case for all i got) isnt the best way to approach in a debate such as this.
    maybe trion lacks the resources. i suspect that is right and with so many souls and combinations we can make, it wouldnt be easy for them. but have a pair of devs, sit down and test the changes a few hours during a week before something like this is made wouldnt hurt the company. i doubt that even that was done. i might be wrong, but this dps loss would be impossible to miss if someone had played the class for about 10 minutes. would be enough to notice the issue.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    You're losing dps because you're using that macro

This, just - no
    Thats the point!!!

Even with that craptastic macro, its outdoing all the dps rangers can put out by quite alot.

Get it yet? Its "Lame" that even having to use such a macro, is outdps'n my ranger spec atm. Sad but true.

Rift Disciple

Cool Devs if you are reading this

Please consider making the following changes to ranger.

A) Legendary Animalism is at 30 seconds cd, 10 seconds active time with the combo.

B) Legendary Animalism becomes passive, with a 20% boost.

C) 6 seconds of casting without any combo points being used, 15 seconds of being returned 3 combo points. 30 second cd.

D) Becomes a toggled ability where your ally becomes your pet. So skills that benefit your traditional pet would be triggered on the tank, and stuff. Which would be f**king hilarious, and would probably make rangers more fun to play in nte's. Plus might be closer to the word animalism directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimso View Post
    well no matter how we put it and how we feel cheated.

in the history of most mmo games they will not back track and admit it was an over adjustment and completely broke the class they will keep it as is and hope people forget and move on and maybe next expac they will adjust the class and make it viable again or not.

maybe its time they separate pvp and pve skills onto there own tables so this doesn't screw any other souls over.

but for me Ranger is the 1 class i enjoyed and the only class i played and i wont be going through the same criticism i got in NTE with the ranger i will be saving my for the upcoming games next year.

thank you for the fun and Good Luck getting Trion to reverse their decision.
    By nerfing it they have admitted they made a mistake.

They needed to fine tune, not reduce DPS bt 1/3 or 1/2.
    Doveblack@laethys(cleric) Blackdovey@laethys(rogue) Blackdovie@laethys(mage)

Guild: Doves

Soulwalker

I really enjoyed playing rift, and the only reason i got to stay here now, is because of one other person online. If/when they leave, i'll be leaving too. Never spending anything else on this game again, and i'd advise anyone considering the expansion purchase. To wait at least a few months so they can see how things pan out before making any rash decision on purchasing it. I bought 2 other people the expansion. Had I of known it would have turned out like it has now,. i would have saved my $ and kept it out of trions pocket. This expansions complete crap.

Its like, they want this game to die off.

No gear for credits. Patron weekly chest = crap. Crafting broken. Pve too easy. Expert dungeons are just straight line, go here, kill boss / tank and spank, very few mechanics to make any of the fights worthwhile. Most roles are 1 button mashers now. Lost any complexity to the game, everything's macro this, macro that.. Nothing in store to buy with creds except patron and cosmetic stuff really. Runecrafting and dreamweaver got nerfed for utility. You can get all the 250 hit gear and 500 hit wpns, out of pve dailys in each zone. No need for any crafted gear. No need to craft anything now, except perhaps just getting enough skill to make the amenders and enhancement stuff. That aside, don't bother. The crafting mark recipes, well. Lets just say, don't waste your time on them. About the only ones that might be worth anything is the earring recipes, and probably not for long.

Dev's didn't appear to take any time, to actually test out the expansion for the month they had it in beta, or was it 2 weeks? They could have spent 2-3 mins, parsing each role, on target dummys and seen what they were capable of, with current max gear which was released when the game went live. But did they, no. Biggest issue right there. Failure to balance anything. Just: Does it work, yup. Done. Onto next task.

Sorry dev's, I know you all get the blunt end of the stick alot. But you really dropped the ball on this one. I've seen alot of failed expansions, but I can't seem to recall any of em ever being this bad, even the wow ones. Updates since launch haven't fixed much of anything. The crafting recipes increase of stats, were minor and didn't affect their actual use at all. One aspect of the game for casuals has no draw for them now. We got client crashs during pve boss fights, including ia's. That's part of the 64 bit code, yet to be run down and squashed. Considering the frequency I have been getting it at, while doing zone events and ia's. You folks should have seen this multiple times, and addressed it first above anything else. After all, if they can't stay online to play your game, what's going to make them buy anything. The client keeps crashing, their going to go look for something else. Didn't have this problem before the launch at all, yet it suddenly starts up after the launch.

Then there's the pvp, holy hell batman. Not only is it so out of whack when it comes to the damage ranges some roles have, but others are nothing but free food walking around. Doesn't matter how much they fight, no one can compare to 1 guy who was going around dishing 5x what other avg players are. This surely would have been evident from day one in the beta. There's no way that such players, dishing 90k crits, or more, could hide that kind of information if you had been watching them pvp. Or even had some form of dps meter, to watch them all. And given that damage in pvp is reduced by 96%, their doing 90k crits which is 4% of their actual damage, what's 24x that, 90k in 1 tick, means they just fired out what, about 2.2 mil damage in the first second of their 3 second long burst?

Its one thing to be ignorant, its another to be incompetent. Sorry to say it, truly am. But this is by far the worst expansion i've ever seen in the last 16 years of my online mmo gaming. And i've seen alot of mmo's over those 16 years.

So if ranger wasn't nerfed, you would still play? As if those issues you listed somehow didn't exist a week ago? lol
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Nah serious though rogues are in a decent place atm I dont know what all the fuss is about, sure Ranger wasn't op and why it got nerfed we have no idea, but its not the only soul we have... its not like ranger wasnt absolute trash all through NMT, ranger has almost *always* been lower than MM, I think it was below BD for ST in NMT too (and it is now too) but you didnt whine then

Have people just got too lazy that they can't learn more than one spec nowadays? Idk... people seem to have this "I like this spec so i dont need to learn anything else" mentality, which is great, if you like a spec then play it, im not going to stop you - But don't expect to be invited to current content (when we get some, lets not count dungeons cause you don't exactly need dps for this content) if you aren't going to pull your own weight.

Personally I hated assborn in NMT, it was boring to play and I didnt have fun playing it, did that mean I should whine about it and play a sub-optimal spec? No, because holding back your raid team is a ******bag thing to do, even in "casual" guilds its not hard to spent 30 minutes in front of a dummy learning a spec (because thats all it takes to learn it at a semi-competent level)

Yes, your spec has been nerfed, yes - it sucks, but don't sit and whine about something that isnt going to be changed for a long time

Last edited by Maltie; 12-02-2016 at 11:27 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post

Nah serious though rogues are in a decent place atm I dont know what all the fuss is about, sure Ranger wasn't op and why it got nerfed we have no idea, but its not the only soul we have... its not like ranger wasnt absolute trash all through NMT, ranger has almost *always* been lower than MM, I think it was below BD for ST in NMT too (and it is now too) but you didnt whine then

Have people just got too lazy that they can't learn more than one spec nowadays? Idk... people seem to have this "I like this spec so i dont need to learn anything else" mentality, which is great, if you like a spec then play it, im not going to stop you - But don't expect to be invited to current content (when we get some, lets not count dungeons cause you don't exactly need dps for this content) if you aren't going to pull your own weight.

Personally I hated assborn in NMT, it was boring to play and I didnt have fun playing it, did that mean I should whine about it and play a sub-optimal spec? No, because holding back your raid team is a ******bag thing to do, even in "casual" guilds its not hard to spent 30 minutes in front of a dummy learning a spec (because thats all it takes to learn it at a semi-competent level)

Yes, your spec has been nerfed, yes - it sucks, but don't sit and whine about something that isnt going to be changed for a long time

well if they nerf with qq why not buff with qq too

I dont hold the team back since if i feel like im doing so i just offer to go heal/tank or just leave since my only dps spec on rogue is ranger and can do some other stuffs

Still i has the rights to whine about my favourite spec going down to ashes pls
    If i want a dps spec I'll switch to my #Promalist
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 12-02-2016 at 11:43 PM.

Default No Worries!!!

Do not worry AND Do not despair fellow Telarians!

All of these changes were meant to happen! Do you thing Rangers will be the only nerfing example? Wait to see the other classes's nerfs...

After that, all the classes will have the opportunity to reverse these changes with the next DLC Soul Pack called THE REVERSER available for one class only for 19,99 USD/EURO OR for all the classes in the game for 69,99 USD/EURO!

Job done here! SFP Best Expansion Ever and by far the most profitable !!!
    Last edited by Oldar; 12-02-2016 at 11:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast