+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slipmat

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: BUGGED: Tale of Scarlet Night Daily Quest

Default BUGGED: Tale of Scarlet Night Daily Quest

Two days in a row I've tried to do the Tale of Scarlet Night in Gedlo Badlands. The first time I thought I did something wrong, but today I have the same issue when I was even more careful this time around.

Once I am instructed to use the Dragonslayer Ballista, Garn isn't there to target...at least not visually. Yesterday, I ejected myself from the Ballista, which was a mistake. I couldn't get back on it (sparkles went away). i tried logging, abandoning, etc. Nothing worked.

Today, I figured out that Garn is actually there, I just can't see him. I hovered my cursor all around and actually got the attack symbol, so I targeted him and then shot the Ballista. I was able to progress forward after that.

I wanted to post this information in case it would be useful to anyone else having trouble with this daily.
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Out of Bounds | Zea`Lynn the Emerald Feend | Matter of Life & Death

Yeah just /tar Garn should work
    Serale@Faeblight

Telaran

happened to me too. Garn was right at the back of the map and hadn't come forward into the area. I left and cancelled the quest but it wasn't for a few hours that it cleared and I was able to finish it. I also ejected from the canon before he showed up.

Soulwalker

This just happened to me today. I ejected from the Dragonslayer Ballista before Garn was showing, now I cannot get back in the Dragonslayer Ballista, sparkles are gone. Abandoned the quest but restarting takes me back to the same point and I cannot enter the Dragonslayer Ballista. I will try waiting a few hours for it to reset.

It depends on the game settings: Object distance

With high settings I'm able to see Garn and with low setting I don't see him anymore but even when I can't see him it can still be targeted and attacked with balista.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

Plane Walker

Even at max setttings you can't always see him.

Above reccomendation holds:

type:

/tar garn

OR

Target him before you get into the balista

Definitely bugged, but doable with workarounds.
    Last edited by Rhumble; 12-13-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    Even at max setttings you can't always see him.

The problem is that the distance is calculated from the camera position and not the character position, which means if you have camera 2 far away from your character and looking towards the dragon you probably won't be able to see him.
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

I run this daily every day and Garn will usually hover at ~60m but the odd time he will go over 100-120m plus, might cause an issue as some people have said if your object distance is a bit low.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    The problem is that the distance is calculated from the camera position and not the character position, which means if you have camera 2 far away from your character and looking towards the dragon you probably won't be able to see him.
    That's not true, I've scrolled my camera all the way up before when it was occurring and still was unable to see Garn.

I actually think this has more to do with Garn on some occasions not moving up. I've noticed, sometimes he stays clear back at the camp, other times he moves forward a bit.

EDIT: and i notice the person just below you, posted screeenshots of exactly what I was seeing.
    Last edited by Rhumble; 12-13-2016 at 01:48 PM.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

I see what trouble Garn gets into when unsupervised. I will have a little talk with him...

Thanks for the the reports on this everyone. I'm going to look into this today and try to get this fixed for the next patch.

Shield of Telara

Icarus, can you poke Garn again? Half the time he's too chicken to show up at 25% for his final beat down. Maybe Dev can put a "summon Garn" button into the instance while Dev looks into why this isn't working? I tried three times this evening and it bugged out at the same point every time. Kindof annoying.

Shield of Telara

I found another one: now Garn refuses to fly up into the air at 25% and spawn the 12 guys I have to kill. Crafty bugger! Maybe Dev can ad a "get lost Garn" button?

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    I found another one: now Garn refuses to fly up into the air at 25% and spawn the 12 guys I have to kill. Crafty bugger! Maybe Dev can ad a "get lost Garn" button?
    I've had this happen a couple of times as well. I'm not sure what's happening any different than any other time though, everything's going along as planned, but occasionally he just doesn't fly off at 25%.
    Pandascrub / Pandatoes / Pandapants / Pandagrowl / Pandalicious @Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread