+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Commendation of Renown

Telaran

Default Commendation of Renown

When can we expect to get an NPC where we can switch our Commendations of Renown for Notoriety?
    We already have one for Marks of Notoriety, but i still have a few CoRīs left from the first few days of instant adventure before it was shut off.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

For new notoriety? Not for a bit. The Commendations are still, of course, usable for the older factions, but would be a bypass a fair bit of normal path of earning notoriety if was available at the start of SFP prophecy due to many people coming in with stockpiles of the marks.

Telaran

i understand, thank you for your response.

Telaran

Which seems pointless as the marks can be farmed so even if people have stacks upon stacks it doesnt matter. You are going to cap them one way or another and forcing them to grind isn't cool. Think of one thing in this expansion that does not involve grind. You know its bs when even crafting turns into a grind.

EDIT: On second thought why not add the vendor and put a cap on the daily use to something like 8 uses? You can still controll the rep to some extent and it will ease the grind.
    Last edited by DarkBladeNemo; 11-22-2016 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBladeNemo View Post
    Which seems pointless as the marks can be farmed so even if people have stacks upon stacks it doesnt matter. You are going to cap them one way or another and forcing them to grind isn't cool. Think of one thing in this expansion that does not involve grind. You know its bs when even crafting turns into a grind.

EDIT: On second thought why not add the vendor and put a cap on the daily use to something like 8 uses? You can still controll the rep to some extent and it will ease the grind.
    The NPC was a Daily Quest type affair, no?
    Mortelugo - Mortified - Mortification - Morteria - Morterion | Immortal Tyrants @ Gelidra EU

Ral
    Rift Master

The turn in for Marks of Notoriety is a daily. The turn in for Commendations of Renown is merely repeatable and not limited in any way beyond the limit of the actual items in inventory (which can be cleverly circumvented).

Can't check right now - I don't suppose the turn ins include Shal Korva? That's the only pre-expansion rep that I never did max out. #slacking

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Can't check right now - I don't suppose the turn ins include Shal Korva? That's the only pre-expansion rep that I never did max out. #slacking
    I totally meant to do that when I added the Shal Korva faction to Minions, but it slipped my mind - look for it in NEXT week's hotfix.

Could you also add PvP factions as well? They are not relevant to current game play, and with the 4.0 changes to warfront availability, some of them would be very difficult to grind out (such as Port Scion, which is Eldritch Vanguard offhand I think).
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Could you also add PvP factions as well? They are not relevant to current game play, and with the 4.0 changes to warfront availability, some of them would be very difficult to grind out (such as Port Scion, which is Eldritch Vanguard offhand I think).
    THIS! trion pls! I beg you. It's really hard to get that rep max out. Seriously, the repeatable quests only give like what, 50 rep? Not to mention Port Scion is rare, because it's a huge map and it requires a lot of players. Edit: I forgot one more thing; doing repeatables quests can be difficult especially when you're in pvp map. <shrugs>

I don't mind Port Scion being the only pvp rep option. I already have others maxxed out.
    Last edited by Ailell; 11-22-2016 at 01:25 PM.
    Nereius@Faeblight

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    I support this, pvp factions are bothering me for a while now... x)

Telaran

necroing on purpose

are the turn-ins for commendations of renown being discontinued? Or is there anything coming?
    As usual, any Information would be helpful.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    For new notoriety? Not for a bit. The Commendations are still, of course, usable for the older factions, but would be a bypass a fair bit of normal path of earning notoriety if was available at the start of SFP prophecy due to many people coming in with stockpiles of the marks.
    Expansion has been out for 8 months. I think that's plenty of time for it to not allow us to bypass much of anything except gearing scrubby alts and making it a bit easier for returning & new players. Maybe this should be put into the game? Can we haz dis nao pl0x?

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Expansion has been out for 8 months. I think that's plenty of time for it to not allow us to bypass much of anything except gearing scrubby alts and making it a bit easier for returning & new players. Maybe this should be put into the game? Can we haz dis nao pl0x?
    Not just for alts, tbh. Felibocan rep iirc only has two ways of farming it - via the daily chron (that gives like 250 per) and daily 5 rep tokens that give 600something rep. With no sfp rep in Affinity and the tiny random minion drops the rep grind is so slow I already kind of gave up on even trying to do it faster. There should be either more ways of farming certain reps or a vendor to help get it over with faster for people with alts or those not enjoying farming the same two things every day instead of doing something less boring :\
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Not just for alts, tbh. Felibocan rep iirc only has two ways of farming it - via the daily chron (that gives like 250 per) and daily 5 rep tokens that give 600something rep.
    there are at least 3 other dailies in felbocan that all give 250 each

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast