Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Artifact Minion Adventures returning DREAM RIBBONS???

Plane Touched

Default Artifact Minion Adventures returning DREAM RIBBONS???

The artifact minions in the 5/15 deck are suddenly returning dream ribbons instead of artifacts?? This happened only since the last update last night/this morning. I was so shocked the first time that I sent two more out to verify .. it doesn't matter the star results or anything else, it appears. They each returned 6 dream ribbons (all were 5 minute missions).

* The quantity of crafting materials rewarded by short Minion missions has been reduced.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-prophecy.html

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    * The quantity of crafting materials rewarded by short Minion missions has been reduced.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-prophecy.html
    Yes, but these aren't crafting mat missions, they are supposed to return artifacts just like the rep returns rep decrees and the dimension ones return dim junk. I'd understand if it returned dream ribbons for dim missions, maybe, since dream ribbons are used in crafting dimension stuff. But to return dream ribbons rather than artifacts seems to be a bit ridiculous.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Dream ribbons are the result of broken down artifacts.

This is intended.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Dream ribbons are the result of broken down artifacts.

This is intended.
    I realize what they come from .. but the price of dream ribbons themselves have already tanked completely in the last year due to all the artifacts available for breaking down. This is only going to further kill the prices. I still think that ARTIFACT missions should bring back ARTIFACTS, not things that result from breaking them down. It's hard enough to get artifact missions -- it seems that dim missions turn up at least twice as often as artifact missions to begin with -- what's the point of further watering things down?

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by KaterinaAmaranth View Post
    I realize what they come from .. but the price of dream ribbons themselves have already tanked completely in the last year due to all the artifacts available for breaking down. This is only going to further kill the prices.
    Actually the inverse of that. Most of these low level artifacts are being broken for ribbons already, so by rewarding ribbons (effectively a fraction of an artifact broken down for ribbons), then LESS ribbons enter the economy overall.

Plane Touched

Actually the inverse of that. Most of these low level artifacts are being broken for ribbons already, so by rewarding ribbons (effectively a fraction of an artifact broken down for ribbons), then LESS ribbons enter the economy overall.
    Given that it's giving out six (more than a green artifact can be broken for), I'm unconvinced of this as well. Not to mention the fact that those who do *not* have dreamweaving will dump small lots at largely reduced prices and drive the price even further down. I can see this happening in the AH on Faeblight already.

Edit: I just got another returned with 5 stars on a 5 minute mission and got a single dream ribbon. So even that appears to be random and may, in fact, reduce the supply somewhat.
    Last edited by KaterinaAmaranth; 11-20-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Those that needed dream ribbons could already make their own, and those that didn't could already sell artifacts they didn't need to be purchased by those that needed them for collection or wanted to convert them for crafting.

This seems like an unneeded change, unless the goal was to reduce the number of artifacts given out by the minion system, to perhaps reduce the number of those which may be available for players to purchase at the auction house, to perhaps make completing artifact sets with that method more difficult.

I have to say this change has a questionable feel to it.

What about all the other artifact missions, and why was this even changed?

I mean, shouldn't rest the decision of breaking down artifacts into dream ribbons in the hands of the players, and not just "happen"?

Will artifacts turn into ribbons, when we pick them up, after some patch in the future?
    Last edited by Schneeball; 11-20-2016 at 11:05 AM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by KaterinaAmaranth View Post
    Given that it's giving out six
    What is "it's"? If you are speaking of a low star result from an 8 hour mission, then those 6 ribbons replaced 5 artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    This seems like an unneeded change, unless the goal was to reduce the number of artifacts given out by the minion system
    Yes, a goal was to reduce the amount of items, of every category, returned by running 5/15s. Because those were WAY out of balance. They might STILL be over balanced. 4.0 has brought with it a lot of minion system rebalancing.

Yes, a goal was to reduce the amount of items, of every category, returned by running 5/15s. Because those were WAY out of balance. They might STILL be over balanced. 4.0 has brought with it a lot of minion system rebalancing.
    Every category other than dream ribbons? Heh.

Anyway, take care that the system isn't rebalanced into oblivion. Many have invested a good bit of money into the system, whether it be in purchased minions or mission slots. It would be good if those with reasonable expectations still feel the system adequate after adjustment.

Plane Touched

What is "it's"? If you are speaking of a low star result from an 8 hour mission, then those 6 ribbons replaced 5 artifacts.
    I specifically said that this happened on three five minute missions, the lowest return of which was 5 stars. I've since had a 5 minute mission with 5 stars return one dream ribbon and a 15 minute mission with 5 stars give me 2 dream ribbons.

That said, I agree. Breaking down items has ALWAYS been a choice. Returning ribbons instead of the artifacts themselves feels .. just wrong.

Ascendant

*snip* 4.0 has brought with it a lot of minion system rebalancing.
    Tacitus/Trion, due to the fact that many have invested quite a bit in their minions, the slots and such.... Why was it not mentioned anywhere that it simply is being totally overhauled...

I can't say if (and I definitely don't mean to say that) it's 'bad' or anything, as I don't closely monitor stuff or something, it's just that for instance I myself have several accounts with several alts as well as quite a few minions (and all slots), and for instance the event minions... with the comments during the last event running and your helpful explanations there (thanks for those) I can understand people feeling their investment it now 'down the drain' so to speak...

Now please know I don't mean to ask for the business model or all the changes in it .... I'm just wondering - there's quite a lot of changed directions lately, especially when we keep in mind earlier statements or 'promises' that were made in the past - if there could be a bit of information at least about things like these?

I've never seen more than 1 artifact return from a 5/15 minute mission. Most times it's actually something I need, sometimes not. When it's not, I send the item to my dreamweaver and break it.

That OPTION is pretty much all that's being taken away from the players, hence the saltiness. Taking away peoples' options is going to net absolutely nothing but negativity. Ribbons or Artifacts, if the item ends up on the AH, what does it ultimately matter and what is it hurting in the game directly?

I totally understand the quantity changes from missions for the longer ones and the ones that cost adventurine, but really, 5/15s never seemed unbalanced to me. I have all of my slots unlocked and have always used the short missions to actually level up the minions because the rewards were nominal at best.

The change will also make it a bit more difficult to get artifacts for my alts, as I would often give duplicates of whatever I had on my main to them.

Getting ribbons instead of artifacts will diminish that ability somewhat.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast