+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What's up with Crit Power, Runes, and Dream Orbs?

Soulwalker

Default What's up with Crit Power, Runes, and Dream Orbs?

I just turned 66 and bought/built a few level 66 items and was about to equip them when I realized that:

1) By slotting the new gloves, feet, neck, 2H, and ranged items I would lose 1058 Crit Power
    and the significant increases in Intelligence were mitigated by the fact that:
    2) I can't slot any Magnificent runes or Dream Orbs into any of them
    3) There are no new runes for anything but Legs, Seals, 1H, OH, 2H and no Dream Orbs
    for anything other than Helmet and Belt.
    4) The one for 2H only increases SP by 206 which is worth less than the 248 Intelligence
    from the Magnificent Twin-Rune of Intelligence. It might be worthwhile when it is fixed
    to give 412 SP; however,
    5) I lose 350 SP because I can't add the Pelagic Powerstones.
    6) The only way I have seen so far to get Crit Power is from Planar Essences and one rune
    for Seals (if and when I see a level 66+ seal).

So, is the idea now that we're supposed to grind for Planar Fragments and infuse them sufficiently to make up for the stats we lose by "upgrading" to level 66+ gear? And also to wait for the next release or two for you to flesh out the new Rune and Dream Orb crafting recipes?

Has anyone figured out how much additional Primary Stat plus SP/AP is equivalent to losing 1000 CP?

Plane Touched

I'm fairly sure my itemisation has gone to shash every time we went to a new Xpac. Please note all of the set crystals for the new XPac except tank have near 1000 crit power with 3 pieces, that will go some way to making up for the lack on your new gear - and yes over time you will hopefully get the fragments you want to get your cap back - much like holding out for a good drop with CP if that's what you needed I nightmare tide.
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theronos View Post
    I just turned 66 and bought/built a few level 66 items and was about to equip them when I realized that:
    Your summation of going from high end lvl 65 gear to lvl 66 SFP leveling gear is correct. Of course, the new style of gear and enhancements is focused on where you will be hitting level cap, not at the first step along the way.

It is entirely reasonable as a very well-geared 65 to not find switching to lvl 66 leveling gear an upgrade. By the time you reach 70, that is a different discussion.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 11-20-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default TOns of nerfing to equipment and crafted items

Quote Originally Posted by Theronos View Post

1) By slotting the new gloves, feet, neck, 2H, and ranged items I would lose 1058 Crit Power
    and the significant increases in Intelligence were mitigated by the fact that:
    2) I can't slot any Magnificent runes or Dream Orbs into any of them
    3) There are no new runes for anything but Legs, Seals, 1H, OH, 2H and no Dream Orbs
    for anything other than Helmet and Belt.
    4) The one for 2H only increases SP by 206 which is worth less than the 248 Intelligence
    from the Magnificent Twin-Rune of Intelligence. It might be worthwhile when it is fixed
    to give 412 SP; however,
    5) I lose 350 SP because I can't add the Pelagic Powerstones.
    6) The only way I have seen so far to get Crit Power is from Planar Essences and one rune
    for Seals (if and when I see a level 66+ seal).

So, is the idea now that we're supposed to grind for Planar Fragments and infuse them sufficiently to make up for the stats we lose by "upgrading" to level 66+ gear? And also to wait for the next release or two for you to flesh out the new Rune and Dream Orb crafting recipes?

Has anyone figured out how much additional Primary Stat plus SP/AP is equivalent to losing 1000 CP?
    I logged in (on my Win 7 machine since they still haven't fixed the Glyph XP crashing), trained my guys in their crafts, and took a look at the new recipes. Every one, but especially leather, is nerfed as to utility vs the old recipes (which now contain a level cap on the gear they can be applied to).

This "expansion" is a huge fail, and instead of improved items, we get worse junk than we had.

Extremely disappointing. I'm not even going to bother playing with this stuff.

Ral
    Rift Master

It should be noted the crit power curve changes on the way to 70 (as it has for all levels since it was introduced in SL). At 68 69, i noted that ~400cp = 2% increased damage on crits, so to get the soft cap of providing 40% you would need 8000 crit power at 68 69 (vs. the ~3000 we needed at 65).

I am not sure what it is at 70, but crit power is not worth even a minor loss in attack/spell power which has a fixed 0.2 damage multiplier throughout leveling so it never "loses" its raw value.

Also note that this damage increase is only on crits, so it has to be filtered through crit hit rate, which also suffers the same value decay.

I noticed this today as I was lamenting if I should replace some NT items, and realized what little crit power i have left was doing next to nothing for me anymore.
    Last edited by Ral; 11-20-2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: 68->69

Having gone from CP-capped T3 level 65 gear to 2000 hit level 70 gear, I've lost around 1000CP but I've also gone up around 7000AP. I'm sure the CP will come once I get some nicer fragments and start unlocking notoriety essences.

+ Reply to Thread