+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 4.0, star fail prophecy

Plane Touched

Default 4.0, star fail prophecy

- legendary powers are horrible. same "power" over and over again.
    - questing was awful, everyone really wants to waste their xp pots watching some ******ed rp.
    - client is even worse than before.
    - crafting is even less fun than ever before.
    - zones are ok i guess.
    - fragment system is absolute chaos and relies 100% on rng, who would not enjoy this. on the good side it gives nice way to customize your stats.
    - aventurine nerf in order to force people to use credits instead of stacking them is cheap shot.

9/10, can recommend.
    Last edited by Harski; 11-20-2016 at 04:31 AM.

Everybody i've spoken to is having a blast in the expansion.
    Myself included.
    [No longer an active player]

The expansion has SQUIRRELS loads of squirrels. What's not to love. Okay, planar fragments are a bit of a bummer with their cost to upgrade and the RNG, but hey I will live. Although I won't finish levelling or gearing until invasion packs are made killable and the price of crafted gear comes down as there's no real point if I can't farm the reps I need due to being too squishy.
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

Shadowlander

The expansion is great! BUT they should have done more effort so get things to work as intended before release. Broken main questline, rly?

Quote Originally Posted by Klosax View Post
    The expansion is great! BUT they should have done more effort so get things to work as intended before release. Broken main questline, rly?
    This made me chuckle.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

I expected legendary powers to be upgrades to regular ones, so I have no complaints over those. My client is much better than before, with much improved graphics and smoother operation. I haven't done any crafting yet, so no comment. I think the new zones are quite well done. Fragments, well, more stats are better than less. The adventurine change doesn't force anyone to do anything. Any purchase of credits is a choice based issue.

The only thing disappointing so far was the update being somewhat non-operative upon release, but they are actively working at getting it fixed. I will complain more about a lack of perfection when I myself have attained it.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    I expected legendary powers to be upgrades to regular ones, so I have no complaints over those. My client is much better than before, with much improved graphics and smoother operation. I haven't done any crafting yet, so no comment. I think the new zones are quite well done. Fragments, well, more stats are better than less. The adventurine change doesn't force anyone to do anything. Any purchase of credits is a choice based issue.

The only thing disappointing so far was the update being somewhat non-operative upon release, but they are actively working at getting it fixed. I will complain more about a lack of perfection when I myself have attained it.
    The official description for legendary powers was:
    "Legendary Powers are more powerful and more exciting versions of the abilities you are already familiar with. To put it simply, Legendary Powers makes your favorite abilities even better! Whether itís adding new effects, new mechanics, or simply powering up an ability to a whole new level, the Legendary version of a power amplifies your power!
    "
    I don't feel, for even a second, that what Trion delivered came even close to delivering upon this standard. In practice, it came out to be more of a random series of modifiers for abilities that were made without careful thought and planning.

In response to your comment about fragments, I would suggest that more stats has the POTENTIAL to be better. However, the sheer lack of quality that is provided by some of these stats, when compare to more desirable ones, ultimately leaves a convoluted mess of a system for gear. More is certainly less when more just additional obstacles to deal with.

And the rest of you remarks boil down to just stating that you disagree without offering any sort of reason, so I can't really address them.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteDonkies View Post
    The official description for legendary powers was:
    "Legendary Powers are more powerful and more exciting versions of the abilities you are already familiar with. To put it simply, Legendary Powers makes your favorite abilities even better! Whether itís adding new effects, new mechanics, or simply powering up an ability to a whole new level, the Legendary version of a power amplifies your power!
    "
    I don't feel, for even a second, that what Trion delivered came even close to delivering upon this standard. In practice, it came out to be more of a random series of modifiers for abilities that were made without careful thought and planning.

In response to your comment about fragments, I would suggest that more stats has the POTENTIAL to be better. However, the sheer lack of quality that is provided by some of these stats, when compare to more desirable ones, ultimately leaves a convoluted mess of a system for gear. More is certainly less when more just additional obstacles to deal with.

And the rest of you remarks boil down to just stating that you disagree without offering any sort of reason, so I can't really address them.
    As to whether legendary powers were well represented by their marketing description is a matter of personal opinion. I think they are fine, you don't. There really isn't anything else to say about it, as opinions aren't a matter of right or wrong. They simply are.

More stats are always better. X + 1 > X. That simply isn't debatable. However, the more stats could have been better than they are. This is just the introduction of the system, though, and the modular nature of it should help in making improvements as it matures.

As to whether legendary powers were well represented by their marketing description is a matter of personal opinion. I think they are fine, you don't. There really isn't anything else to say about it, as opinions aren't a matter of right or wrong. They simply are.

More stats are always better. X + 1 > X. That simply isn't debatable. However, the more stats could have been better than they are. This is just the introduction of the system, though, and the modular nature of it should help in making improvements as it matures.
    I'm fine to agree to disagree on the legendary powers, even if I think the system is a shadow of what it could and should have been.

However, the planar fragments system is, at it's core, an abomination. Sure, more stats means you're stronger in all cases. But were that system not in place, the content would be geared around not having them. The modular nature of the system is its main problem. The fact that it is modular is what allows an otherwise decent fragment to be gimped by undesirable stats. The modularness of it, coupled with the absurd RNG elements, is exactly what people are complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Harski View Post
    9/10, can recommend.
    Thanks, that's good to know. However, I'll wait for some more official reviews to come out before rendering my own verdict.
    Last edited by Letobrick; 11-20-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Rift Chaser

I haven't done any crafting yet, so no comment.
    Doesn't seem stop you from throwing your opinion into any crafting related thread.

somewhat non-operative
    I suspect that even Wikipedia would confirm that to be a massive understatement.

Crafting is much worse now... salvage is gone, those crafting resources chests (Tempest Bay) are gone, not to mention another nerf to the minions missions in the latest patch?

I really enjoyed upgrading my character during Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide with crafted items while leveling up slowly.
    But now it has become a real pain to even get enough crafting resources during several hours of gameplay for 1 or maybe 2 items.
    Perhaps it was too "easy" before to craft something usefull along the way, but now it's pretty much insane to get something done.

The drop rate for even some green items from regular mobs seems to have risen to some epic level now.

Or what about at least some equipment drops from those Void Drage Supply Crates?
    With SL or NMT you would at least get something from those other crates, but now... not even some random bound to account blue item.

And don't get me started on the EU shards...

About the client itself, i had to change the rendering to single core, and i might have to go back to the 32bit client too, it feels like they still have a lot of work to do on that end as well.

I bought the SFP Deluxe Edition and i have several months of patron time still left, i hope they come up with something better then just a few more Affinity Points for all the trouble and problems we are having with this addon...
    Last edited by Schneeball; 11-20-2016 at 11:32 AM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

*pushes button at the "scream-orchestra"*

I love this xpac. :3

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteDonkies View Post
    I'm fine to agree to disagree on the legendary powers, even if I think the system is a shadow of what it could and should have been.
    Anything could always be stronger. It is better to err on the side of weakness with a new system. If it turns out to be inadequate nobody will complain when it is buffed. If you first design it to be too good people will ***** like hell when you nerf it.

However, the planar fragments system is, at it's core, an abomination. Sure, more stats means you're stronger in all cases. But were that system not in place, the content would be geared around not having them. The modular nature of the system is its main problem. The fact that it is modular is what allows an otherwise decent fragment to be gimped by undesirable stats. The modularness of it, coupled with the absurd RNG elements, is exactly what people are complaining about.
    I don't see how modular nature of the system can be a problem. Such a system will lend itself much better to customization than a granular one. The RNG elements could be much more so, as excess in this area is always problematic. You are right in that content will be adjusted around it, so the system in place needs to be a good one.

It is something that Trion should view as a work in progress, monitoring whatever data they have available related to the system, and also player reaction to it over time, and then adjust the system as needed.

If the system does need to be more granular to be effective I don't have any problem with that, nor any other change they need to make. As a brand new system it was bound to need some adjustment, and that should easier now with more people using it than were likely on test.

Anything could always be stronger. It is better to err on the side of weakness with a new system. If it turns out to be inadequate nobody will complain when it is buffed. If you first design it to be too good people will ***** like hell when you nerf it.

I don't see how modular nature of the system can be a problem. Such a system will lend itself much better to customization than a granular one. The RNG elements could be much more so, as excess in this area is always problematic. You are right in that content will be adjusted around it, so the system in place needs to be a good one.

It is something that Trion should view as a work in progress, monitoring whatever data they have available related to the system, and also player reaction to it over time, and then adjust the system as needed.

If the system does need to be more granular to be effective I don't have any problem with that, nor any other change they need to make. As a brand new system it was bound to need some adjustment, and that should easier now with more people using it than were likely on test.
    At the end of the day, I'm a fierce advocate for more customization. But this system isn't offering that. What it is offering is a long-*** grind to find fragments that a player will be willing to settle on. The problem is that they're not giving you a choice of stats. Rather, they're giving you a long sequence of choices wherein you're trying to chose the least bad option. This isn't customization. It's grinding until you're bored enough to accept something less than what you really want.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast