+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: SFP worth it ?

Quote Originally Posted by karlxii View Post
    I take that back "waiting for a month" Iīm mainly pvp player and just played a few games now and I canīt do **** to these lv 70s so Iīm done with this game now *uninstalled* was good while it lasted, but this move was the last drop in the famous bucket for me
    Well off course you can't do **** to lvl 70 players. They have all legendary skills updated and you still don't. It's just common sense. Play the game a bit, lvl to 70 and you'll see the difference. There's open world PvP on Bloodiron from time to time to quench your thirst till 70.

Don't whine and just play the game lol

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    Ahhh, well, that's too bad. Good luck in finding another game to enjoy if you are still interested in doing so after this.
    theres plenty of them, already play eso but I`ll be looking to try black desert online now, I love Rift but this is the only way I can protest this move ! they want to force me to buy the expansion to enjoy pvp nah I ainīt your trusty little dog Trion bad move
    in game name: Vikingmetal , Member of Morbid Angels @ Gelidra,hit me up any time if you need an extra sword
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17592041&dateline=145  2743904

Quote Originally Posted by Malificarr View Post
    I think the whole MMO market is atrophying (or perhaps highly fragmenting) so I wouldn't have a clue how to boost player numbers for a given product other than appealing to a specific niche demographic.
    Had to quote this because it really resonated with me; these words because of my own experience from when I started gaming "way back" until now. The whole experience of finding a game (so many choices now!) and falling in love with it (feeling so jaded now) is just not the same at all but I'm with you, I have no clue how to boost it up again.

Nevertheless, back to the OP - Crazy enough to say but Yep, I'm enjoying the heck out of the new expansion and think people should dive in and have some fun with it.

Telaran

Is this really worth 40 euros ? I mean the new map seems really small compared to the previous ones, 40euros will buy me full game titles ! if I dish out 40 euros on this and itīs poor content it will sure be the end of my time in rift cause it will piss me off enough to quit . itīs not really about the money itīs about devs respecting their fans or not, Iīm red tier so I spent plenty already, Iīm sorry to say I find it a bit stupid also that this is not available for credits which would have been a good thing for economy selling rex`s on ah, which is a good way for us lazy people to get plats, seems the shrinking player-base will get even smaller with this move locking out people from buying the expansion with credits
    No better is wait a month or 2 many bugs, unbalance, not all ancounced Features ....

theres plenty of them, already play eso but I`ll be looking to try black desert online now, I love Rift but this is the only way I can protest this move ! they want to force me to buy the expansion to enjoy pvp nah I ainīt your trusty little dog Trion bad move
    I've heard some good things about ESO after their initial rough start, so at least you'll have that. I haven't heard as much positive about BDO, but you'll soon know first hand what you think of it.

It's unfortunate about Rift for you, but I did much the same when I left DCUO as I was unhappy with how they operated after switching to Daybreak Games. Sometimes company choices just drive that last nail into the coffin of a player's interest.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    I've heard some good things about ESO after their initial rough start, so at least you'll have that. I haven't heard as much positive about BDO, but you'll soon know first hand what you think of it.

It's unfortunate about Rift for you, but I did much the same when I left DCUO as I was unhappy with how they operated after switching to Daybreak Games. Sometimes company choices just drive that last nail into the coffin of a player's interest.
    thanks for the politeness mate , yeah Iīm kinda burned out regarding Rift maybe a break is needed, itīs a good game and I do wish for it to continue and be around a long time but at this point I just find myself frustrated and irretated with it
    in game name: Vikingmetal , Member of Morbid Angels @ Gelidra,hit me up any time if you need an extra sword
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17592041&dateline=145  2743904

No, it's not. This is my opinion obviously but a company that pushes an expansion with half of it's features broken, other older systems that also break on launch day, an entire half a zone not released, no raid, no new world content, and only 2 dungeons isn't worth it.

It's one thing if the team is small and they're taking a while to produce content but it's quality content and decently tested. It's another thing when the company can't be bothered to hide how it's abusing it's once great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    No, it's not. This is my opinion obviously but a company that pushes an expansion with half of it's features broken, other older systems that also break on launch day, an entire half a zone not released, no raid, no new world content, and only 2 dungeons isn't worth it.

It's one thing if the team is small and they're taking a while to produce content but it's quality content and decently tested. It's another thing when the company can't be bothered to hide how it's abusing it's once great game.
    This is exactly what I was fearing. with planet touched wilds hype in fresh memory ! at least that was free ! had it not been free people would have been really angry

Quote Originally Posted by Sinishaa View Post
    Well off course you can't do **** to lvl 70 players. They have all legendary skills updated and you still don't. It's just common sense. Play the game a bit, lvl to 70 and you'll see the difference. There's open world PvP on Bloodiron from time to time to quench your thirst till 70.

Don't whine and just play the game lol
    "Common sense" would be not to check 65 vs 70 since 65 is lv cap for non xpac buyers ! they should have 66-70 checks instead ! they try to force me to buy the xpac so I can enjoy pvp ! I hate such behaviours from companyīs , so I just canīt support this with my money

Soulwalker

i'm honestly not to happy with the pvp side of SFP... Warriors and rogues to me! my opinion are way to OP.. i prefer to play a Mage and seriously i feel like the mage is the weakest character now.

Red face

Hard one I think Iīll wait at least a month , and keep an eye on the forums, I donīt buy unfinished products, why should game development be excused with doing unfinished jobs with full payment ? I mean we all canīt do this on our jobs in reality ! If Iīm going to build someone a garage and fail to put the doors on it I wont be getting full payment until I do ! and it cost me materials etc.. in the meantime ! why does game company's enjoy the slack they do in this area ?
    I am sorry but I really found this amusing. I see the answer to this question as..... because they work with computers! Have you never had your computer just stop doing what it reliably did for months, maybe years? I have some friends who do programming; like programming trains. I have listened to a friend rant and rave about how no matter how well the program was written it just did not execute as intended. Hardware was changed, all seemed well, then a short time later...... again the problem resurfaced. Computers are hellacious. They work, you turn them off..... when you turn them back on..... you hope you get it back the same way.

I can understand your frustration but this is the way of the MMORPG world. Sure things seem unfinished on our end when things don't work but having survived my sanity with close to 12 years of new games and expansions ...this is just what happens. Have patience grasshopper. The expansion will be fine...just need to work the kinks out with a full load of players.

Telaran

Is this really worth 40 euros ? I mean the new map seems really small compared to the previous ones, 40euros will buy me full game titles ! if I dish out 40 euros on this and itīs poor content it will sure be the end of my time in rift cause it will piss me off enough to quit . itīs not really about the money itīs about devs respecting their fans or not, Iīm red tier so I spent plenty already, Iīm sorry to say I find it a bit stupid also that this is not available for credits which would have been a good thing for economy selling rex`s on ah, which is a good way for us lazy people to get plats, seems the shrinking player-base will get even smaller with this move locking out people from buying the expansion with credits
    We went out for a meal last friday, drinks, onto a club more drinks and taxis home. I got little change from $150 and you want to know if 100's of hours entertainment is not worth $40? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Cheapskates

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy99 View Post
    We went out for a meal last friday, drinks, onto a club more drinks and taxis home. I got little change from $150 and you want to know if 100's of hours entertainment is not worth $40? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Cheapskates

For me, a night out on the town with friends is a totally different experience and brings with it a different sort of enjoyment than comparing it to a mmo. This I phappily spend money on.

I don't like wasting money on a lackluster buggy product that is annoying af and then have to be angry that I did in the first when the company I spent the money on obviously doesn't take repairing issues srsly.

The other thing is that you aren't just spending $40. Tske into consideration paying patron and additional cost for upgrades. Players are already complaining that, contrary to the dev promise of "swimming in plat", plat pay out is low. With the loss of old raid plat, some might have to buy REX. Once you take these rhing in consideration your $40 could very well go from $40 to $100. Rift finds a way to make players pay for more.
    Last edited by Sails; 11-22-2016 at 03:43 AM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I don't like wasring money on a lackluster buggy product that is annoying af and then have to be br angry that I did when constantly running into the same unrepaired issues.
    You do realise it takes time to fix issues?
    This is how things stand right now:
    A company (Trion) is working on a game (Rift). That company has things that need to do in game as follows: Bring new content, polish old one, fix buggs,find more buggs, fix them as well, balance classes, balance roles, change broken classes, balance gear, make new gear, etc. They have a HUGE to do list. The issues you have problems with will be fixed in time. For now you'll just have to deal with them and find other parts of the game that you can play with. HAVE FUN!! ffs
    Last edited by Sinishaa; 11-22-2016 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard1971 View Post
    i'm honestly not to happy with the pvp side of SFP... Warriors and rogues to me! my opinion are way to OP.. i prefer to play a Mage and seriously i feel like the mage is the weakest character now.
    Thanks for sharing this info. It seems Rift has been reducing the pvp section steadily since NT. The lack of attention to balance is obvious and never changes. Just before xpac release the constant stuns then rekt
    Scenario was getting old. Its disappointing that this hasn't been cleared up, ombalance is yet an issue
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast