+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: So disappointed that All of Starfall is behind a Paywall!!

Default So disappointed that All of Starfall is behind a Paywall!!

Many of you are wondering why are so many people upset with the decision to put Starfall Prophecy behind a paywall. Here's why.

Quotes from back in the day....My how times have changed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    We are not selling access to areas. We have to give all of our content away for free - that's the right thing to do. We give you an amazing game to play, a place to meet up with friends. If you want to support it, because you like it, I know that people will choose to buy things.
    ~Daglar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fisher
    We don't plan on putting any dungeons, raids, or content behind paywalls. We want more people playing together, not a few folks playing in a walled garden.

~~ Bill Fisher, Creative Director
    When we 1st came to rift, things were great. It was one of the 1st F2P games we had come across that was not P2W. Content was made available to everyone. Updates were either FREE or made available through credits. Like many of you, we liked it so much we bought the game, and invested in patron from time to time to help support the game.

When Starfall Prophecy was announced we were so excited. New content, new level cap, finally something new to do!! Then we discover, it's completely behind a paywall. If you want access to any of it, get out your credit card $$$ or no soup for you.

I think the Rift Team needs to go back and revisit their initial plans for the game, because what you have now is a game breaker for many of us...
    Last edited by ArcticGypsy; 11-18-2016 at 09:17 AM.

I like the pay wall less kids trolling,more adult comunity,and lets face it they made those promisses based on a market that does not existe anymore,devs got to eat and if we want the game to go on we have to give some to take some.I dont mind the pay wall the zone and content are worth it .great job team now u guys get those bugs fixe and we gold.

Bit of a newbie here, but could you explain what parts are required to spend money on in order to play the expansion properly?
    Fwob - Zaviel

Dragging up old irrelevant quotes must have been fun. Business models change, news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Bit of a newbie here, but could you explain what parts are required to spend money on in order to play the expansion properly?
    You have to buy Starfall Prophecy to participate in Starfall Prophecy.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 11-18-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Default Okay

So, Trion should have just gone bankrupt instead? Folks don't work for free and I have a feeling the prior business model didn't bring in enough cash to create the ton of new material in 4.0

Shadowlander

If they're going to adjust their monetization policy, how about they adjust the rest of the store too?

Starfall Prophecy + your subscription fee should get you everything (as long as you keep subbing). Yet the store is still filled with boosts, gear you can straight up buy with cash, lockboxes, and so on.
    Anva/Daliza

Soulwalker

Nice work on the event tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Dragging up old irrelevant quotes must have been fun. Business models change, news at 11.
    Following your posts to forum lately and have admired the way you have avoided belittling other contributions while still making your point.
    We are all entitled to the occasional lapse I suppose.

OP has a valid point. Promises have been made and broken. reasons are not excuses.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    So, Trion should have just gone bankrupt instead? Folks don't work for free and I have a feeling the prior business model didn't bring in enough cash to create the ton of new material in 4.0
    Are you sure it is the business model that failed?
    With competent maintenance of the product, I suspect the business model would have worked fine.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticGypsy View Post

When we 1st came to rift, things were great. It was one of the 1st F2P games we had come across that was not P2W.
    Bruh, when we 1st came to rift it was purchasable and monthly fee..

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    I like the pay wall less kids trolling,more adult comunity,and lets face it they made those promisses based on a market that does not existe anymore,devs got to eat .
    It's one thing to ask us to pay for mounts, pay for new souls, pay for gear, but to put an entire expansion behind a paywall is just not necessary. The game would continue to go on and do very well.

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post

I don't think they are struggling to put food on the table, nor are they on the verge of going bankrupt ;)
    Last edited by ArcticGypsy; 11-18-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Telaran

well 40Euro for 2 years of content doesn't sound very much to me, so think over that one before you complain.
    for the rest everything is for free, so what you wan't more.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nearest View Post
    If they're going to adjust their monetization policy, how about they adjust the rest of the store too?

Starfall Prophecy + your subscription fee should get you everything (as long as you keep subbing). Yet the store is still filled with boosts, gear you can straight up buy with cash, lockboxes, and so on.
    Straight to the point. I have no problems paying a xpac and a monthly fee; I have problems with "insert coin now" popups showing at every corner of the game. It's like shelling out money for pay TV, and then still getting annoyed by ads every 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    Straight to the point. I have no problems paying a xpac and a monthly fee; I have problems with "insert coin now" popups showing at every corner of the game. It's like shelling out money for pay TV, and then still getting annoyed by ads every 10 minutes.

I think you're all bonkers, I've played over a year, spent very little and only because I wanted to not because I was forced.

The 'free appeal' folks always cry, always will. Free too expensive for some. Well don't play the dammed game if you cant afford it and stop making those that do feel bad about it.

Soulwalker

As many ppl who are upset about so called paywall there are as many ppl who are supporting this very decision. I do not write too often as I played 1 year at start and then played some periots as I do not like f2p play styles. Ppl should stop thinking a full new expension like a simple paywall, it is an expansion for buying. If you like this game and want to contrubite in any way or even if you want this game to continue release expansions, updates it is time to show your support.

Nothing, but nothing is literally free, anything you do for months, years has a cost. You can still play Rift, 65 levels with the best f2p model. I gladly will pay for the xpac just for the sake of suporting devs. Maybe my age, maybe how I see the world, I believe any entertaining hobby I do, costs. And Rift is far too cheap for me for a or couple months entertaining.

If you like the game please buy the expansion to support it, if you do not like it just leave, because making agenda or untipropaganda about devs and game only hurting the community.

Ewa
    Rift Disciple

/stop crying

Jet a Job
    -Work for 3 hours, then quit job
    -Then play for 300 hours
    -Then smile more you complaining person
    Last edited by Ewa; 11-18-2016 at 12:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast