+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Thanks for Starfall Prophecy

Default Having fun

I just want to chime in to say I am having fun, too. I really like the expansion.

I have run into a few bugs. Most of which I figure a way around. The only sticky one I seem to have is I can't find Cyril in Alittu to complete Coronation. I'm standing right where he is supposed to be, but I can't find him to click on him.

I've logged out. I've zoned. I've shard hopped. No dice. I'm sure he'll be there later, so I'll just keep trying.
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Out of Bounds | Zea`Lynn the Emerald Feend | Matter of Life & Death

Jumping in as well, I'm absolutely loving it! Just finished my climb to 70 last night and started working on some crafting, fishing, and planar fragments. I feel like I already have plenty of fragments to send off to alts.

My only issue has been with the plat gain. I've earned a bit from gathering, but I fear that will drop soon. I'm confident this is something that they're already looking into and working out though.

As others have said, the environment and music is absolutely top notch. I love the look of many of the mobs. And the voiceovers have been very entertaining!
    Irlowe@Deepwood Iirlowe@Deepwood Urlowe@Deepwood Primalowe@Deepwood Rlowe@Deepwood
    <Halcyon>

Telaran

Thanks for servers stability?

Ascendant

Absolutely having fun so far .... there are some things that could do with some clarification, but in itself it's very nice (for EU that is when the servers are up though )

Soulwalker

- Experience divided by 2 when doing group quests.
    - Quests that do not validate as a group.
    - Obligation to reset quests when in group.
    - Experiment dismissed by 2 when one is solo and an outside person types our pnj (mob & co).
    - Entire villages invaded by mob or one can not even validate a quest.
    - No access quest on the new zone.
    - 64-bit version that changes absolutely nothing to the deplorable quality of graphics entities.

I still forget a lot, so I absolutely do not see how people can congratulate devs on this paying addon that has been deployed in beta version ....

Sword of Telara

I am also really impressed with the new DLC the design looks stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxi View Post
    - Experience divided by 2 when doing group quests.
    - Quests that do not validate as a group.
    - Obligation to reset quests when in group.
    - Experiment dismissed by 2 when one is solo and an outside person types our pnj (mob & co).
    - Entire villages invaded by mob or one can not even validate a quest.
    - No access quest on the new zone.
    - 64-bit version that changes absolutely nothing to the deplorable quality of graphics entities.

I still forget a lot, so I absolutely do not see how people can congratulate devs on this paying addon that has been deployed in beta version ....
    Sure there are some issues, no disagreement there! But in my own experience with gaming (in Rift and before Rift), I've never seen an expansion roll out without bugs. Not once. As to the paying for it, I'm also used to paying for expansions from other games I've played. So I still complimented the devs for the content they created and I see in other threads that hotfixes are already in the works. Just enjoying it, flaws and all.

4.0 has easily been my favourite patch since 1.9.

I got a little caught up in a bug on one of the quests that wouldn't let me progress, but hopefully that should be fixed when I get in the game in a bit.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarundi View Post
    So far I am loving the expansion.

The new zone is beautiful, the landscape and creatures are great. The feeling is like the one I had the first time I found Ember Isle. I have also had some really good laughs from the new artifact names (the one that I remember the most is "Ultra soft tissue" someone likes the brand ).

I am loving the new onslaughts (another EI favorite of mine) and them being dailies again makes me smile. I haven't gotten a lot of quests completed yet, but the ones I have done were fun (I tend to get side tracked by zone events, onslaughts streams for fishing etc.).

The fishing changes are great too. I fished up 2 nice planar essences ( I love that they were added to the possible fishing loot).

The crafting dailies are great I got 2 planar attunement levels for completing one days worth.

So far I am having fun with the expansion so THANK YOU and I look forward to all the new things that will be coming when all the fixes are done.
    I agree not !
    I angry not worked right, many Server downs and announced Features not in game! For the high DLC Price is the Expansion not finish...

Shadowlander

except that getting gear is 10times harder thx for removing gear drops from boss's in experts....
    also fragments thx for constantly giving me stats i dont neeed....
    also thx for the constant offline time during the vacation i took to play this....
    the content is indeed beautifull graphic wise but unbalanced and bugged AF.

i would have preffered a pushback on the release date then this....

also thx for screwing up mage specs, also the unbalanced dps between other class's.....
    the guy that do's this work must be smokin something, pass that plz on to me cuz i would like to see in wich state of mind he was when he came up with this.....

remove fragments, legendary ability's and bring back normal gear..... why screw this up in the first place.... gg

Chimm@Zaviel

4.0 is great to me. I do noticed the differences between 32 and 64Bits but there are problems with 64Bits and Addons that don't allow me to play in 64 with addons if i don't want to get crashes everytime.

And for EU players the worse part of this new expansion is the servers stability, i've been speding more time waiting for servers to come up again than i spent to hit 70.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by bridgestew View Post
    I have run into a few bugs. Most of which I figure a way around. The only sticky one I seem to have is I can't find Cyril in Alittu to complete Coronation. I'm standing right where he is supposed to be, but I can't find him to click on him.

I've logged out. I've zoned. I've shard hopped. No dice. I'm sure he'll be there later, so I'll just keep trying.
    Any bugs you find, I would add them to the known issues list. They are doing their best to address items that get reported there.

I'll add my name to those appreciating the expansion. The launch has not been flawless, but much smoother than NT was. A few kinks turning in final quests, but I was able to do them and advance anyway, halfway through level 67 now.

So for the whiners, you can go pout about it and miss out on all the fun to be had. Let not the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I came here to make a similar post. I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying myself. Seeing so much hate for various things across the Forums.

I'm actually very glad they moved back to charging for Xpacs. I think the B2P model makes a lot more sense. Kudos to Trion for changing it up when something didn't work. I'd love to go back to a Sub model with no Cash Shop but I think that time has passed.

I'm not sure if it's the 64bit client or other graphical updates they did but the games looks so much better. I'm loving the new visuals.

Someone else compared SFP to NT and it feeling like a different game. The NT zones never really felt cohesive to me. it always felt a bit off. This time it feels a lot better.

I just finished the Scatherran Forest Story Quests and loved it. I especially like how the final phased fight becomes a daily afterwards for some pretty nice XP.

Now it's off to the Gedlo Badlands.

Thanks for starting a positive thread.
    Randeth@Faeblight 70Mage
    Hanai@Faeblight 66Rogue
    Bhryne@Faeblight 60Cleric
    Varisil@Faeblight 60Warrior
    Jafera@Faeblight 60Primalist

Shadowlander

Default Nice to see Positivity

It's so nice to hear a positive post for once. It's refreshing. The game isn't perfect by any standards, and definitely has it's issues to be worked on, but if you've been playing it a while, there's apparently something good about it to be loved. Complain about things that need work, but still show appreciation, ya know. So thank YOU for posting something in appreciation for a game that's been my "MMO home" for years now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast