+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Into the Wyredode quest line

Thumbs down

I just had the issue of not being able to commune with the forest.
    Havent been anywhere near Xarth or take starter quests for other zones. Just followed the Scatherran questline and done carnages along the way.
    Tried relogging, abandoning/restarting and got the same result.. Extremely annoying.

I did the questline with friends this week, we had no problems at all, only with the instances being group locked.
    One of us was able to enter the instance with mobs while in party, kill all and leave, The others had to leave the party first, then enter the instance and while in instance, rejoin the group.

perhaps it makes a difference if others are on the quest at the same time while not in the same group?

Quote Originally Posted by aryvandar View Post
    Done all the steps this will be the 3rd time over.. go back to Feilbocan as directed by quest, supposedly the NPC is meant to be standing under the arch where the blue check mark on mini map indicates... thou low and behold no NPC is showing, what gives?

Switched shards, re-logged, abandoned it twice now. Also heard that it could be due to the rift mobs that run through town. Any help is appreciated.
    If you have another storyline quest which involves meeting Tasuil somewhere else, until you abandon that quest, he won't be in Felibocan as Trion coded it so he can't be in both locations, i.e. subsequent storyline quests break the one you're already on.

I posted this a couple of weeks ago...
    Into The Wyrdode - Tasuil missing in Felibocan

And it's been asked a couple of times since...
    Can't finish Scatherran Forest
    Into the wyredode quest is broken AGAIN

If you didn't want to use the forum's search facility, even a quick Google search would have found this answer.

taken from previous patch notes...

* Quest: Into the Wyredode: Changed scripting to allow players to regain the Wyredode Attunement temp ability in the objective to “Commune with the forest”. Now if you use the temp ability it:
    - 1. Does not go away until the leave the quest area, allowing players to attempt the objective again if for some reason it did not increment the first time and
    - 2. if you leave the area for any reason and come back, you will regain the temp ability,as long as you are on this specific objective.

* Story companions will now leave an after-image in locations where quests can be turned in so you can better locate the final objective of the quest.
    * Fixed an issue where Coronation couldn’t be turned in while Cyril and Veist were companions.

And a sidenote.. Tasuil visits his coronation only once

Maybe this answers some questions too?

Telaran

Angry stuck

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    taken from previous patch notes...

* Story companions will now leave an after-image in locations where quests can be turned in so you can better locate the final objective of the quest.
    Its not fixed. I am now leveling my 4th char and am again stuck at Return to Feilbocan. No quest guy to turn in quest.

Soulwalker

Default Solution

This is not exactly a bug. Problem is that people tend to take all the quests from Ailitu. If you take main saga quest for Scatherran Forrest (i dont remember the name now) and for Xarth Mire (The Shadow Market) you will talk to Tasuil twice, first conversation is part of the first quest and second conversation will send him to Shadow Market. Thats why he is not present in Feilbocan for many of you. You need to either complete first part of Shadow Market quest or abandon it.

Soulwalker

Default This Needs To Be Fixed.....

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Same here...
    Worked fine when I did it at release on my main, but now doing it on alts and the NPC isn't there. Has been 2 days now.

All these quests that involve talking to an NPC that sometime accompany you (tasuil, cyril, etc.. ) bugged at one point or the other...
    Can't a permanent NPC be added to all these locations to turn quests in, one that would never go away/follow the players?
    Sure sometime people will see a bunch of Tasuil, but that's not much an issue compared to you know, your main storyline constantly being stuck.

This is ridiculous, it's been weeks now and these bugs still happen. Just add a turn in NPC, hard fix it...
    I agree with everyone's posts above and my wife pointed something out to me....well a couple things...

1) we went to go into Xarth's Mire and the NPCs (Tuasil and Shyla...however her names spelt) showed up and started speaking...as well as the commands to play with the unicorns..which I had completed about 5 quests ago and turned in, but couldn't speak to Tuasil again (wandered through SF using completionist and only have 9 quests left, the majority I have to talk to Tuasil)...but getting back to my point....after the unicorn actions came back (/dance; /silly...etc.) I went back to Feilbocan, where I noticed Tuasil (attachment 1) has 2 of them...then I went back to the unicorn area (attachment 2) and noticed the playful unicorns are still there, which as stated...Ive completed all the way till the main Uni days and I have to save the fawn and return to Tuasil.....really irritaiting and Rift really needs to fix their quests/instances....Into the Wyredode quest line-2017-11-20_195927.jpgInto the Wyredode quest line-2017-11-20_201720.jpg

Soulwalker

Default bind a Wyrding spirit

I need help, how do you bind a wyrding spirit? there is not binding key they provide. do you have to kill the spirit within the 5 seconds of eating the mushroom?? im so confused and been stuck for a good day now. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

make sure you have the quest selected in your quest log.

hit the spirit down to 75% health
    use the ability from the quest
    make sure you are binding the right spirit
    Last edited by Aranka; 01-12-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    make sure you have the quest selected in your quest log.

hit the spirit down to 75% health
    use the ability from the quest
    make sure you are binding the right spirit
    the only quest items i have recieved from the quest would be the Wyredode Blessing, that allows you to reveal hidden unicorns.

that's not from that quest chain.

try the following

check your quest log, unselect every quest and select the quest into the wyredode.
    maybe check your quest items in the quest log bag.

damage a spirit to 75% health and see if an ability pops up

Soulwalker

Followed the instructions you provided. no item has popped up (on screen or in the quest log bag). tried to post a screen shot to show you what i see . but having trouble uploading the picture.

have you tried doing that mushroom again? and be in the spot marked on your map?

or hop shards?
    or log out/in?
    or exit game, close it in task manager too (ctrl + alt + del once for that menu to pop up), restart the game and check if that fixed it

If nothing of the above works, create an ingame bug report, mention the toon you are playing on, mention the shard you are playing on at that moment, the time stamp, what you did, what you tried to fix it, if you were mentored/sidekicked...

any information that might bug the quest, any information on the time/location so they can find it back in their logs.

I hope my suggestions work, but if not that Trion can check asap and give you an answer.
    Last edited by Aranka; 01-12-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Soulwalker

will report it , thank you so much for your help!! much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2