+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Iwateguy
  • 1 Post By aryvandar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Where's the deep water?

Shadowlander

Default Where's the deep water?

In SFP, where's the deep water to fish in? I'm only in the Forest right now and could only find shallow waters.

Also, are there any new crafting weeklies?

Thanks!
    Holiday addict.

I found deep water on southern part of Scatheran Forest, where the river flows out of the zone.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaarah View Post
    In SFP, where's the deep water to fish in? I'm only in the Forest right now and could only find shallow waters.
    There are a few spots in Gedlo Badlands. And just below Scatherran/Xarth on ridge of the Tenebrean Schism. That latter spot is the probably the easiest area to fish unhindered as a 65.

Also, are there any new crafting weeklies?Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Romas Periga in Tempest Bay has all the skill level 451+ dailies.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Shadowlander

Default Location, Location

general tips on the area doesn't do it, how about a x,y location so we can locate the deep water on the maps. I scouted both areas given by the replies and without a GPS I'm having trouble finding the deep water area. Why is there not a lot of deep water in the Forest? I'm finding only shallow.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Katonia View Post
    general tips on the area doesn't do it, how about a x,y location so we can locate the deep water on the maps. I scouted both areas given by the replies and without a GPS I'm having trouble finding the deep water area. Why is there not a lot of deep water in the Forest? I'm finding only shallow.
    Where's the deep water?-2017-01-13_112744.jpg

Here is a spot in Scatheran that's very close to Feibocan and has a couple of spots of deep water. The deep water is very small in area: a couple of spots between rocks at the top of a small waterfall. The coords are approximately 5169, 5927. In the photo, you can see the deep water target about halfway across the stream by the rocks. There's a second spot of deep water a touch closer to the opposite shore, also between a couple of rocks. The only mobs you're likely to encounter getting there are squirrels and, if you stand where I am in the photo, nothing ever comes close enough to aggro you.

Shadowlander

Default Deep Water

Thanks to Iwateguy for the deep water location. Appreciate it greatly!

The biggish pond with the rock pillar formation in it in the western area of Gedlo has a tonne of deep water. There are spots you can stand where no roaming mobs bother you. It's a shortish ride from the non-Tanaris portal (I forget the name).
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

In the top right (NE) section of Scatherran Forest is a small pond with both deep and shallow water. I fish standing on a rock, as pictured below. Loc 5930, 4510

Where's the deep water?-2017-04-21_080711.jpgWhere's the deep water?-2017-04-21_080839.jpg
    Last edited by Tazendra; 04-21-2017 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Added waypoint
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

Plane Touched

Default Other zones?

Has anyone discovered any deep water in Xarth Mire?

How about Ashenfell? For that matter, is there any water there at all?

I tried following Tacitus' description above but didn't find any deep water; however, I did find a good supply of level 70 elites. Since they don't match my idea of an area to "fish unhindered as a 65", I assume I was in the wrong areas. I looked around the Schism area a bit but didn't have any luck finding deep water. Has anyone found any there?

Soulwalker

As to Ashenfell funny enough there is, WARNING you need to have done the quest to get the buff that makes you immune to lava in that zone. Where the bigger pool of lava is with what I refer to as sun flares you can fish in the lava, yes you heard me correctly. Enojoy.

In Ashenfell, I've only found shallow lava where you can fish for Scoria Fish for the Scoria Fish Liver (Tok's Dungeon crafting costumes). A safe location (no mobs bugging you) where you do not need the Word of Cruelty buff (lava immunity) is at 2890, 4870.

Is there a deep spot somewhere, too?

Where's the deep water?-2017-04-28_220453.jpgWhere's the deep water?-2017-04-28_220319.jpg
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

Rift Disciple

Here's the location in southern Scatherran Forest 4889, 6809. You fall down the waterfall to get there, and you have to recall or port out.

Where's the deep water?-deepwater-scathheran.jpg

+ Reply to Thread