+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Please let NA and EU population play together!

Why not just have trion do some good marketing and actually increase the player base.

Have they even done any marketing for SFP?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post
    Why not just have trion do some good marketing and actually increase the player base.

What makes u think it works? Marketing costs a lot of money (money taken away from developing actual content) which might not yield significant increase in player base. You need historical data and market analysis just for a remote guess at the impact of a certain level of marketing, so suggestions like "do some good marketing" don't necessarily benefit rift overall.

Rift Chaser

NA servers http://www.ipgeek.net/208.94.27.1.html
    EU servers http://www.ipgeek.net/193.105.173.1
    For those with the technological knowledge, would it be feasible for people to play together?
    How badly would it **** up latency?

Trion pissed off a lot of customers, so marketing would probably have a minimal effect.
    There is a saying "A happy customer tells one friend, an unhappy customer tells all their friends".

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Genshiken View Post
    NA servers http://www.ipgeek.net/208.94.27.1.html
    EU servers http://www.ipgeek.net/193.105.173.1
    For those with the technological knowledge, would it be feasible for people to play together?
    How badly would it **** up latency?

Trion pissed off a lot of customers, so marketing would probably have a minimal effect.
    There is a saying "A happy customer tells one friend, an unhappy customer tells all their friends".
    You can copy a toon on EU to the PTS (NA server) within seconds, so yes it should be easy to temporarily transfer a toon between regions. It might not be as fast as shard hopping, but i'm sure no one would complain even if it takes a min.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post

My wife plays LotRO, frequents gaming sites related to that. Over the last few weeks she has said she's seen many adverts on various sites saying come play sfp beta. So yeah, some targeted marketing is going on.
    We can't hear the true songs, we are alone under the cold moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendun View Post
    My wife plays LotRO, frequents gaming sites related to that. Over the last few weeks she has said she's seen many adverts on various sites saying come play sfp beta. So yeah, some targeted marketing is going on.
    Sadly, a little late imo. In the past I have seen occasional ads for Rift around the net. It almost seems as if we had more belief in the game than Trion did. I still believe they never cottoned on to how good the game was and missed a golden opportunity.
    Last edited by Haruchai; 11-13-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Thumbs down NO NO NO NO!!

No, im not really happy with that idea. Atm i can play trove, that works finde but here in Rift? I can remember in a conquest test, i was dead before i understood whats going on.
    I dont think that atm is a need for doing this. All European guilds can fill theire raid groups. People who wants to do progress raiding are on NA shards yet. I can start a discussion in our German speaking Facebook Group and hear what they say. In the last 3 Weeks i invited for about 30 People to our FB Group, a lot of returning and new players, and not everybody is in FB.
    For me: I would have to learn more English -.-

I love the idea of being able to transfer from EU to NA or visa versa, however I am not sure I like mixing up the EU with NA in the same clusters.

But I do vote that they move Seastone over to EU ASAP!
    (just kidding)
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

There's currently 7 Shards (1 PVP shard) on each cluster. However I think there's a plausible workaround for shards-merging. For instance 3 Shards for NA and 3 Shards for EU (German/French/English) and another PVP shard where people are free to transfer (despite high latency) while retaining 7 total shards for players to harvest resources etc.
    Though I am not familiar with the EU cluster with their language preferences, since I don't play on EU. But I would like to see changes like this in the future :P
    Last edited by huangchingho; 11-14-2016 at 02:26 AM.

I'd be all for allowing anyone to transfer back and forth, from EU to NA and vice versa but no way i could support merging NA and EU into one cluster, i can barely tolerate to log on and collect my daily/weekly boxes on NA, the chat is, eh, "interesting" but no way would those comments fly for EU players.

There is no way I would want to find myself grouped with a bunch of Trumpites.

Sadly, unless Trion have discovered Ethernet-based wormhole technology communications across the Atlantic are limited by the speed of light along a fibre-optic cable. This means that for the folks based in Europe the latency to a data centre hosted in the US is always going to be higher than to a data centre in Europe and vice versa. Unless you host the servers somewhere midway between the US and Europe one group is always going to be at a disadvantage to the others.

So, unless Trion build a secret mid-Atlantic underwater base for the servers, no thanks.

Keep EU and US separate! We don't want the greedy Europeans driving up REX prices in US!!!!!!
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Keep EU and US separate! We don't want the greedy Europeans driving up REX prices in US!!!!!!
    Newsflash... we have alts on US to buy all your cheap Rexes!

Keep 'em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    unless Trion build a secret mid-Atlantic underwater base for the servers, no thanks.
    20ms from London to New York, sign me up..... if i won the Euromillions, only for the big boys like Google and Microsoft.

http://www.hibernianetworks.com/netw...ernia-express/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast