+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Autumn Harvest 2016 Wardrobe Achievements

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Default Autumn Harvest 2016 Wardrobe Achievements

As many know, we had severe server lag issues on Wednesday. This was related to a new form of achievement triggering to allow certain specific wardrobe achievements to be shared account wide. We had to release an emergency patch to revert that code, but that left the achievements in limbo while we investigated how to make them work without that code. After further investigation, the bottom line is this - these 4 achievements cannot be fixed at present BUT READ TO THE END TO SEE HOW AL THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL STILL GET THE REWARDS.

The underlying tech on which these achievements were based had a severe server performance impact. All other options for rebuilding the achievements would result in achievements that could only be completed on one character and/or not credit anyone that met the achievement requirements between Thursday morning and the next next patch. We might revisit the under tech at a much later date, but for now, that is shelved. These achievements will be moved to legacy status. That leaves the rewards for these achievements...

TWO WEEKS AFTER AUTUMN HARVEST CONCLUDES (i.e. 1 week after the event items are removed from the store), we will run a report to find all accounts that met the requirements for these achievements and do a one time grant of the rewards.

I will also add a note indicating this to the in-game achievement description.

The affected Autumn Harvest achievements:
    Grim and Ghastly (awards the Defiant Mind Shield)
    You ARE licensed to practice medicine, right? (awards Sawbones title)

Also affected from Summerfest, but only in terms of moving to legacy as they have no attached rewards:
    Summer Raiment
    Throwing in the Towel

Thank you for your understanding.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    As many know, we had severe server lag issues on Wednesday. This was related to a new form of achievement triggering to allow certain specific wardrobe achievements to be shared account wide. We had to release an emergency patch to revert that code, but that left the achievements in limbo while we investigated how to make them work without that code. After further investigation, the bottom line is this - these 4 achievements cannot be fixed at present BUT READ TO THE END TO SEE HOW AL THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL STILL GET THE REWARDS.

The underlying tech on which these achievements were based had a severe server performance impact. All other options for rebuilding the achievements would result in achievements that could only be completed on one character and/or not credit anyone that met the achievement requirements between Thursday morning and the next next patch. We might revisit the under tech at a much later date, but for now, that is shelved. These achievements will be moved to legacy status. That leaves the rewards for these achievements...

TWO WEEKS AFTER AUTUMN HARVEST CONCLUDES (i.e. 1 week after the event items are removed from the store), we will run a report to find all accounts that met the requirements for these achievements and do a one time grant of the rewards.

Also affected from Summerfest, but only in terms of moving to legacy as they have no attached rewards:
    Summer Raiment
    Throwing in the Towel

That's awesome and all, but what if the bug involves having not met the requirements, even though you did? I earned the doctor's garb, but upon collecting it, it did not go into my inventory. It showed up in my wardrobe, but without equipping it FROM the inventory, I got no credit :'( I hope the standards for determining whether or not someone meets the requirements has this issue considered.

Last edited by Moonlitsiren; 10-16-2016 at 05:48 AM.

Default Option?

Just wondering whether you can automate the achievement to go out in the mail... like writs?

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlitsiren View Post
    That's awesome and all, but what if the bug involves having not met the requirements, even though you did?
    That is exactly the issue that is being referred to here. It is not the reward granting that is broken but the underlying achievement itself. You will not see the credit on the achievement screen because it is broken due to relying on a bit of code that caused massive server issues. So we reverted that code, leaving the achievements in a broken state.

After the event is done, we will run an internal report to find all accounts that qualified - i.e. did the requirements even though they are not reflected on the achievement window - and then grant the rewards accordingly.
    Rift Team Designer

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Question

That is exactly the issue that is being referred to here. It is not the reward granting that is broken but the underlying achievement itself. You will not see the credit on the achievement screen because it is broken due to relying on a bit of code that caused massive server issues. So we reverted that code, leaving the achievements in a broken state.

After the event is done, we will run an internal report to find all accounts that qualified - i.e. did the requirements even though they are not reflected on the achievement window - and then grant the rewards accordingly.
    thank you for finally explaining that I have been wondering, last bit I need for my process is to know if the achieves will still appear account wide regaurdless of which toon buys which item?

Soulwalker

Summer Raiment
    Throwing in the Towel

i am so glad to see this!!! I got the doctor's garb and when I went to equip it, it wasn't in my bank or anywhere. I could equip the image in my wardrobe. I am glad I didn't try to buy it again.....

Isp
    Rift Chaser

What about other achieves? Mitch's 2016 world puppet tour in particular, @Tacticus, you promised to look at it after summerfest here - http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...tead-main.html

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    What about other achieves? Mitch's 2016 world puppet tour in particular, @Tacticus, you promised to look at it after summerfest here - http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...tead-main.html
    Minion chain achievements will be account wide with 4.0.

This text only here because even with moderator privs, I can't post with less than 10 chars of non-quote text... ;)
    Rift Team Designer

Isp
    Rift Chaser

ty, not too long to wait then

I have a question regarding Grim and Ghastly achievement. If I buy said items on different characters for example, I bought the credit items with one character and spend autumn harvest tokens on different characters to get the Ghastly wardrobe weapons. Since they are auto-consumed they will be applied with different characters, will I still get the whole achievement completed on all of my toons?
    Last edited by Aleister Crowley; 10-23-2016 at 07:55 AM.

I would also like clarification on the "You ARE licensed to practice medicine, right?" achievement. Will the title be granted to all my characters, or only the character that acquired the Spattered Doctor's Garb?

Plane Touched

Same curiosity since the wardrobe is automatically consumed. Does it apply only on the character on which the wardrobes are purchased, or it counts account wise if I buy it with another one?
    Known as Ylassa@Gelidra :P

As Autumn Harvest has been over almost two weeks now, any news on when this report generation / achievement granting will be done?

3rd November - Autumn Harvest ended
    17th November - Two weeks after Autumn Harvest ended
    26th November - Still no achievements granted

So, when are we getting these?

Telaran

Yes please.A little faster after promises is better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast