+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree370Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Aventurine in Starfall Prophecy

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Default Changes to Aventurine in Starfall Prophecy

With the release of Starfall Prophecy, we’re going to make a change to Aventurine and Seasonal Minions Missions. We’re instituting a cap in the amount of Aventurine anyone can possess at one time.

Many of you noticed that over the last year, rewards from World Event missions have been lower than they had been previously. We had to reduce rewards for World Event missions because players could save up massive amounts of Aventurine and spend them for huge rewards as soon as the events went live – definitely not as intended! Instead of World Event Missions being a supplemental bonus for rare event currencies (as they were designed), they actually became the main way some individuals got these currencies. This wasn’t good for the Minion system, World Events, or all of you. As long as players were able to amass huge stockpiles, we had to balance the rewards from these missions against the assumption that everyone was potentially sitting on stockpiles of 100,000 Aventurine, or more even if many players were not.

With the launch of Starfall Prophecy, Aventurine will be capped at 5,000. This gives us the freedom to offer better rewards once again, and keeps players from being “forced” to hoard Aventurine in order to get reasonable rewards from World Event Minion Missions. We wanted to give you as much advance notice as possible, so that you can spend any excess Aventurine on high end missions before SFP goes live!

The RIFT Team

I dont like you right now,

EDIT: I understand now why and that the rewards should be better in the long run. Thank you for letting us know so we spend our Aventurine now
    Last edited by Kitasia; 10-12-2016 at 10:51 PM.

That doesn't really explain why we'd have poor rewards for the World Event minion chain questline which can only be completed once. It isn't as if you're able to spam the questline to reap the rewards. We can't complete it on another character on the same region because it's region bound. It's a lot different then spamming four hour world event missions. This was a perfect example of what rewards should have been given for the questline. Something to actually make people want to buy the minion outside of a minuscule achievement and/or those who just want more minions (aka completionists.) It could have been adjusted to reward a Trove for anything that was an 8h or 4hr and had 6 stars and keep the wardrobe/misc to 5/15 that had 6stars.

The only reward you needed to balance would have been from the 10=>4hr missions that had no limit entirely unlike the one-time-per-region questline. Edit: Which is what you did for Summerfest.

However, I do understand the cap but 5,000 is a bit low. And I definitely won't bother with buying World Event minions anymore.
    Last edited by Riane; 10-12-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Ral
    Rift Master

I don't like currency caps on anything either for gating progressing or limiting hording as is the case here. Generally my feeling is that such a currency cap (which is also applied for the same purpose on planarite, favor and crafting marks) represents a issue of unstable value for a currency.

Basically if there was a better reason to spend the currency all the time, there would be less surplus at otherwise critical points. This has been the issue with all the aforementioned currencies where they go through cycles of being nearly valueless to absolutely invaluable and back over and over.

I understand the reason for this, but feel it is a poor solution that only limits a problem, not actually solve it.

RR said I can blame him so I will like you again. Plus I understand why. Still pouting in a corner though.

General of Telara

Will people that are over 5k have their aventurine lost? or will they just stop gaining more till they get below 5k?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    Will people that are over 5k have their aventurine lost? or will they just stop gaining more till they get below 5k?
    Would like to know this too.
    When SFP launches, will ppl with 100k aventurine have 95k deducted automatically?

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

It will be lost. This is a hard cap, and why we are putting out the word now.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Chaser

There goes my plan to rush a bunch of missions for crafting mats at the start of the expansion...
    I play hybrids...deal with it.

Telaran

oh my another kick in the b...s got over 200 minions all level 25, plus bank is basically full of everything even got loads of stuff in a mules bank, 1540 artifact sets so in a way NOTHING to use adventurine on except new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    This gives us the freedom to offer better rewards once again, and keeps players from being “forced” to hoard Aventurine in order to get reasonable rewards from World Event Minion Missions.
    Well, for me, the reason I have generally have a stockpile of aventurine is because except during world / promo events there are pretty much no rewards worth spending it on. I don't need notoriety, I don't build dimensions, the materials return is generally poor which leaves only artefact missions as vaguely useful.

Basically, if there was a better reason to spend it all the time, I'd spend it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    I don't like currency caps on anything either for gating progressing or limiting hording as is the case here. Generally my feeling is that such a currency cap (which is also applied for the same purpose on planarite, favor and crafting marks) represents a issue of unstable value for a currency.

Basically if there was a better reason to spend the currency all the time, there would be less surplus at otherwise critical points. This has been the issue with all the aforementioned currencies where they go through cycles of being nearly valueless to absolutely invaluable and back over and over.

I understand the reason for this, but feel it is a poor solution that only limits a problem, not actually solve it.
    This.

This post covers the problem perfectly. People build up because there's nothing to spend their currency on that's worthwhile.

Why not allow us to convert aventurine out into other currencies or lucky coins?
    Last edited by McChaffe; 10-12-2016 at 04:03 PM.
    Kaleshnikove@Faeblight [Bounty]: Retired
    RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Well, for me, the reason I have generally have a stockpile of aventurine is because except during world / promo events there are pretty much no rewards worth spending it on. I don't need notoriety, I don't build dimensions, the materials return is generally poor which leaves only artefact missions as vaguely useful.

Basically, if there was a better reason to spend it all the time, I'd spend it all the time.
    This is the reason I have always had a stockpile of Aventurine. I looked forward to using up a large portion of it to get the Minion questline done ASAP so I can toss up a lil guide for it. I know not everyone has a lot of it, so it helps out other users to complete them if they have very little aventurine.

However, on the flip side it's very hard to offer up better rewards for something that requires absolutely no effort (outside of the prior effort for credits=>minion slots, credits/ah/etc=>minions) to earn the currency. It's a catch 22 and sadly, I feel like it impacts world event stuff more than anything else.

No one was hoarding their Aventurine because they were forced to do so for a Minion questline. People were hoarding because they didn't need/care about using it to shuffle, hurry missions, or use them on 4hr.
    Last edited by Riane; 10-12-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    It will be lost. This is a hard cap, and why we are putting out the word now.
    Can you also make the tasuil minion chain adventure not repeatable, or make the trigger more predicable, like you have to have Una on adventure to trigger the repetition?

This issue has plague the minion sender users for over a year and still didn't get a fix
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5058324

Not only is it inconvenient to minion sender users, if the required minion happens not to have enough stamina we are blocked from the entire minion deck until it regains sufficient stamina.

tldr: make the tasuil chain unrepeatable, or make the trigger something avoidable like having to have Una on adventure.

Thumbs up

excellent question Tacitus!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast