+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Abuse of Instant Adventures

Lightbulb Abuse of Instant Adventures

the older and newer players have made a speed grind in this game through hours of continuous IAs.

This not only presents an issue for the ease of making multiple higher level toons for trolling accounts as well as a leveling method which promotes expediant leveling without learning classes and multi spec development.

Seeing as IAs only require 7 per zone for achieves in the first ranks I think it would be appropriate to limit players to 10 quests per zone a week and 30 per Intrepid a week.

This would still satisfy the needs of the quests and achieves but without making a max level under geared no skilled player base

Please Ocho, Gingers, Tacitus, Dead Simon, we need your attention on this issue if this game is to dig itself back out of the grave!

Because fresh player intake is just as important as mass retention, otherwise failed retention will result in loss of total population.

So.. you want to cap the amount IAs people can do? What.

"making a max level under geared no skilled player base"

This statement alone tells me a lot about the OP. Word to you dear sir. You do not have to participate in said IA's. Feel free to leave the rest of us no skilled player base to ourselves in the IA's.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    So.. you want to cap the amount IAs people can do? What.
    Only on a weekly basis, we have under skilled players because they went from 10 to 65 doing nothing but derping IAs, this lack of skill base is hurting this game immensely.

We cannot expect the youth of America, ie 13 - 25, to play games responsibly, while there are those who take it seriously, this is still considered entertainment and ffor the younger crowds just going in and fing around is considered satisfactory where as this game has been designed to only be feasible for the dedicated, responsible and diversified players.

IAs produce speed freaks only interested in end game for which they cannot be ready playing in this way.

Not to mention that the players leveling seriously to learn the game no longer have any WF or Dungeon experience anymore due to no one running leveling to contribute to queues

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Cyng View Post
    "making a max level under geared no skilled player base"

This statement alone tells me a lot about the OP. Word to you dear sir. You do not have to participate in said IA's. Feel free to leave the rest of us no skilled player base to ourselves in the IA's.
    You do what you please, I have not run IAs in at least a year since I speed maxxed a cpl of my alts to 65 to have more war tank toons at my finger tips instead of one that could only support one run of my guild's needs

Thumbs down

You don't introduce content caps to force people to learn how to play the game. You fix the problem: Dungeon queues (not so much pvp as sad as it is to admit that.)

There just needs to be incentive for max level players to be in queues with people leveling, pretty much the rewards need to change and a tweak to the mentoring stats received when in a mentored dungeon.

Shield of Telara

Let me understand your argument here.

Limit IAs > better players > less decline of population.

promotes expediant leveling without learning classes and multi spec development.
    making a max level under geared no skilled player base
    Because fresh player intake is just as important as mass retention, otherwise failed retention will result in loss of total population.
    Uuhm, what now?

OP is mad some cause some greenhorn took his raid spot
    "I love it!" - Frank Drebin

As much as we'd all love to see new players actually know how to play their toons, you cannot dictate how other people should or shouldn't play the game. If someone only wants to (or has time to) spend hours doing IAs it is their right to do so.

You're free to choose the players joining your guild/group/raid/whatever, other players are free to choose how exactly they wish to play the game and enjoy it. You cannot force your opinions on other players, if you need more skilled people playing with you - by all means help new players learn the game, but don't limit their ways of playing it.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Instant Adventure is intended to be a viable means to level. Limiting it in this manner is not something we are likely to consider.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by sicklemehellmo View Post
    OP is mad some cause some greenhorn took his raid spot
    actually not really I have been avoiding raids because it is impossible to find raiders who know anything about doing more than dps or know any raid mechanics at all, let alone dungeon knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Instant Adventure is intended to be a viable means to level. Limiting it in this manner is not something we are likely to consider.
    but you constantly state how you want players to be more diverse with multiple role understanding and raid awareness yet IAs promote lack of such game play and perpetuate the decline in population of top end players to fill raids

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    but you constantly state how you want players to be more diverse with multiple role understanding and raid awareness
    Ultimately the best way for folks to learn these skills is for existing players to teach them. If you want more skilled raiders, help train up new energetic folks who are willing to learn the skills they need. Then you never have to worry about running out of folks to enjoy RIFT with.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Ultimately the best way for folks to learn these skills is for existing players to teach them. If you want more skilled raiders, help train up new energetic folks who are willing to learn the skills they need. Then you never have to worry about running out of folks to enjoy RIFT with.
    While in my gameplay I have entirely supported this method as a former guild leader on wolfsbane, the top members of our guild grew increasingly impatient with the idea of going back to even RoF EM to help train the upcoming 65s for future raiding or even carry fresh 65s through dungeons

maybe my guild just went to crap and that is why i felt it time to move on I dont know but the veterans don't seem to posses the patience or energy to coach new players

I myself have not even done anything that could improve myself in 6months that I have spent training and coaching others, I am a retired US Army Sergeant and my frame of mind is that of training the newest recruits to make a stronger team, for me this is acceptable but still took a lot of energy and even fun out of the game beating my head against walls trying to help players understand even my simple method of gameplay.

Default You want "new" blood? You mean, get someone (a friend) to pay US$90 + for RIFT?

the older and newer players have made a speed grind in this game through hours of continuous IAs.
    New blood? What, maybe 0.1% of the current population? There is hardly any "new blood" - with an entry level of US$90 to do end-game raiding for the 4.0 content patch, most people would rather opt to buy 2 x AAA titles off steam.

You think friends can convince people to buy Rift and get into it right now? Surely you jest. Most guilds are just trying to keep the people they have. There's what? Like 10 hardcore guilds left, world-wide? Why do you think there's no 20 man? Not worth the effort.

If people don't want to quest (which is mind-numbingly boring after the first character), why would you want to restrict them? Why punish them when they just want to play with friends and try get some diversity by quickly leveling new classes?

The game is grindy enough, alt unfriendly enough and now you want to make it even more monotonous?

This not only presents an issue for the ease of making multiple higher level toons for trolling accounts as well as a leveling method which promotes expediant leveling without learning classes and multi spec development.
    NEWSFLASH! the game doesn't teach you to play via questing. No different to Instant Adventures. There are populated no dungeons/warfronts pre-level 65. Good luck queuing for that.

Seeing as IAs only require 7 per zone for achieves in the first ranks I think it would be appropriate to limit players to 10 quests per zone a week and 30 per Intrepid a week.

This would still satisfy the needs of the quests and achieves but without making a max level under geared no skilled player base
    Bad players will remain bad unless they research their class. Take me, for example - I jump from MMO to mmo regularly. I play the most macro-friendly specs there are. I'm not here for shiny loot. I'm here to see the raid (ONCE), but I think LFR is a dumb idea. Content needs to be challenging.

Please Ocho, Gingers, Tacitus, Dead Simon, we need your attention on this issue if this game is to dig itself back out of the grave!
    Dead things don't crawl out of graves. I like to think of RIFT as mortally wounded - give it the benefit of a doubt. Probably the only reason I still feature the game is I'm waiting for some miracle /or watch to see just how bad the PR & marketing can screw over the player-base further. Either way, it's amusing.

You want new blood?
    1. Cut down the obscene grind. Crafting, Reputation, etc. Have you seen what it takes to upgrade planar/world gear?
    2. Cut out the nickle and diming.
    (a) Yay! Jumping artifact squirrel - Oh no! obscene amounts of pellets!
    (b) US$90 for entry into Starfall Prophecy expansion. Another 30 bucks or so for minion slots, odds and ends. yeah, not exactly condusive to the game when there is better available.
    (c) FREE RIFT mobile app was "too difficult to fix". Scrapped! Hey, guys! Minions! Hey, guys! Paid for credit / only adventures. What's that? You want an option in the menu to disable them so you don't have to shuffle - sorry, can't do that!
    (d) gear with stats on store
    (e) consistency in business model. We're F2P - no barriers, except... earrings, PW. Guys, we're not getting purchases of these - ah, well, make them Voidstone achievable again - like 100k... each
    (e. i) Guys, we're B2P, with sub, with cash shop.
    (f) there are more, but I don't have time.

3. Fix regional pricing on steam - what is it? 8 weeks now, no fix?
    4. Why's RIFT crashing all the time?

Have you seen the grind a fresh level 65 faces right now to get raid 3 ready?
    You want to remove easy gear from IA?

Do what you suggest and IA will be like conquest right now. 15 players on a 200 player map - except it will be "you" and maybe one or two other people.

Oh, and for the love of god... that one Hammerknell IA with the green jumpy thingy's - remove that junk that I have to run miles to get to the boss/mobs/quest. I just leave party and requeue.

Question

so what you are saying is our biggest problem is having to pay for the instant 65 and any other content that might generate revenue which would trickle over to subs and B2P and that will make people want to play more because they can sit in IAs everyday and probably never find a reason to justify paying for anything as they have no exposure to anything that might give them a reason to invest?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast