+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Planar Fragments

Default Planar Fragments

Planar fragment system for 4.0 seems very interesting. I heard from some old players from Rift that are intrigued about playing the game again now.

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    Planar fragment system for 4.0 seems very interesting. I heard from some old players from Rift that are intrigued about playing the game again now.
    Intrigued enough to spend £30.49 to try it out?

shp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Man, you gotta stop it. They made a decision to make new xpack B2P, you don't like it, but many others do. You'd be surprised that for some it is actually the main reason to come back.

Barring any hidden p2w, planar fragments and all new gear related systems look good to me.

Champion

I am seeing a lot of old players coming back..far from a hurdle..they are playing and intend buying the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by shp View Post
    You'd be surprised that for some it is actually the main reason to come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    I am seeing a lot of old players coming back..far from a hurdle..they are playing and intend buying the pack.
    Whereas I know of another EU guild that folded this week, with this expansion being the reason that around 50% of them decided to stop playing.
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 08-27-2016 at 05:29 AM.

Whereas I know of another EU guild that folded this week, with this expansion being the reason that around 50% of them decided to stop playing.
    I have seen the exact opposite on the NA servers. I have seen a couple who "claim" to be quitting but continue to play every day.

On the topic of the Planar Fragments these looks really cool and I like some of the new ideas for equipment progression coming out in this expansion.

... people come, people go ... this is kinda like advertising business - if they can get very small percentage of people to buy, then they did there job. considering that there are like millions? billions? ... of potential players out there, troin has nothing to worry about people coming and going ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

The price wasn't the problem in their opinion. A lot are happy about the b2p aspect of the new expansion. There was concern that ear ring slots should become free after 4.0 though.

I spent 60 and would spend more if they had a pack with even more goodys.if y dont want to play anymore just go play something else.

[QUOTE=Meteorblade;5240210]Whereas I know of another EU guild that folded this week, with this expansion being the reason that around 50% of them decided to stop playing.[/QUOTE

A guild of freeloaders and broke fr sure há ha ha.dont even want to give out 40 bucks to continue playING is not a player that values the game or the comunity só in my e yes thx fr going.

The key factor is where PW:W and Earring slots fall into place. Even if they can be obtained by grinding again in-game, they should still be included in the expansion purchase.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. (™)

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    The key factor is where PW:W and Earring slots fall into place. Even if they can be obtained by grinding again in-game, they should still be included in the expansion purchase.
    If you look in the services tab in the rift store you can see that both of these items can be bought for 50 K void stones each. This change has been in place for a few weeks now. Since most people have void stones in the hundreds of thousands and new players can get them coming out of the starting zones, and they are practically falling from the sky if you do storyline quests and nmr's, I can't really see much of a problem for any player to obtain these items in a relatively short time frame.

Thunder
    Last edited by thunder 1; 08-28-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder 1 View Post
    If you look in the services tab in the rift store you can see that both of these items can be bought for 50 K void stones each. This change has been in place for a few weeks now. Since most people have void stones in the hundreds of thousands and new players can get them coming out of the starting zones, and they are practically falling from the sky if you do storyline quests and nmr's, I can't really see much of a problem for any player to obtain these items in a relatively short time frame.

Thunder
    The point of the argument is that maintaining the "freemium" system while claiming yourself to be "buy to play" is deceptive and exploits their consumers.

There are many players that still don't trust Trion to commit to an actual "buy to play" model and are afraid they will continue to use micro-transactions on top of charging for the expansion.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Agreed. I think Rift should follow the formula of some other older mmos and just have the current expansion for b2p and the previous ones should become f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by shp View Post
    They made a decision to make new xpack B2P, you don't like it, but many others do. You'd be surprised that for some it is actually the main reason to come back.
    Whereas for others it's the reason to stop...

Quote Originally Posted by Heymom View Post
    Guess ill pass on this exp then.. Since i have a lot of plat and recruit a friend tokens etc.. cba to spend RL money to see if trion made this game worth playing again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast