+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Dear Trion....Played for five years and still happy.

Smile

I've played since beta, and everyday I find something new to do after all these years Thanks Trion.

Kinda interesting to see all of these "coming back" and "still happy" threads popping up on the forums shortly after the expansion announcement.

Imi
    Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Kinda interesting to see all of these "coming back" and "still happy" threads popping up on the forums shortly after the expansion announcement.
    To be honest, it was the Legion 7.0 patch that convinced me to scratch my MMO itch again. So I tried WoW for a few weeks, was mortified at how trivialized the game had become, so I thought I'd check out Rift again. I haven't been here for at least 4-5 years, and I am very pleasantly surprised to see that the game is still really, really good.

Ewa
    Rift Disciple

Default I enjoy the game.

Keep up the good work Trion. I've enjoyed playing for the past couple of years.

Continue to make raids. that's why I play.

i think Trion is doing a terrible job pvpwise but since i love complaining i'm pretty happy too.

Thanks !

Default Me too!

I really like Rift, esp since they cleaned up the graphics. I do most everything I can, rather too slowly for some I suppose, except pvp and raid (2 big areas of the game I know have issues because my partner and dad are pvp'ers and endgamers). AND Slipmat: yes way too many positive vibes love it! Surprised the nay-say'ers have not invaded the thread. Maybe it's like throwing water on the Wicked Witch of the East, afraid they'll melt.
    Main: Branwenluned@US-Faeblight, FEM dwarf cleric, dps/heal souls
    Alt: Brigantea@US-Faeblight, FEM Eth Mage, dps souls

Main: Deidrascarletin@EU-Blightweild, FEM dwarf rogue, dps souls
    Alt: Eileanoir@EU-Typhiria, FEM Eth warrior, dps/tank souls

The smaller the mind the greater the arrogance. - Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by Imi View Post
    To be honest, it was the Legion 7.0 patch that convinced me to scratch my MMO itch again. So I tried WoW for a few weeks, was mortified at how trivialized the game had become, so I thought I'd check out Rift again. I haven't been here for at least 4-5 years, and I am very pleasantly surprised to see that the game is still really, really good.
    Out of curiosity, you hit level cap in Rift yet?

Imi
    Ascendant

Out of curiosity, you hit level cap in Rift yet?
    Not yet, but I'm not in a rush.

I was at the cap a few months after the release, though.
    Last edited by Imi; 08-25-2016 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imi View Post
    Not yet, but I'm not in a rush.

I was at the cap a few months after the release, though.
    I'd be curious to hear what you think after you've been cap for a while.

Ascendant

Well I think most MMO's suffer from a lack of things to do at end game other than "raid" or "pvp" but in that I think Rift is positioned better than most MMO's. Raiding here is more flexible, not to different from WoW really especially with LFR coming. You also have tiers of raids now. Beyond that you have dimensions and other non combat related activities to do in Rift at end game that you don't have in any other MMO. So in essence I guess my point is that Rift is at worst not worse off than any other MMO. But in reality is much better due to a much greater variety of activities.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Well I think most MMO's suffer from a lack of things to do at end game other than "raid" or "pvp" but in that I think Rift is positioned better than most MMO's. Raiding here is more flexible, not to different from WoW really especially with LFR coming. You also have tiers of raids now. Beyond that you have dimensions and other non combat related activities to do in Rift at end game that you don't have in any other MMO. So in essence I guess my point is that Rift is at worst not worse off than any other MMO. But in reality is much better due to a much greater variety of activities.
    Well unfortunately raiding is quite different. That's not what I'm after though. Imi said that content had been trivialized in WoW but they haven't reached in game content in Rift. I want to know how they feel about Rift content in that respect once they've had a chance to spend time on it. This is all working on the assumption that Imi has actually engaged in endgame content in WoW.

Imi
    Ascendant

I don't live under the pretense that "the real game doesn't start until you are at the level cap" like a lot of people seem to do.

To me, that just encourages a mentality of racing through content just so you can repetitively do the last 1% and complain about how easy and repetitive it is (everything gets easy with repetition). I would rather be challenged at all points in the game, not just in some end-game raid.

I left Rift long ago because I saw it start a trend in nerfing PVE content, which made me think they were going down the same horrible road as WoW. It's why I left WoW in the first place. Now, 5 years later, Rift is only marginally easier than it was while WoW has become a complete joke.

Would I like Rift to be more challenging? Of course. But is it a more challenging and enjoyable than WoW? Without a doubt.
    Last edited by Imi; 08-25-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Imi
    Ascendant

Well unfortunately raiding is quite different. That's not what I'm after though. Imi said that content had been trivialized in WoW but they haven't reached in game content in Rift. I want to know how they feel about Rift content in that respect once they've had a chance to spend time on it. This is all working on the assumption that Imi has actually engaged in endgame content in WoW.
    I ran an end-game raiding guild in Burning Crusade, <Exalted> on medivh. The guild broke up early in LK over drama (naturally), but the raiding game at that point had already become far easier than it was in BC. This was long before the eventual introduction of LFR and the spoon-feeding of raid content to everyone.

I check in from time to time, some really good people I met back when. Glad to see people still loving Rift.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Rift Chaser

Thanks for all your posts. Nice to see so many positive replies. I have played many MMO's going right back to Meridian59 and still think Rift has been and is the best.
    Last edited by Nicstrand; 08-26-2016 at 02:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast