Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: SFP Livestream Summary - 8/6/16

Soulwalker

Default SFP Livestream Summary - 8/6/16

2 polished, great dungeons
    1 fire-based, 1 life-based.
    Fire-based will be shown off at Gamescom
    Want 2 really nice, polished dungeons to show off the theme. Will absolutely be more dungeons after launch.
    Comet of Ankhet is more like a 'prequel' to the expansion. All lore needed will be provided in the expansion.
    Simon referred to everyone as "Backseat Clickers" <-- Win
    Legendary points - Up to 7(?) abilities per soul depending on how deep you go into the soul.
    Not just a small bonus, a very thorough, integrated system.
    Not new abilities, upgraded previous abilities
    Bull Rush - 3m range, you charge them and knock them back, does something and then rushes them again
    Bladedancer Rhythms - up to 2 if you upgrade 61 point ability
    BM ability will improve crit rate for all other souls
    New starter quest hub is Alittu [Uh-lee-too]. Not a new hub. Tempest Bay is still the primary hub.
    Team up with Kobolds in Gedlo Badlands
    Team up with some of the original heroes
    Top of Tenebrean Schism will be post-release (4.1)
    All dynamic content all the time
    Firesand beach from Shimmersand (XP Beach!) turned up x20
    Want to see the reaction to the new content and finish developing TS based on response.
    Level 65 boost preorder bonus will be at launch
    There will be a headstart launch for SFP
    Opie is NOT account-wide
    Fortress Sieges NOT PvP. Progresses from being single player, to group, to raid.
    New zone event mechanic
    Planar Assault Adventures
    Queue through IA window, takes you to 'the other side' of Rifts to close them. Expansion isn't directly in the planes, Planar Assault adventures will take you to the plane.
    Zone sizes will be shown off at Gamescom
    No new warfront at launch
    A lot of new metachanges to PVP with legendary abilities, etc. Want to evaluate those changes before PvP plans finalized.
    "Some cool stuff coming"
    Planar Fragments are a new way to customize gear SLOTS. It does not customize the gear itself. Will be a separate livestream on it.
    Active Upgrades
    Equipment can be upgraded through activities out in the world.
    Examples: A helmet that will be upgraded after closing 10 Rifts. A crafted item could be upgraded by completing a raid. A PvP item could require killing 1000 elves.
    Eternal items are extremely rare. These items will change the way you play the game. Color is an aqua blue, new tooltip frame.
    A lot to be announced - dimensions, crafting, guild features
    Biggest reason for paid expansion is to focus on creating awesome content and less on how to piece meal that content. Rift store isn't changing. Expansion will not be sold for credits, they really want to support the team for their hard work.
    New raid will be released with 4.1. New raid is 10-man. Focus moving forward is 10man, no 20man raids currently planned.
    Future stream about LFR
    4 more Primal souls still being planned, "in the process of working"
    Misc.
    Sparkle quests will continue, one for 65 and one for 70 (not at launch)
    Gear jump will be significant
    No Planewalker: Water equivalent
    More details on gear to come in the future
    SFP purchase is required to level past 65 and access new zones.
    Earrings/PW:W are not currently included in expansion but is being discussed internally
    There IS a release date, not ready to tell the date yet.
    Masteries are not going away
    64-bit client alpha was delayed because client is 2x size of old client and made the build times way to long. Engineers working to reduce that time. Expected to release with SFP.
    Everything on website is not all the new stuff coming (ie Chronicles).
    LFR will "help the less expert players out" ie teaching them
    What are they most excited about?
    Ginger: Animations
    Archonix: Legendary abilities
    Simon: Puzzles! Will put previous puzzles to shame. Wants to ruin friendships.
    Last edited by Emmalela; 08-06-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Default Thanks

Thanks for summarizing this, I will shamelessly copy and paste my earlier thoughts on the Livestream in this thread, since I feel it adds directly to the thread topic:

I missed the live feed and watched it post-release. Here is what I heard and my opinion:

- New expansion confirmed to be B2P model. "Biggest reason is we wanted to spend all our time making some pretty awesome content (where) we won't have to worry about piece mealing it out. We heard your feedback, you guys didn't like the earring stuff and couple of other things so we figured hey make an awesome expansion, put it out, if they want to play it, let em buy it"

Overall the reasoning makes sense to me.

- "We wouldn't do stuff like you - unlock planar fragments for X amount of credits or X dollars"

So this seems to imply credits will no longer be required to obtain the SFP versions of cosmic fragments and Planar Stablizers to open loot lockboxes containing BIS planar essences. This is some welcome news and would potentially remove a significant P2W portion from the cash shop.

- "Rift will still have the standard monetization they've had in the past (Ie: lockboxes are not going away)".

This is a fairly subjective statement so I'm hoping this can be clarified and expanded on further. It appears to imply all other item types (outside of cosmic fragments and Planar Stabilizers) will still be sold in the cash shop for credits.

- "There is still going to be a pretty robust store in-game, general philosophy hasn't changed, this is for this content (statement seem to get interrupted before finishing)"

Again, hopefully this get clarified and expanded on further.

- Expansion will not be sold for credits as it is categorized as "Premium DLC". No current plans to support purchase of expansion by credits (confirmed in another forum post as well)

I have mixed feelings on this but they maintain this is the only way they can be properly compensated for 18 months development time on the expansion. Ultimately, I respect their decision on this.

- Crafted recipes obtained that are tradeable can be given to players who do not have the expansion.

I'm assuming this applies to other tradeable items as well.

- No Current plans to include earring slots and planewalker attunement with expansion (although it is something they are discussing internally).

Guess we'll have to wait and see what their final decision will be on this.

- 64 bit Alpha has been delayed a bit, but are still planning to have it fully live by 4.0 patch release.

Sounds good

- New 10 man raid and LFR is in the works but will not be released at launch to allow more time for further testing from the raid development team. Aiming for release patch 4.1. 10 man raids are the main direction for Rift right now (no new 20 man raids in their schedule).

Releasing the expansion initally with no new Raid could be an issue for some, but I'd rather they take the time to do it right and not rush a buggy release.

I am also disappointed that the live feed did not cover any planned changes for Patron, specifically whether features that were removed from players and given to patrons only will be restored. Hopefully this will be clarified soon.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Amythist View Post
    Team up with Cobalts in Gedlo Badlands
    I believe that is Kobolds not cobalts.

General of Telara

i wonder, where is difference between direct pay and pay for credits? I mean, credits are bought for real cash, but you can't buy xpac for them. Also, as i see no raid on start, so what, you hit lvl 70 and run 2 dungeons? 18 months of development... it's really promising xpac

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    18 months of development... it's really promising xpac
    18(Cpt Cursor and the artists probably) months only refers to teams people who are working that long on this expansion.
    The dungeon/raid team probably began like after the release of CoA to work on the expansion means they are working like 6 months for the 2 dungeons (and the raid).

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Night Dream View Post
    18(Cpt Cursor and the artists probably) months only refers to teams people who are working that long on this expansion.
    The dungeon/raid team probably began like after the release of CoA to work on the expansion means they are working like 6 months for the 2 dungeons (and the raid).
    maybe i was unclear in my post, 18 months it's way exaggerated number by Trion (we get 2 dungs and 5 new zones, raid still in works and not come with xpac), considering few months ago someone telling they have biggest team of all time working on Rift

Ascendant

maybe i was unclear in my post, 18 months it's way exaggerated number by Trion (we get 2 dungs and 5 new zones, raid still in works and not come with xpac), considering few months ago someone telling they have biggest team of all time working on Rift
    Actually it's 2 dungeons and 4 zones, as the Tenebrean Schism will not be available at launch.

Sparkle quests will continue, one for 65 and one for 70 (not at launch)
    Really hope they would give enough time for people to do the raids and progress before releasing the lvl 70 sparkle quest and not right when 4.1 hits.

Also, as i see no raid on start, so what, you hit lvl 70 and run 2 dungeons? 18 months of development... it's really promising xpac
    I would much rather have them do more work on the raids and polish them up and releasing it later in the xpac than to have them push everything out at once. Besides, with the new legendary abilities coming, you can take time to level and work on those new rotations.

Champion

Default Death of the 20s?

The elimination of 20 man raids seems like a gut punch maybe even a death blow to me in Rift. I have been here running a guild since the game launched and where so many other guilds have come and gone we have remained and kept raiding. We are a guild that is built for 20 mans and have always prided ourselves on that. To hear that this is just dropped like this is awful awful news. I do not see how my guild will survive in current form. We have always juggled tens as best we could with our focus on the 20s. Was there any discussion with guilds about this? Were there any requests for feedback? I know there are a lot of people who have spent a ton of time on this game who will probably feel the same way about this. It will further gut the raiding guilds in the game, unless I am missing something. Can we get an explanation for this? Is it true there will be no new twenty mans (and if we never say never is the answer will there be any in the next 18 months)?

This is big news and a lot to process. I am so bummed. We have been here through all the ups and downs and now we might be forced to find a new game.

New raid will be released with 4.1. New raid is 10-man. Focus moving forward is 10man, no 20man raids currently planned.
    This decision alone will pretty much kill off the few remaining raiding guilds.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    Can we get an explanation for this? Is it true there will be no new twenty mans (and if we never say never is the answer will there be any in the next 18 months)?
    The 10 man comes with 4.1(Q1(/Q2) 2017) after that probably an other 10 man cause 20 man not planned so you are looking at no 20man raid in the next 12-18 months probably.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by YellowYellow View Post
    Really hope they would give enough time for people to do the raids and progress before releasing the lvl 70 sparkle quest and not right when 4.1 hits.

I would much rather have them do more work on the raids and polish them up and releasing it later in the xpac than to have them push everything out at once. Besides, with the new legendary abilities coming, you can take time to level and work on those new rotations.
    i don't say they should push unfinished stuff, but i try to find that amazing xpac we all should buy, but really, we get pretty nothing, and legendary skills just some passive stuff to empower off soul abilities and give some additional stuff (hooray for hybrids?)

Soulwalker

i don't say they should push unfinished stuff, but i try to find that amazing xpac we all should buy, but really, we get pretty nothing, and legendary skills just some passive stuff to empower off soul abilities and give some additional stuff (hooray for hybrids?)
    In all fairness, the legendary abilities is not "passive stuff" from what we know so far. Sure, they could be using the best examples and the other 250+ legendary abilities not yet revealed will suck, but I doubt it. They thoroughly change 5-7 abilities per soul, it's not a simple "2% more damage."

Yeah, the two dungeons for launch sucks, but I'm willing to give them a chance because 6 dungeons at NMT launch sucked after 2-3 months of grinding them, I won't even get into how awful it is 18 months later. I would rather 2-3 new dungeons a year over the next 2 years that provide higher difficulty than the same dungeons at launch. Sure, there's no guarantee that will happen (although they did confirm more dungeons are absolutely coming post 4.0) but I prefer trying something different than the same thing we've been doing for the past 5 years.

Not to mention, Trion said repeatedly in the stream that there is a focus on open world content and alternate ways to level. There's 2 new ways of upgrading gear. There's the Fortress Sieges, Planar Assaults and 5 large new zones. There's undeniably a renewed focus on open world content. Will it work out? That remains to be seen but I feel it's definitely time for a change.

Only 2 new dungeons is the biggest disappointment, no doubt. No more 20-man raids sucks for those guilds that have survived the odds but a lot of people don't raid because it's twice as hard to coordinate/organize 20 man raids over 10 man raids, I think this change will open up the raiding scene more. Not to mention 20-man raids organized via LFR sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

General of Telara

In all fairness, the legendary abilities is not "passive stuff" from what we know so far. Sure, they could be using the best examples and the other 250+ legendary abilities not yet revealed will suck, but I doubt it. They thoroughly change 5-7 abilities per soul, it's not a simple "2% more damage."

Yeah, the two dungeons for launch sucks, but I'm willing to give them a chance because 6 dungeons at NMT launch sucked after 2-3 months of grinding them, I won't even get into how awful it is 18 months later. I would rather 2-3 new dungeons a year over the next 2 years that provide higher difficulty than the same dungeons at launch. Sure, there's no guarantee that will happen (although they did confirm more dungeons are absolutely coming post 4.0) but I prefer trying something different than the same thing we've been doing for the past 5 years.

Not to mention, Trion said repeatedly in the stream that there is a focus on open world content and alternate ways to level. There's 2 new ways of upgrading gear. There's the Fortress Sieges, Planar Assaults and 5 large new zones. There's undeniably a renewed focus on open world content. Will it work out? That remains to be seen but I feel it's definitely time for a change.

Only 2 new dungeons is the biggest disappointment, no doubt. No more 20-man raids sucks for those guilds that have survived the odds but a lot of people don't raid because it's twice as hard to coordinate/organize 20 man raids over 10 man raids, I think this change will open up the raiding scene more. Not to mention 20-man raids organized via LFR sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
    from legendary abilities in other tread, they are not very appealing, more dmg for arb? just what it needs, increased gcd for assasin for increased buffs lenght? buff to non druid spells on druid?

let me ask, how many times you run Rhazzade? cause i missed that in your response

open world content, more onslaught type things that were pretty ignored in NT? i get this impression from their names

yes, new ways to upgrade, close 10 rifts, do a raid, and such, i just wait, till there will be something like win 5 wf for people who don't like pvp, or other similar things, also, we don't know how good it will be, maybe just minor increase for min/maxers

as for LFR, it's dead cause, and i'm not going talk about it again (i did long ago in other treads)

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    The elimination of 20 man raids seems like a gut punch maybe even a death blow to me in Rift. I have been here running a guild since the game launched and where so many other guilds have come and gone we have remained and kept raiding. We are a guild that is built for 20 mans and have always prided ourselves on that. To hear that this is just dropped like this is awful awful news. I do not see how my guild will survive in current form. We have always juggled tens as best we could with our focus on the 20s. Was there any discussion with guilds about this? Were there any requests for feedback? I know there are a lot of people who have spent a ton of time on this game who will probably feel the same way about this. It will further gut the raiding guilds in the game, unless I am missing something. Can we get an explanation for this? Is it true there will be no new twenty mans (and if we never say never is the answer will there be any in the next 18 months)?

This is big news and a lot to process. I am so bummed. We have been here through all the ups and downs and now we might be forced to find a new game.
    I felt the exact same way.

EDIT: not to mention we also are a guild built for 20 men. We were so hyped hearing from Starfall Prophecy then you hear this... As far as I'm concerned, it was a really hard punch in the face.
    Last edited by Badd; 08-07-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    Badd@Brisesol - 9/9 MoM - CoA 6/6 HM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast