+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: If you don't buy SFP, can you still access the new zones and level to 70?

Soulwalker

I have bought alot of the content i pre-ordered the nightmare tide, and love cosmetics in games i have no problem with supporting a game, but when that game dishonestly changes their game from free to buy to play, what next back to you have to pay??? is that next and you can say "Oh No we would never do that" but you already said that about Free to play, well never make you pay for dungeons or zones, you said it on first F2p live stream, but now it is "we are done doing peace meal" yeah well im done buying things from Trion thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Boozebbad View Post
    I have bought alot of the content i pre-ordered the nightmare tide, and love cosmetics in games i have no problem with supporting a game, but when that game dishonestly changes their game from free to buy to play, what next back to you have to pay??? is that next and you can say "Oh No we would never do that" but you already said that about Free to play, well never make you pay for dungeons or zones, you said it on first F2p live stream, but now it is "we are done doing peace meal" yeah well im done buying things from Trion thank you
    That was three years ago...

http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...-free-to-play/

...times change, no?

F2P itself was a change.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Proclus_Lycaeus View Post
    Yes, I have principles ... and l33t computer building skills.
    Is the water block from the Titan X used to cool or heat up the cup of tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Kendun View Post
    Trion is stepping up and charging for their product. They have put time, effort, and resources into creating the product, and now it's time to get paid. That's how a sustainable industry functions. It's the best thing that could happen to the software industry, and I hope other publishers move back to this model as well. Free = more "customers" but most of those will value the game at exactly the price they paid for it. Nothing.

So yeah, you want new product, you buy it. If you don't buy it, you don't get it. If the product is good people will buy it and it will grow. If people don't buy it, it will die. A better product will take its place.
    no they havent.

every single raid for the past 3 years has been horribly buggy.
    they have alienated their playerbase by false promises.
    they have shown that they dont care for ANY endgame activity (raiding or pvp)
    they ONLY care about puzzles and artifacts. (lucky draw artifacts for credits and 15000 platinum for callweddi, anyone remembers??)

well i'd say, if you like ARTIFACTS and PUZZLES (like boase) then this is the perfect game for you!!!!

otherwise, tough luck bro.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Quote Originally Posted by WildKatt View Post
    why not just buy the xpack rather than spend 3x as much on a new monitor
    because other games are fun??

also you did NOT just try and FORCE him to change his choices. someone who does that is worse than hitler.

you dont get to tell other people what to play.

its his money, HE decides how to spend it.

also the way you said it, right now, if someone was leaning a bit towards buying rift... they'd stop and get a new monitor instead.

thanks for the push, he really needed it.
    a.k.a. slap matt

Quote Originally Posted by WildKatt View Post
    Ive claimed to quit probably like 3x now... but i keep coming back. I just haven't gotten into raiding... not until they fix preserver.... lol
    thats because you're weak and lack will power? not exactly a plus point, imo
    a.k.a. slap matt

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    According to what Trion said lately, you pay for the xpac so there is no PW:W and no earring slots to buy - which means that for anything else you will still have to pay. So there is no change at all, except the mandatory entrance fee they added.

When you read what they're saying their route is quite obvious. Example: people bought credits and REX with cash, but this cash is no longer good enough, because "they worked hard the last 18 months", and therefore you cannot buy the xpac with credits. You will see the same direction of argument when they release the next soul pack, a new belly button equip slot, or whatever - they worked hard for it, so you will have to pay for it. The 40 or 60 bucks for the xpac are only the entrance fee for 4.0, nothing more.

No idea how many of their player base will accept this new model. It might be the death of Rift, or a lot of people might be attracted by it becoming B2P, so the game will flourish again. Who knows?
    I'm all for this 'B2P'. I love that stuff. Big new zone filled with content? Let me get out my $15-20 (or $20-30 for extra fluff with it). New souls? Hmm one or two of them look interesting, let me pay. Long questline that is interesting throughout, including fun areas and compelling gameplay and nice rewards of both fluff and stats? I've already jumped for it.

But not with the level of dipping the Trion puts on everything else. Oh, I have to log in to seeing mounts constantly on lockboxes? Wonderful. I'll be over here not spending money on your DLC now, since I'd prefer those mounts be rewarded through gameplay or direct purchases.

EDIT: For the record, I've always preferred the idea of selling Nightmare Tide as content DLC, even if Lv 1-60 content remained free and subscription was optional.
    F2P in RIFT was okay..ish...enough in 2013, then got grating but kinda acceptable in 2014 pre-NT, then went clearly downhill since.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 08-07-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    That was three years ago...

http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...-free-to-play/

...times change, no?

F2P itself was a change.
    At this state then, I wonder why they do not charge us by the minute we are log in. This is a change too right?

A special designed timer will pop up every 5 minutes to remind you that if you want to proceed your adventures you must contribute 4,99$ or 2,99$ if you are Patron.

"You want to do instances or raids? Now only for this weekend with 9,99$ or 6,99$ you can do one full run and you also support the devs to eliminate random bugs that may appear".

They of course offer you easy payment if you connect your credit card to the Trion's bank account. That way you save your time with the pop up messenger for awhile.

You only need to check your card to be fully charged with 3.000,00$ per month for the casual player, 5.000,00$ for the supporter pack, 7.000.00$ for the premium pack and 10.000,00$ for the ultimate pack !

Does this sound like a good "changing" plan to save the game for you then?
    Last edited by Oldar; 08-08-2016 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Is the water block from the Titan X used to cool or heat up the cup of tea?
    Not yet. That is still my GTX 980 with an EKWB block. That will be moved over to my wife's computer, who still plays Rift now and again, when the Titan X comes in. I'll have to run a soft tube bypass, because it will take another 2 or so weeks for Aquacomputer to make the new water block for the new Titan X. Once that comes in, I'll rip off the stock cooler off the Titan X, install the water block, then rip out the soft tubing bypass and replumb the pump to GPU and GPU to CPU links with hardline acrylic.

The coffee mug is just some swag that I have when I do giveaways for my #motovlog channel on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/c/47KnuckleheadMotovlogs
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 08-08-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Oldar View Post
    At this state then, I wonder why they do not charge us by the minute we are log in. This is a change too right?

A special designed timer will pop up every 5 minutes to remind you that if you want to proceed your adventures you must contribute 4,99$ or 2,99$ if you are Patron.

"You want to do instances or raids? Now only for this weekend with 9,99$ or 6,99$ you can do one full run and you also support the devs to eliminate random bugs that may appear".

They of course offer you easy payment if you connect your credit card to the Trion's bank account. That way you save your time with the pop up messenger for awhile.

You only need to check your card to be fully charged with 3.000,00$ per month for the casual player, 5.000,00$ for the supporter pack, 7.000.00$ for the premium pack and 10.000,00$ for the ultimate pack !

Does this sound like a good "changing" plan to save the game for you then?
    Back in the days, we used to be charged by the minute to access the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Back in the days, we used to be charged by the minute to access the internet.
    Heh, it was funny (not haha, but some haha) with things like Prodigy where folks would enter premium areas not entirely aware of just how much those areas would cost them...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Champion

Not yet. That is still my GTX 980 with an EKWB block. That will be moved over to my wife's computer, who still plays Rift now and again, when the Titan X comes in. I'll have to run a soft tube bypass, because it will take another 2 or so weeks for Aquacomputer to make the new water block for the new Titan X. Once that comes in, I'll rip off the stock cooler off the Titan X, install the water block, then rip out the soft tubing bypass and replumb the pump to GPU and GPU to CPU links with hardline acrylic.

The coffee mug is just some swag that I have when I do giveaways for my #motovlog channel on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/c/47KnuckleheadMotovlogs
    I bow to our computer building overlord. I wish you could come to my house and fix my computer issues. At the moment, I'm just throwing money at it hoping something will stick somewhere and the problems will disappear!

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

Shadowlander

Yes, I have principles ... and l33t computer building skills.

Attachment 28680
    he's got a coffee maker in his computer! D:!!!!
    Last edited by deus69xxx; 08-08-2016 at 10:14 AM. Reason: well, that didn't show the picture :|
    Proper punctuation: "i helped my uncle, jack, off a horse yesterday."
    Proper capitalization: "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse yesterday."
    What most people do in MMO chat: "i helped my uncle jack off a horse yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by deus69xxx View Post
    he's got a coffee maker in his computer! D:!!!!
    It's for those late night Raids that never seem to end.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Archonix also addressed why the shift now to a 'buy to play' policy, they tried giving away Expansions for free (Nightmare Tide, 5 new zones etc) and decided to charge people for stuff like earring slots and Planewalker: water.

Of course the entitled felt that as they got an Expansion for nothing they were entitled to get everything for nothing so they cried and cried about earrings.

This is now why it's back to paying for Expansions, don't want to pay? then you can't access the new shiny, it could have been a case of getting Starfall Prophecy for free, same as NT, and then charging for some other item to recoup the costs, guess Trion didn't want to have to deal with the rivers of tears again so here we are, pay up, get it all.
    edit: Not to mention the fact they obviously *forgot* loyalty at all.

When this is their thinking I miss PW:W and earring slots in the new SFP package, Slipmat.

When NTE/WF stopped being stackable for non-patrons, people said, hey expansions are free!
    Now you have a monthly fee, a shop, PW:W and earring slots plus expansion costing AAA game money. Not to mention all kind of slots like bags, chars etc.

When I imagine a new guy, just buying this SFP pack and missing earrings, pw:w, bagslots, bankslots etc.. I can't picture him a happy guy.
    Last edited by Bingzhu; 08-08-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    Voices - Bingzhu - Schroedinger

I hear voices in my head - They council me
    They understand - They talk to me
    .... .- - . ..-. ..- .-..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast