+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 4.0 Release date "Spoiler"?

Default 4.0 Release date "Spoiler"?

Sounds about right, obviously subject to change. Only shows up at checkout...

What do you think?

4.0 Release date "Spoiler"?-sp-release-date.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

I would assume that is the correct target date.

Well hopefully support gets around to my ticket to purchase some time before 50day mark becomes a issue for me. Cant purchase the expansion and with support avenues narrowed down to just 1 options this is looking bleak to me.
    Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.

November 16th is a Wednesday... I'd say that's a nice find.

inb4 Trion changes the date so they can say that's wrong :P

Last edited by Artewig; 08-05-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Plane Walker

all that hard work by ocho not to give it away
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

If that's the date then it's around 100 days worth of tickets to get the mount. So it may be possible to get two for people who want one for an alt, though you wouldn't get the bag or the little mystery box that is probably full of nothing important.

As they said on the live stream, they're not going to release anywhere around Christmas. Dec 31 is a placeholder.

Ascendant

Nov 16 I think its a bit to late. I think its gonna be the last week in October. This may sound odd but Trion is a big sponsor of Extra Life. And releasing it after Extra Life would seem strange since alot of people are playing the game for extra life (a good chance to capitalize on selling the expansion). The week OF would be foolish because if there are bugs (spoiler: there will be bugs, there are always bugs) its much harder to launch an expansion and do a 24 hour event. So I think it won't be the 2nd of November or anytime after. My guess is October 26th.

Now if things are going poorly in terms of scheduling they can always run an open beta the weekend of Extra Life (they did this once before, I believe for Storm Legion). But I think getting it out before to entice people to buy the expansion to play during EL is not a bad idea.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 08-07-2016 at 04:05 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

It's Fall, so it won't be December.
    Storm Legion was the 13th of November for me, so the 16th is most definitely not out of the question. Nice find
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

RIFT - March 1
    From the Embers (Ember Isle) - November 16
    Storm Legion (Dendrome pushed back to earlier next year?) - November 13
    Song of Dreams (new Ember Isle hub; another hub released earlier next year) - November 6
    Nightmare Tide - October 22
    Into the Wilds (Planetouched Wilds) - October 7
    Starfall Prophecy - ?

Based on this:
    -August obviously not happening
    -September doesn't seem like enough for these Starfall tokens
    -October is possible. Prepare for this.
    -November is possible. Count on this being the latest.
    -December won't happen, as it is too close to the holidays. At most, release will be pushed back from the original intended date range, to early December.
    -Trion focuses on Spring and Fall major content releases, and Fall for expansions. Winter gets some things but they're not the more major (usually). Summer is a relative lull.

So... we got ~2-3 months, with I suppose some chance of ~4.

Spend August wrapping up whatever Nightmare Tidey you're doing, and September preparing for the expansion. Then sit tight, enjoying Autumn Harvest.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 08-07-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Champion of Telara

I still think it will be mid Nov. It's between events, it is around when all the other expansions have dropped, early enough to allow for any catastrophic issues to be corrected before the Holiday season starts in NA, and a nice shoe-in for Pre-Christmas advertising
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by SmidgesToe View Post
    I still think it will be mid Nov. It's between events, it is around when all the other expansions have dropped, early enough to allow for any catastrophic issues to be corrected before the Holiday season starts in NA, and a nice shoe-in for Pre-Christmas advertising
    Yeah I'm *so far* going with that.

September-October: Autumn Harvest and expansion prep
    November-December: Release and Fae Yule and more about the leveling (Lv 65-70) content
    January-February: More about the initial ('T1' Lv 70) endgame content*
    March-April: Carnival of the Ascended and at least approaching towards further ('T2' Lv 70) endgame content
    And so on with Summerfest, T2, and going towards whatever 'mid-expansion' stuff they wanna do.

*I mean stuff like releasing the rest of the last zone, a possible 20-man raid, hopefully more (expert) dungeons than the initial 2 (leveling?) ones. You know, that sorta stuff.
    Carnival tends to be the 'congrats Ascended for saving the world in the initial round of adventures of this version of the game!' sorta thing, so I'd hope that things like the rest of the final zone and most of the T1 raids release by the end of March (it may or may not be updated to have content for the newer zones though; that may wait until 2017+).
    Last edited by Maeloda; 08-07-2016 at 10:05 PM.

Let's not forget poor October, the whole month spent testing SP inside out, back to front.......i hope

i cant wait for this to hit the PTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast