+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: In Regards to Starfall Prophecy...

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3

    Thumbs down In Regards to Starfall Prophecy...

    How many years will I have to wait before the game is Free to Play again?
    I had to bum around for about a year before Storm Legion content eventually melted into the game before being actually able to play it again.
    I can't afford to put even a dollar into the game. I expect Free to Play, not a paywall when the expansion comes out.

    To Clarify my issues here: The new expansion comes out, and the new content isn't accessible unless you pay the 50 Dollars or whatever. The vast majority of the playerbase (more than 80% of people playing) gets it, moves on, meanwhile I'm stuck with a level cap of 65 and can't progress any further; Paywall'd. You are disowned in every ****ing group you belong to in game and are left behind to rot because you can't pay the troll toll.
    Last edited by PkFireAlpha; 08-05-2016 at 07:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander Xsile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PkFireAlpha View Post
    How many years will I have to wait before the game is Free to Play again?
    I had to bum around for about a year before Storm Legion content eventually melted into the game before being actually able to play it again.
    I can't afford to put even a dollar into the game. I expect Free to Play, not a paywall when the expansion comes out.

    To Clarify my issues here: The new expansion comes out, and the new content isn't accessible unless you pay the 50 Dollars or whatever. The vast majority of the playerbase (more than 80% of people playing) gets it, moves on, meanwhile I'm stuck with a level cap of 65 and can't progress any further; Paywall'd. You are disowned in every ****ing group you belong to in game and are left behind to rot because you can't pay the troll toll.
    Agree but I call it content hostage.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xsile View Post
    Agree but I call it content hostage.
    Content Hostage!
    I love it. Perfect description, actually!

  4. #4
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    I love how people expect something for nothing.

  5. #5
    Ascendant July13th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    You would not be able to play any of Rift if they gave it all away for free. People employed by Trion have families, mortgages, and student loan payments as well. Content comes from somewhere.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander Xsile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    31

    Default

    The debate is over what content you have to pay for vs the content you do not. All agree they have to make money somewhere, that is a given and indisputable, But there are many many methods to make money that does not necessarily involve forced purchase to be a relevant player. i.e. level and zone hostages.
    Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xsile View Post
    The debate is over what content you have to pay for vs the content you do not. All agree they have to make money somewhere, that is a given and indisputable, But there are many many methods to make money that does not necessarily involve forced purchase to be a relevant player. i.e. level and zone hostages.
    No one is "forcing" you, nor can Trion keep its own content "hostage". That is just ridiculous.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    I'm surprised the thread made it this far without someone calling out OP for making a new account just to post this.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PkFireAlpha View Post
    How many years will I have to wait before the game is Free to Play again?
    I had to bum around for about a year before Storm Legion content eventually melted into the game before being actually able to play it again.
    I can't afford to put even a dollar into the game. I expect Free to Play, not a paywall when the expansion comes out.

    To Clarify my issues here: The new expansion comes out, and the new content isn't accessible unless you pay the 50 Dollars or whatever. The vast majority of the playerbase (more than 80% of people playing) gets it, moves on, meanwhile I'm stuck with a level cap of 65 and can't progress any further; Paywall'd. You are disowned in every ****ing group you belong to in game and are left behind to rot because you can't pay the troll toll.
    I think you'll find a sufficiently large percentage of the population doesn't buy the xpac. however, these players will also not be the most active.
    still, you should have plenty of other freebie players to play with.

    the more relevant complaint you touched on will be the guilds.
    guilds worth joining will want to progress. they'll want players that can progress.
    guilds that are willing to take players that cant progress, will be the guilds that aren't worth joining.

    P.S. a guild that is "worth joining" can be subjective. it depends what you expect out of a guild, and what a guild expects out of its members.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  10. #10
    Ral
    Ral is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfyre View Post
    I'm surprised the thread made it this far without someone calling out OP for making a new account just to post this.
    Or maybe they finally had something they felt worth posting about regarding the game. A persons join date on the forums is completely irrelevant to their argument. I suggest you come up with a relevant rebuttal or at the very least improve your trolling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I think you'll find a sufficiently large percentage of the population doesn't buy the xpac. however, these players will also not be the most active.
    still, you should have plenty of other freebie players to play with.
    My major concern is if Trion even intends there to be a player population restricted at 65 and how if at all they intend to support that population in addition to supporting the SFP population and if that will impact the quality of their work in SFP.

  11. #11
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    948

    Default

    well, you always can farm plat and buy xpac from someone else (i won't discuss arguments like "i have no time farm plat", "i don't know how to farm that much plat" and such), so you can get it, if you really want it. Another thing, Trion doesn't owe you or anyone else anything, so they can make game b2p, p2p or whatever they like

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I realy dislike free to play. So i like this move (or at last i ...grumph... see next)

    I totaly understand and agree for free to play player it's another slap in face and so for paying customer. I dislike the lack of respect to that.

    What it bother me it's all we can do is pay, but pay for what ? pay for pay again !

    I would love to have an opportunity to get a package with EVERYTHING in one single offer. Why the next xpact dont inclued all soul ? I would love to have the last soul pack i missed at discound price inclued in the xpac. A all in one. What it will really cost to try to do this kind of nice move ? i think people would be much more happy to buy it, and feel lot less robed.

    Sell xpac is nice, sell a full game is better. So people who come back can have everything for a reasonnable cost. And old player can get what they missed for a nice discount. Everyone happy (except free to play gamer)

    I agree to pay, but i only want to pay one for all usefull stuff do a package and discount for people who brough next xpac.

    So i bough next xpac... and i feel now i m traped because i will need the soul pack. totaly unfair.

    lol... dont try to tell me why i m wrong i will not wast my time to tell you why YOU have wrong ;)

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    well, you always can farm plat and buy xpac from someone else (i won't discuss arguments like "i have no time farm plat", "i don't know how to farm that much plat" and such), so you can get it, if you really want it. Another thing, Trion doesn't owe you or anyone else anything, so they can make game b2p, p2p or whatever they like
    funny to still be able to think it's still possible to buy rex. Do we play to the same game ? rex in one year are sold 4 time less often for 2 times the price and every day the number of rex to sold is lowered for an increase price. Every day!

    It's not reasonnable to still think it's a viable way to get thing. you need a bunch of rex. I was lucky to buy my thing with rex at old time. But now, it's just not possible anymore i could not spend 150k for get what i got for LOT less.

    Try to get 17 rex with plat for just one item in market. Yes just one ! and you ll never say this craps again. And so if you want more than one ... it's just not possible for plat dont matter how you farm
    Last edited by Lathain; 08-06-2016 at 04:33 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathain View Post
    I would love to have an opportunity to get a package with EVERYTHING in one single offer
    To go slightly off topic, somebody mentioned in 65 chat earlier that buying the Starfall Prophecy pack also unlocked earrings and planewalker: water for them as they didn't have it before.

    Of course it could have been a troll since i haven't seen any post commenting that buying a pack does indeed unlock those

  15. #15
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    My major concern is if Trion even intends there to be a player population restricted at 65 and how if at all they intend to support that population in addition to supporting the SFP population and if that will impact the quality of their work in SFP.
    I doubt you'll see any new content for the level 65s.
    what you might see is some tidying up and consolidation of the existing content.

    one of the other things to come out of the live stream was that endgame warfronts would be a 65 to 70 bracket, so at least in that area you will still be playing with everyone else. on the other hand, as a 65 you wont have the same gear/legendary abilities that some of the people you are playing with have. if we were to use current earring slots as a guide to what we might expect warfronts too look like, I think you'll see most pugs are lvl 65 players, and only at prime time in premade heavy matches (more than 1 PM per team) will you see a majority of those on a team are lvl 70.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts