+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Again, People are trying to make Rift look bad, Dont let yourself get fooled!

Default Again, People are trying to make Rift look bad, Dont let yourself get fooled!

Game is far from dead

Tons of people doing IA

Plenty of people doing invasions

Lively chat, With persistent negative talks, gives the impression of it not going so well
    But reality, is that its been that way since day 1 of Rift

People pretends its pay to win, all the time

When they can access nearly everything without spending a dime

Seriously, all this Negative Propaganda, Fake image of Rift not going well, is Starting to become annoying, And this is obviously done with that intent

At some point, Tolerance over that would have to be diminished, to ensure Rift's future =o

Sincerely, Exxy

Alright, Dolcega Thought Police.

I killed about 40 of you guys in Kingdom of Pelladane. Go away.
    "Why, that was a marvelous suggestion that will transform life in Telara. We will get right to implementing that. Now that you pointed it out, it's pretty obvious. Don't we look stupid!"

Rift Disciple

Ton's of people in IA's? no, about 20. We all like the game, but in its current state, it's been falling asleep for a year now.

Rift Disciple

Thanks Exxy

Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    People pretends its pay to win, all the time

When they can access nearly everything without spending a dime
    So, if they can access nearly everything without spending a dime that would suggest there are still some things that require spending of dimes, i.e. you pay dimes to get an advantage. Isn't paying dimes for an advantage pay to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    Game is far from dead
    Try an experiment...

Open the LFG window, tick the box for Tank (and any other roles you have too) and click on Join. Six months ago, that would have resulted in a pretty much instant "Hey, tank, here's your NTE group" pop-up regardless of the time of day or night.

Yesterday morning I did this and after quarter of an hour in the queue I gave up and did something else. Heck, I've even queued up with a guild mate who ticks all four roles and despite us covering the tank and healer roles sometimes the queue still doesn't pop.

So, if a tank, or a tank and healer, can't get an NTE group, that speaks more about the health of the game than your assurances that it's not dead / dying.
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 07-09-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Well there are some "if-I-leave-game-is-dead" people out there. However you have those kind of people in every online game. As a wise man once said: People may come, people may go.

At the same time there is certainly room for improvement, when it comes to player retention and if people bring up those issues, its because they care about the game.

Plane Touched

I don't know exactly how many people are still playing (and paying) but it is obviously enough to keep the servers going and more content on the way.

Wrong on all points, considering it's all opinion and no facts.

Dead game? Perhaps a few hundred players concurrently online means alive and well to you, but to most it's not exactly thriving.

Same with the payment model. Whether something is pay to win isn't just either "yes" or "no", more like a spectrum and it's entirely up to you how much of it you can tolerate. Rift is definitely somewhere inbetween the two though.

Perhaps there are people trying to cast a bad light on the game, but if Trion would just shrug it all off as "propaganda", it would be very bad. A lot of it is constructive criticism, believe it or not.

You failed to mention raiding and PvP, and ironically, Trion is doing the same thing to both of them to give the impression that they're not in a bad state.

PvP: if you inspected people a year ago and inspect players now, you'll notice that quite a few players have raid gear. Sure, you can get raid gear without doing any PvE, but it's quite easy to tell if someone has. There is a massive amount of PvE focused players in PvP. If the PvP population was made up entirely of players that want to be there for the PvP, it would be dead. Hour long queues and the same player combinations over and over again. There aren't enough PvPers left. So PvEers doing PvP for the marks gives the impression that they're still alive.

PvE: How many guilds left are there that are 9/9? 4. And not one of them is on NA. Okay, maybe ignore AA because it's more difficult than it's worth. Let's look at 8/9hm. There are 19 guilds that are at least 8/9hm. 8 of them being on NA. Of those guilds, 6 were 8/9hm before the nerfs with only 1 being on NA. Progression raiding is in decline and Trion made it worse by nerfing the content well below any meaningful level. You can 3 man RoF now. But of course, with all these guilds now 8/9hm, raiding must not be dead right? Well yeah, when an average guild can kill Pagura in half it's enrage time, there are a lot of guilds that are going to progress farther. If Trion doesn't keep this same quality with 4.0, there's going to be very few progression raiders. Sure, there might be a gear reset that will give more a chance to get into progression raiding, but there aren't many competitive guilds left. Trion is in a constant conflict right now. On one hand, they continue to make money off the high cost of raiding, but on the other hand, if they make raiding cheap, they can increase the "population" with alts.

The game isn't dead, but it's by no means going steady. Constant poor decisions combined with a game that honestly runs pretty badly and you get the complaints you constantly see. Now, there are some that are a bit extreme, but the majority of people just see the decline that Rift is in and are concerned. I love the people I play with and I still raid, but I will not deny that Rift is not in a good state. High end guilds are leaving one by one and I hope 4.0 is big enough to keep interest alive. Whether I'm still around is yet to be determined, but when I say that the state of the game is poor, my intentions are sincere and my goal is for Trion to change things for the better. And I think you'll find that's how it is for many of us. We still play the game so we don't hate it, but we've all come to the realization that it could be so much better.

Your continued ignorance to that (on top of saying that "naysayers" are liars) is somewhat shocking to say the least. Trion has put their game in a far worse spotlight than our evil cult, formed exclusively to publicly humiliate Trion and make all of their customers run away, ever could. I hope you don't honestly believe that all these people saying bad things about Rift a) keep playing, b) want the game they continue playing to be gone, and c) don't care about the game. People make these statements because they care and because they want to see Trion succeed with Rift. It's hard to stay positive when the bad outweighs the good, but we try nonetheless.

And with that, I've logged out and it's time for my break from the game. I'll see you all in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Shadowlander

It's pretty dead.

I came back to the game after switching thru my rotation of games and found it to be significantly emptier than the last time I played it. I lasted about three days but found the brutal changes/monetization of minions, the extra pay walls and bad decisions just too much, so went off for a three month enjoyable stint at BDO.

I'm back again now, for a week so far, whether it's actually dead *shrug*. I still see the some players around in the main hubs, IA's, but out there in the world, yeah, pretty much dead as a dodo. Lots of things used to be crowded with players are deserted now.

I reckon I'll only be here a few more days as I can feel the desire to play slipping away already....

If the quality decline goes further it would be better to shut down rift and rerelease it later on similiar to what Square Enix did with FFXIV.

Still missing the time with Ailion...here are 3 bugs in the soultree...the next day with a repsonse that all 3 are fixed and being in the next hotfix. Today we may wait longer than 9 months to get similiar stuff fixed.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    No one except Trion is trying to make Rift look bad. Come on they are doing a good enough job on their own, they don't need help.

Step 1: Make quality of life so bad for non paying customers they quit or pay.

Step 2: Lets screw over every decent fun to play soul, so people have to play our favorite pet souls in the way we want them to.

Step 3: Continue to insult our players and their intelligence at every turn.

Eventual Step: Whew we can finally shut this down.

I love Rift, I really do. But it became apparent some time ago the only thing the Devs like about the game is jerking the players around.
    I guess you have never played some other F2P mmos. You all should go pick up Archeage or SWTOR. Yes, Archeage is another Trion game but then you will really see how much worse off a F2P game can be. Stop complaining because you have it good compared to these other games. I would argue in terms of F2P games RIFT has one of the better models with Wildstar (and I don't really enjoy this game) beating it out.

The game isn't exactly dead, it's just that the player base is so small compared to the past that the people doing activities around are the same people and their alts. As for the IAs having tons of people, how many of those actually stay long enough to benefit the game population or is not an alt? I wouldn't really call the game dead, just that in terms of population it's been stagnant for quite sometime with new players hopping in an IA for a bit and probably not do anything much because of the other grind.

[No longer an active player]

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Try an experiment...

Open the LFG window, tick the box for Tank (and any other roles you have too) and click on Join. Six months ago, that would have resulted in a pretty much instant "Hey, tank, here's your NTE group" pop-up regardless of the time of day or night.

Yesterday morning I did this and after quarter of an hour in the queue I gave up and did something else. Heck, I've even queued up with a guild mate who ticks all four roles and despite us covering the tank and healer roles sometimes the queue still doesn't pop.

So, if a tank, or a tank and healer, can't get an NTE group, that speaks more about the health of the game than your assurances that it's not dead / dying.
    It's funny that because i am not running into this problem when i queue as tank.

Today i queued as tank on my own and it instantly popped.
    Yesterday i did the same thing and guess what.... It instantly popped.

Maybe too many people have got you on ignore in-game or vice-versa, and that is why your queue's take so long.

I am 100% certain that i can queue as tank right now and i will be inside a dungeon within 1 minute.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 07-10-2016 at 07:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast