+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 212
Like Tree223Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Again, People are trying to make Rift look bad, Dont let yourself get fooled!

  1. #136
    Champion sirdiggby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    567

    Default

    having talked to exxy i think he;s either some beyond master troll or something is just off with him or her

    nice person but really leaves you going

    anyway the only people who can make this game look bad are the ones in charge of it.

  2. #137
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    I mean, i don't play anymore...and even I know raiding in RIFT is pretty lolzi. (resisting at making site-plug)

    but see this PokemonGO hype doe....#teamMystic
    I haven't logged on to these forums in months, only stopping every now and then to read drama.

    On seeing this however...

    #****Mystic #ValorFTW
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  3. #138
    Rift Disciple Oldar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    182

    Default

    The problem with Rift at the moment (and generally with Trion's game as I have seen) is that the players who they truly care about the game and they want to see it succeed in taking its worthy place among others MMORPGs out there, are being ignored or pushed aside when it comes to propose or suggest something (good or bad either way).

    It does not matter if these are the players/gamers who they are advertising those games and they are supporting the efforts of Trion. And that my friends is something I called "deaf development". Any game out there which adopt this kind of attitude is meant to drive a lot of players away. It is not going to die because it has its core player base BUT it will never be the same.... What happens in those pages is to raise our voices in order to avoid that because yeah we DO care about that game.

    Now as for Exxy's statements, they are all acceptable because we have a conversation here but I must say that the population of the game Exxy is not counting from how many players are visiting your dimension when you are in those. You probably see the same number of players visiting them from day 1 (of the dimension existence) and you think that the population is as healthy as never before. Isn't this an illusion? And of course the game addresses to both casual and hardcore players but you cannot jump into conclusions for the whole community if you just belong to the casuals.

    At bottom line this is what I got from all these pages in this thread:
    The casual players are indeed existing, they may enjoy themselves while playing Rift and I am happy for that BUT the more competitive players are leaving the game in herds. So, please do not be illusionist and seek out the truth.... (here enters the X-Files music)
    Last edited by Oldar; 07-12-2016 at 03:35 AM.

  4. #139
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idrenniel View Post
    Presumably most of us posting in this thread still play Rift. If it's really as bad as being said here my last question is: Why do you keep logging on?
    My first MMO was Everquest 2. I played that until Sony made some horrendous class changes that essentially made the six months I'd spent levelling and gearing up my paladin tank almost worthless overnight. That's what caused me to move onto WoW. I remained with that for around five years until Cataclysm bored me to tears and within 3-4 weeks I stopped playing that and moved to Rift, where I've been for five and a half years. Right now I'm at the point where as soon as something else sufficiently interesting comes along, I'll leave Rift without a second glance. So, I keep logging on purely due to a lack of a current alternative.

  5. #140
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idrenniel View Post
    And if we want to attract new players we'd best figure out how to articulate what is good, fun, and entertaining about Rift while we provide constructive criticism about what might improve our gaming experience.
    The whole reason for the plethora of threads with criticism in them is that we'd love to have a lot more good, fun and entertaining things in Rift... but they're becoming fewer and farther between, and are being / have been replaced by blatant cash-shop grabs, increasingly bugged content and a developer that seemingly doesn't care.

  6. #141
    Telaran Loacrahc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Right now I'm at the point where as soon as something else sufficiently interesting comes along, I'll leave Rift without a second glance. So, I keep logging on purely due to a lack of a current alternative.
    That is pretty much where I am at and I know quite a few people who feel the same way. I am just waiting for Pantheon at this point.
    Kungfubanana~Koreancowgirl~Buffypaprika~Supermercado~Donkeythong

  7. #142
    Rift Disciple Cascades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    124

    Default Who Are You Trying To Fool.

    Give Players Enough Time, They Will See For Themselves The State Of The Game. I Do Believe That The Best Statement Is To Say Nothing, And Let The Game Speak For Itself.

    If You Really Want To Know The State Of The Game Ask Trion The Maker And Distributor Of The Game. I Am Sure They Can Explain All The Answers As To What Is Really The State Of The Game.

  8. #143
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cascades View Post
    Give Players Enough Time, They Will See For Themselves The State Of The Game. I Do Believe That The Best Statement Is To Say Nothing, And Let The Game Speak For Itself.

    If You Really Want To Know The State Of The Game Ask Trion The Maker And Distributor Of The Game. I Am Sure They Can Explain All The Answers As To What Is Really The State Of The Game.
    Nearly two years isn't enough time? I disagree. If you say nothing, Trion will continue to make poor decisions. It is the outcry from consumers that drives change. If no one says anything, Trion won't know how poorly it is affecting the game until it's too late (then again, even with the outcry, they still don't seem to realize).

    Ask Trion? So that we can hear how great it is going to be in the future instead getting comments about the poor state the game is in currently? Yeah... I'll pass on that. Their actions have spoken much louder than their words.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  9. #144
    Rift Disciple Latan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    I doubt we're from the same generation =o

    You sound around 22-23

    Cheers, Exxy
    I as a person don't care much about the state of the game, cuz #casual4lyfe.

    But man, after reading your posts on every page even I can tell u radiate with an aura of stup.., umm I mean special aura.

    If anything else u are making me side with the people complaining xD

  10. #145
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    Maybe raiding population is low atm, but its also have to be because of 4.0 being around the corner ;o
    No, it's mostly due to 18+ months of every single raid Trion have released to live being as bugged as hell, sometimes in spite of the players testing it for them for free desperately begging them not to because it wasn't ready, and then having to endure weeks / months of waiting for bug fixes to come out, if ever, and raiders getting so increasingly frustrated with this cycle that they decide they've had enough.

    Old-school raiders raid for the challenge and the thrill of the first kills. The shiny gear is an incidental bonus not the raison d'Ítre. Having content that you can't beat because it's hard is fine and fires people up. Having content that you can't beat because of bugs is demoralising and makes people quit.

  11. #146
    Champion of Telara Exxyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Seriously, Raids have always been buggy?

    They didn't offer 3 levels of difficulty with CoA

    They didn't release MoM prior to holidays to try to please those Raiders

    They didn't release new raids at a decent pace?

    So if Trion is that bad?

    You must have been looking for another company that makes raids for players?

    Did u find anything better for free?

    What were your options?

    Any other companies offering similar opportunities?
    /curious

    Exxy

  12. #147
    Plane Touched ConcreteDonkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    Seriously, Raids have always been buggy?

    They didn't offer 3 levels of difficulty with CoA

    They didn't release MoM prior to holidays to try to please those Raiders

    They didn't release new raids at a decent pace?

    So if Trion is that bad?

    You must have been looking for another company that makes raids for players?

    Did u find anything better for free?

    What were your options?

    Any other companies offering similar opportunities?
    /curious

    Exxy
    Raids have always been buggy, but the frequency and severity of these bugs are drastically up. Not only that, but they remain unfixed for much longer periods of time. Threngar is still a buggy mess of a fight and he's been out for 18 months.

    We wanted MoM to be delayed because it very VERY clearly wasn't ready for release. Trion put the raid out early so t2 weapons could be in the sotre for Christmas.

    If you account for the fact that the entire T2 of NT raids were rereleases, the pace of new raids is honestly pretty poor. And even with that handicap, its been greatly outpaced by Storm Legion's raid content.

    I've been playing GW2, which has raids that work correctly. Its certainly not free, but its definitely a lot cheaper than a set of purchases that yield a proper experience in Rift.
    Last edited by ConcreteDonkies; 07-12-2016 at 10:28 AM.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

  13. #148
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    Seriously, Raids have always been buggy?
    As long as I've been a raider, raids have been buggy on release. More-so in the later raids than the earlier ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    They didn't offer 3 levels of difficulty with CoA
    Umm, okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    They didn't release MoM prior to holidays to try to please those Raiders
    More evidence that you're clueless about raiding. Raiders wanted MoM delayed. Trion pushed it out so they could sell T2 armor/weapons for credits during the holidays.

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    They didn't release new raids at a decent pace?
    I would rather have 1 quality raid at a time than 3 sub-par raids

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    You must have been looking for another company that makes raids for players?

    Did u find anything better for free?

    What were your options?

    Any other companies offering similar opportunities?
    /curious

    Exxy

    And there you go again with the "If you don't like it, go somewhere else". I'm sorry that you don't believe in improving things. I guess you wouldn't be in support of allowing guilds to have multiple leaders that can't demote each other then...

    Hello everyone

    Is there any valid reasons that the Guild Founder that be demoted, directly by others of the same rank in a guild?

    Is'nt that kind of a flaw?

    Does that serve any purpose?

    Is it intended?

    Me and couple guild members are pretty upset, cause, someone overthrown the other leaders and demoted them, and is in full control atm

    And there is absolutely no way to resolve this
    No special actions?

    Can it be fixed for future people who would be caught off guard?

    Sincerely, Exxy

    Loyal and proud customer of Trion, Who just lost everything I built for the last 5 years
    And I feel like giving up, and moving somewhere else

    Can this be investigated?
    Did you find another game that allows you to do this?

    A bit hypocritical if you ask me...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  14. #149
    Champion of Telara Exxyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Where's the hypocrisy

    You said, you stopped being a patron

    And you want Trion to listen to your requests?
    Is there any games that offer better/similar raids? with less-bugged encounters??

    Do you think, that they make those raids, to be buggy on purpose? just to annoy u/raiders?

    I would love to see you design/code some raiding encounters
    You act like its super easy to do , to develop raids without bugs at all

  15. #150
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    So what's the plan here? keep feeding the troll till he gets so fat he has a heart attack?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts