+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what to spend commendations on for notoriety?

Default what to spend commendations on for notoriety?

so I have commendations for notoriety and there is like a dozen different choices to spend them on. How do I know what to use them on?

All of the nightmare tide factions, so save them til you can get to Margle Palace.
    If you're approaching 50 Mark of Notoriety or 250 Commendations of Renown (the max), then spend a few on anything, it doesn't matter.

>If you're approaching 50 Mark of Notoriety or 250 Commendations of Renown (the max), then spend a few on anything, it doesn't matter<

I may be wrong but I remember some of these as being bound to account. If so you can save them by sending them to an alt that isn't near the maximum.

Taken from my other thread. You can of course do whatever you would like first, but just a recommendation.

Reputation / Noteriety
    Whatever you would like to refer to it as - Focus on getting Decorated with Pelagic order first. You can accomplish this by close 10 regular rifts out in goboro rift with a noteriety vial on or you might have to close a few extra without. This just allows you to by the class crystals.

After that's done focus on Atragarian for your neck rune. Pelagic order does give earring runes, but there are new craftable runes out as well so save your plat for those as they might be a bit pricey, but still worth it since it's 1 less rep to grind out.

Manugo you'll get from just running experts and looting the manugo consumable from the chest at the end.

Lastly it's up to you whether you want to grind out Ghar or or Shal Korva. Ghar rep also gives you access to essences, but you also needed TONS of Nightmare rift achievements as a secondary unlock. It's worth it, but it's also something to aim for after you've caught up content wise. Shal Korva is just from questing and doing the weeklies in planetouched wilds.

The best way grind out any of the reps are to do chronicles as they let you pick from multiple reps at the end. 7 chronicles are also worth doing for marks which I forgot to mention in the guide above so you'll want to do these as well. There's also an event earring out right now that you definitely want to pick up which i'll explain in the section below.

[More to come along the way]

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotea View Post
    I may be wrong but I remember some of these as being bound to account. If so you can save them by sending them to an alt that isn't near the maximum.
    You're right. Not everyone has a lot of character slots tho.

Rift Disciple

If you are interested in the older factions for getting the notoriety achievements, and don't ahve the slots to send the marks to another character, then Iwould go to Tempest Bay and spend a few on the Torvan Hunters. That will help alot on the old achieves involving the Hunt and Great Hunt rifts since this will allow you to buy the lures to get them once your rep with them is high enough. Also, the Torvan takes a while to max, and doesn't use the commendation marks, only notoriety marks.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Indeed, but if you mail them to an alt who does "Return to Sender" on the mail containing them, they'll come back to your main's mailbox where you have 30 days to collect them, i.e. extra storage.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    you can store as many as you want in mail, just can't take out, if it will be more than max cap, i send to my alt, after 30 days they go back and sit 90 days in my main mail, so i have 120 days to take care of them, or just send again to alt

General of Telara

Also, remember that you can spend as many Commendations as you want at one time but with Marks you are limited to spending only 15 per day (10 for NT rep and 5 for SL rep). So sending Commendations to an alt for later use may be fine but I find that you might as well spend the 15 Marks daily (since I don't always remember to spend them daily I amass more than I can ever spend given the daily limit on handing in).

+ Reply to Thread