+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By Meteorblade

Thread: best class for seeing world, finding artifacts, getting around

Default best class for seeing world, finding artifacts, getting around

what is the best class(souls) for seeing world, exploring, finding artifacts, Getting around. Rogue?
    Last edited by swordfish; 06-10-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Ascendant

Rogue as a stealth class has some advantages, of course - with two simultanuous stuns you can get around without ever having to engage in battle.

On the other hand you can use a pet build with other classes, and have your pet keep the mobs busy while you wander around. So at the end it doesn't matter much what class you play (though AFAIK primalist does not have a pet sould... yet?)

Rogue / ranger soul is quite effective in soloing old instances. Especially for those with fresh 65 in green / blue gear - versatility of pets effectively helps with dealing some boss mechanics.

Long story short : pet serves as trash dump for most of the annoying Crowd Controll effects. Stuns ? Pushback effects ? Polymorph ? Everything jumps on pet when it's second in aggro list.

On the other hand, some bosses tends to put some nasty debuff on tank. Okay, no problem, time to swap to tanking pet and everything is just fine again.

Do you need to skip several trash groups and save the time ? 'Stealth' ability is here at your disposal.

Did you encounter some nasty lvl60 world boss which hits like a truck ? Well, if it's melee only, you can kite him around and nibble him to death. If you want to.

So yes, I would vouch for rogue.
    Telaran Extravaganza Eleganza
    Alphaine@Deepwood / BrassVespid@Deepwood (and plenty of alts @ <Jubi> thanks to chronic altaholism)

Druid

#10char
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

not so much class, but I believe both the high elves and bahmi get a racial leap ability that you might find useful.

At the risk of exhibiting some personal bias, I'd just like to mention at this point that warriors are awesome by default. Who needs brains when you can have biceps like those? /flex

Any class is good.

As long as it's a Defiant.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    At the risk of exhibiting some personal bias, I'd just like to mention at this point that warriors are awesome by default. Who needs brains when you can have biceps like those? /flex
    i agree, also warriors get a leaping ability in their war planar attunement similar to the high elves racial leap, and if you're hunting with a friend and one of you cant make a jump, you can always duel and VK summon or RB teleport to get you both in position. also, knockbacks while in duel.

yea the Rogue Sin is a very good pic for getting around, stealthing and slipping away, etc.. I created my own build which I have not named or anything for just getting all the Burning/nightmare artifacts.. It has a lot of SIN in it and also a lot of phys in it. It can handle one-two mobs and has tons of healing, so its good for exploring and staying alive with all the debuffs on you!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

King of Slackers

Reaver ofc
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Any class is good.

As long as it's a Defiant.
    If I could give this more than one +1 I would.

+ Reply to Thread