+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 136
Like Tree126Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT worth playing / returning? - Guide

  1. #16
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Would love to see this thread stickied.

    Very nice job Chaosbringer12! And kudos those posting suggestions and corrections.

  2. #17
    Champion Kat Fantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    568

    Default

    This is a nice guide.
    I like this guide. n u n
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)


    <Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

  3. #18
    Rift Chaser Croix01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer12 View Post
    No - None of what you can currently buy is best in slot anymore. Everything out of comet of Ahnket is. You have to raid in order to get that gear as you won't find any of it on the store even for marks. Now if they put comet of ahnket gear up on the store then sure. It'd be 100% pay to win, but that's not the case and never has been for each tier accordingly.

    I understand what you're getting at. You're gripe is more with the fact that someone can get gear faster than someone who actually grinds it out, but keep in mind that it does not take 4-6 months to get into T3 or even into Comet of Ahnket which has the same hit requirements. Most of the people who have the time to play Rift already had that gear and then some by the time it was put on the store. The people who didn't have the time now have the option to catch up to their friends and guilds.

    You cherry picked a piece of my statement to show that it's somehow pay to win, but the bottom line is that being able to buy gear from old content in no way gives you an advantage over anyone who earns their gear through marks and or raiding or anyone who already has for that matter. This will be the only time I'll debate it in this thread as there are other places where you can make your arguments for it. If you have any requests for the guide itself in regard to portions of the game you'd like to know more about if you were in a new players shoes or returning then i'll be more than happy to.
    I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this out for everyone. Excellent for those starting out and unfamiliar with the currencies in game atm.

    I also agree completely with store bought items being a step under raid gear as well. If you want the best you should compete & beat the best. Hope it stays that way.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

  4. #19
    Prophet of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Okay, sure.

    The weekly for five raid rifts is called Five If By Sea, not Five by the Sea.

    Your map location for the best spot to do Sea of Ladon is wrong. The area you have on your map is where a normal tear / rift appears. Here's a map of where the raid tear appears and a route to get to it (in case you're opening it yourself, or not being summoned there)...

    Thank you. That's where the marker was meant to be, but I missed up and was completely oblivious to the fact that I did. I'll fix that as soon as I can

    Thank you everyone for the likes and positive feedback so far as well!
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 05-23-2016 at 12:47 PM. Reason: thaanking repliers

  5. #20
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptGregg View Post
    Would love to see this thread stickied.

    Very nice job Chaosbringer12! And kudos those posting suggestions and corrections.
    I definitely agree, this ought to be stickied.

  6. #21
    Ascendant Linolea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Perth, WA, Oz
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Couple minor things on the sparkle quest:

    1) Given people are patron to get it, they also have the bonus WF and NTE charges, so the weekly max (excluding purchased charges) is 60 sparkles for 10x each.
    2) Worth mentioning that zone events of all levels will give sparkles (if mentored to the appropriate level) including unstable zone events. Given there is no cap on these, the amount generated per week can be very high at 4 sparkles each.

    PS> Might be worth mentioning that the quickest way to do PTW weeklies is at the weekly reset time (a little crazy because all of the people there). 35-40mins will usually see all 4 completed if you find a group doing all of them (the groups usually form from 10-15 mins before reset. Make sure to be at the quest givers to pick up the quest and run! Worst case scenario you tag Khans and Tyrant in a handful of minutes and do teh other quests later.
    Last edited by Linolea; 05-23-2016 at 08:45 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

  7. #22
    Plane Touched Letobrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer12 View Post
    You cherry picked a piece of my statement to show that it's somehow pay to win, but the bottom line is that being able to buy gear from old content in no way gives you an advantage over anyone who earns their gear through marks and or raiding or anyone who already has for that matter. This will be the only time I'll debate it in this thread as there are other places where you can make your arguments for it. If you have any requests for the guide itself in regard to portions of the game you'd like to know more about if you were in a new players shoes or returning then i'll be more than happy to.
    If you didn't want the subject of Rift being "pay to win" debated here, then you should never have brought it up in the first place, much less starting it on the very first heading of your post.

    Nice guide but like you said, I would focus on "portions of the game you'd like to know more about if you were in a new players shoes", and remove your opinion on this matter altogether.
    Last edited by Letobrick; 05-23-2016 at 09:47 PM.

  8. #23
    Champion of Telara Exxyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Great thread for new Rift players

    Excellent guide, to the basics of what you will want to focus on, if you want to catch up

    Perfect to understand the language of Rift, since its a little different than other Mmo's

    10/10

    All Day Long

    <3, Exxy

  9. #24
    Plane Touched Klutch817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Letobrick View Post
    If you didn't want the subject of Rift being "pay to win" debated here, then you should never have brought it up in the first place, much less starting it on the very first heading of your post.

    Nice guide but like you said, I would focus on "portions of the game you'd like to know more about if you were in a new players shoes", and remove your opinion on this matter altogether.
    The fact that he felt the need to tackle it first [much less at all] says a LOT more than the two paragraphs he wrote. I also still don't understand this whole, "Because REX is a thing that exists, Trion can charge whatever they want for things, even if it's astronomically high or outright necessary for progress" argument.
    "Why, that was a marvelous suggestion that will transform life in Telara. We will get right to implementing that. Now that you pointed it out, it's pretty obvious. Don't we look stupid!"

  10. #25
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Just a suggestion Chaosbringer12, I just read a post about gear and it was suggested that http://db.riftscene.com/ is a good resource. It occurred to me that gear can get to be very confusing for new players (well it is for me), some active links might be helpful. Still hoping for a sticky for this.

  11. #26
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    This is AWESOME.
    I've came back a few months ago but some of the info in here is stuff I have been looking for!

    Thank you!

  12. #27
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,642

    Default

    Thanks for taking the time to write the OP, OP, as someone who hadn't played since before the last expansion came out until the weekend I've found it a very useful guide to what's new and changed since last I played.

    Thanks.

  13. #28
    Prophet of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptGregg View Post
    Just a suggestion Chaosbringer12, I just read a post about gear and it was suggested that http://db.riftscene.com/ is a good resource. It occurred to me that gear can get to be very confusing for new players (well it is for me), some active links might be helpful. Still hoping for a sticky for this.
    I want to add section for what gear to aim for and where to get it specifically. I generally type everything up before I actually post it on here so I can organize it as best I can. I'm taking notes of everyone suggestions.

    Updates
    - Added in the extra sparkles to the spreadsheet you would get from patron.
    - Fixed Five by the sea to Five if by sea and placed a new map location with it.
    - Added in a note about mentoring down in lower level zone events to farm extra sparkles.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 05-24-2016 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Letting people know about updates.

  14. #29
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer12 View Post
    I want to add section for what gear to aim for and where to get it specifically. I generally type everything up before I actually post it on here so I can organize it as best I can. I'm taking notes of everyone suggestions.

    Updates
    - Added in the extra sparkles to the spreadsheet you would get from patron.
    - Fixed Five by the sea to Five if by sea and placed a new map location with it.
    - Added in a note about mentoring down in lower level zone events to farm extra sparkles.
    Sorry about my earlier confusion, didn't know CoA existed, I'm one of those new players this guide was aimed at- only been playing for 3 weeks now- I think you did a hell of a job, and I'm favoriting this guide.

    To that guy giving him **** earlier, maybe you should be less arguementive and more constructive, this guide obviously took a fair amount of work

  15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    597

    Default

    As an avid RIFT player myself, i love the game WAY more now than when I first played it at launch.
    I only wish that I had had the time to put in words what Chaosbringer12 has done here. This is probably the best guide for returning players that I have seen for any game, ever.

    Stickied. I'd dip it in gold and keep it on my shelf if I could.
    Bravo, CB, and THANK YOU, on behalf of everyone who ever considered coming back to RIFT.
    ~Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 05-25-2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Broken finger = typos. I hate typos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts