+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion... thank you for listening.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Your points are exactly why I am asking for feedback, so thank you.

There is certainly no getting around two facts:
    - we need to ensure that RIFT has a reasonable revenue stream, to keep the game in development and to cover the many ongoing costs.
    - not everyone is going to pay, but people who do pay deserve excellent value in exchange for their support of the game (including allowing others to play for absolutely free).

It's a constant balancing act.

Limited time offers are absolutely more effective. That's just the way we all work as humans. That said, sometimes they exist as experiments. Do people like the offer? Do they want it after it's gone? If so, bring it back. If not, it goes away and we pretend it never existed. =)

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    If not, it goes away and we pretend it never existed. =)
    Would be a good idea to do that with Unstable Cache Anomalies and Unstable Nightmare Hammerknell Adventure Caches.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Just to clarify the bag slots a bit more to prevent any confusion, it will not unlock the bag slot with the R on it. That bag slot is exclusive to the Nightmare Tide Pack.

Rift Disciple

This shouldn't be a limited time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripperino View Post
    This shouldn't be a limited time thing.
    Maybe it won't be. Maybe it'll come back. Maybe it'll be the new norm in a future structuring of packs.

Their marketing won't let us know, so moot.

Plane Touched

Default Keep it forever!

I'm going to pile on the bandwagon - this is one of the best marketing moves I've seen from Trion in ages.

Please keep it active, at least until the next round of soul-packs come out.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    My question to you all: If we are offering it in the first week someone ever plays RIFT, will the new player be able to accurately assess the value for two major items that they may not see for 50 levels?
    Answering this question for myself - I definitely would not have bought this in the first week of playing Rift. Why? Because, honestly, this game did not really hook me until I got to level 65. I spent a couple of months playing it casually as an easy time killer - and spent no money on it. Once I got to level 65 though - it became a whole lot more interesting, and I have spent a good chunk of money on it since (including buying this pack today!)

So maybe something like offering it for a limited time when a player hits a certain level? Like - hey, you just hit level 65! Congrats, we have a special offer for you!

Cheers,
    Ben
    Last edited by Benjamindavid; 05-04-2016 at 04:37 PM.

I think for a new player it is a good deal, though it might be a rather large fiscal commitment for someone who knows little about the game. Also, they may not realize how good of a deal it is because they weren't around when the various soul packs were rolled out.

I actually looked at it as I don't have primalist yet until I realized everything else was useless to me (as I already had them).

Want to make a lot of money? Offer a pack that gives you 1 mount of your choice (account wide). Maybe come up with a few new color variants (like a black metal/red glow BattleCat). Put it out there for $19.99. You'll have people buying multiples. I know Trion prefers the RNG gamble model, but give this a try for two weeks and see what happens.

Soulwalker

edit post edit
    Last edited by Yobbles; 05-04-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Now you have left me with a huge dilema, i have the storm legion pack and was eyeing up the Primalist pack, now do i go for this new option which if i hadn't already had the storm legion souls i would have grabbed straight away.

Also within the primalist pack there is that beautiful mount, now i either just go primalist and miss out on the extra souls (Arbiter) etc or i miss out on the mount/costume etc............

At least i have a few days to try and figure out my best option.

I approve of this offer - not that anyone asked >.>

If I weren't all but primalist already, I would have been on it like Cartman on cheesypoofs.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Default added a YouTube video promotion

Really happy with this change. For the first time in ages, made a video and promoted on my YouTube channel - It's a Wocky video, so I'll leave it up to the CM's to decide if it's okay or not - added it to my first post on my thread.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 05-04-2016 at 09:34 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Differences

Just had a quick question on the real difference between this $50 pack and the $150. It almost seems to me why buy the 150 when this 50 gives you pretty much the same things. The 150 only gave 1 character slot as this 50 puts everything to 6. Just seems that whom ever bought the 150 has just been cheated out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagan525 View Post
    Just had a quick question on the real difference between this $50 pack and the $150. It almost seems to me why buy the 150 when this 50 gives you pretty much the same things. The 150 only gave 1 character slot as this 50 puts everything to 6. Just seems that whom ever bought the 150 has just been cheated out of their money.
    I respect that sentiment, but I also disagree.

The people who spent 150 bucks have had their game-time already. They've enjoyed their product. In this case, they also got quite a few extra things.

Think of it as a person who buys a special edition of a car and pays a premium, has had use out of it.

Then, a cheaper alternative is released with just the basic features.

Not much of a difference.

This change will do a heckuva lot more good than bad imo.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 05-04-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Soulwalker

I see your point on that, just wish i would of known something of the sort was coming, for i am interested in raiding but not a big time player and for me to have just bought the 150 pack 2 days ago and now this hits just makes me wish i didnt buy it now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast