+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival for minions turned off?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Er, the 10 hours missions are the 4 hour missions, "temporarily". The far right deck.
    Yes that would be true. I misread the post. But Ocho's response confirmed our suspicions in spite of the antidotal information to the contrary:

So it looks like the missions got turned off early unintentionally, sorry about that!

They should come back with the next hotfix, and will remain on until Tuesday May 10 (at 11:59pm Server time). The Carnival World event store is scheduled to close with the expected downtime on Wednesday May 11, so make sure to spend any currency you get before then!
    Last edited by CaptGregg; 04-29-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Telaran

@Ocho and Tacitus, thank you for the quick response.

Hotfix is up and installed... now to get a few more event missions!
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Plane Walker

Anyone able to confirm they are live again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    Anyone able to confirm they are live again?
    I just logged in and got a patch update notification - however, despite shuffling a couple times, I still didn't get a Carnival mission (and I have minions running on all six slots).
    Last edited by Samuraiko; 04-29-2016 at 11:56 AM.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

The patch you are referring to was client side only, not a full patch. The full patch (containing the minion promo card adjustment) will still be next week as normal.

The client side fix was to address an extra space at the end of an ability name for those with their language pref set to German. The extra space meant that it was not functioning in macros, but has now been addressed.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The patch you are referring to was client side only, not a full patch. The full patch (containing the minion promo card adjustment) will still be next week as normal.

The client side fix was to address an extra space at the end of an ability name for those with their language pref set to German. The extra space meant that it was not functioning in macros, but has now been addressed.
    Ohh, good to know... 'Splains why after sending out 5 more just now, I didn't see one pop up, lol.

Time to stockpile some adventurine!
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Ok, so we miss a WEEK of minion missions that we paid to receive via the event card, nothing to see here, move along, right? Wow.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24

Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    Ok, so we miss a WEEK of minion missions that we paid to receive via the event card, nothing to see here, move along, right? Wow.
    Nope, nothing of the above is correct.

The minion chain unlocked with the event minion is available any time, year round, after collecting the minion.

The promo missions are available to all players whether or not they collected the special event minion. The promo missions were available for a week before Carnival and so have in fact already run for 3 weeks, but we are going to turn them on for an EXTRA week starting with the next patch to account for the fact that we intended them to be running this week.

Hopefully that helps clear up any confusion.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

turn them on for an EXTRA week starting with the next patch
    woot! Ty
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Seems like the minion chain adventures are disabled too. I am supposed to have a 15 minute followed by an 8hr and another 15 minute, but after about 30 adventures there's absolutely no sign!
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #27

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Seems like the minion chain adventures are disabled too. I am supposed to have a 15 minute followed by an 8hr and another 15 minute, but after about 30 adventures there's absolutely no sign!
    The chain missions have no time/date information on them at all (which means they have no time/date based restrictions on them), but just to make sure, I took a new character on Live, purchased the Zephyr minion, and confirmed that I still got the chain missions.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    So it looks like the missions got turned off early unintentionally, sorry about that!

They should come back with the next hotfix, and will remain on until Tuesday May 10 (at 11:59pm Server time). The Carnival World event store is scheduled to close with the expected downtime on Wednesday May 11, so make sure to spend any currency you get before then!
    And i can get a refund for my wasted Aventurine where? A "oops sorry, we ****ed up as usual once again" does not bring back my aventurine and that you extend the availability of the event missions does not help either without the wasted and lost aventurine.

Seriously, i play RIFT for a long time and there is not ONE event or promo i can think of that you did not screw up completely. It's kinda amazing how you repeat the same mistakes over and over again.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Telaran

Thumbs down

An in-game message would have been nice. I've just wasted several days of aventurine. Not cool.

Telaran

Thumbs down something in game would have been nice

it's great that you figured it out and also that you are extending it by a week to make up for this week. But I have been blowing through adventurine trying to get these to pop the last two days and I'm sure there are MANY in game who still are because they did NOT come to the forums.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast