+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Darcnova

Thread: Free to Play MMO's relationship with the players

Default Free to Play MMO's relationship with the players

I LOVE FREE TO PLAY MMO'S, But I feel like Free to play MMO's dont love me. Just knowing that any free to play game can shut down their servers at any given time makes alot of people not want to spend big bucks on them. If Free to Play MMO's could build a trust between them and players, it could change the game dramatically! Developers should listen to not only the Veteran players but new players also. I believe they should even go as far as listening to the people that never even play their game for whatever reason and find out why and how they can improve and satisfy as many people as possible.

Well, as far as Rift goes, I really don't think you have to worry...the game shows no signs of dying.

Honestly can't make sense of the rest of your post, especially since Trion deals with the community a lot more than a lot of devs, especially F2P ones
    Last edited by Darcnova; 04-21-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    Well, as far as Rift goes, I really don't think you have to worry...the game shows no signs of dying.
    It's dead alright, but it's a zombified version of its past self-- a shadow of days long past. As many people mention, their favorite times are almost always from Chocolate Rift up to Storm Legion. Nobody's said anything like that about Nightmare Tide or anything current.
    Honestly can't make sense of the rest of your post, especially since Trion deals with the community a lot more than a lot of devs, especially F2P ones
    The fear of games being shut down is real-- WildStar's definitely feeling it, and I personally witnessed it when the Dawngate was closed... permanently.

It also feels like not a lot of games are in it to win it-- obvious blatant cash grabs and slash & burn projects included. The community's in agreement that Allods Online was one, and Skyforge is likely another, just for an example, since they're from the same company. You spend your money, hoping for something great-- investing in the devs. Problem is... a lot of the time, they don't invest back into the players.

Riot Games and League of Legends is EASILY the best example I can come up with. The game's F2P, and not P2W in the slightest. However, they make a TON of money off cosmetics and ad revenue from streams. In return? We get storyline events, free music downloads, a shop to show our support with shirts, etc, and even a ridiculous e-sports scene where peeps gather around and cheer for our favorite teams. They foster a community, one that's really easy to take part in.

I just want RIFT to foster a community with that level of passion and stop segregating peeps. Pieces of our community break off and they're never to be heard of again. It's easier to have hope in WildStar after seeing predictions of their revenue than it is to have hope here.
    "Why, that was a marvelous suggestion that will transform life in Telara. We will get right to implementing that. Now that you pointed it out, it's pretty obvious. Don't we look stupid!"

+ Reply to Thread