Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: It's too bad the new monthly wasn't adjusted for the first month

Rift Chaser

Default It's too bad the new monthly wasn't adjusted for the first month

The new daily rewards need you to log in 21 days in a calendar month to get the 'big reward'.

But it's added mid-April, so you can't log in 21 days this month. Be nice if it were adjusted.

Champion of Telara

First Telara problems man, First Telara problems...
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Petoffen View Post
    The new daily rewards need you to log in 21 days in a calendar month to get the 'big reward'.

But it's added mid-April, so you can't log in 21 days this month. Be nice if it were adjusted.
    Special case coding to deal with a single month would not have happened. It is not very good use of engineering resources as opposed to work that can have much longer term benefits for players. Given that, the choices remaining were:

A) Launch it with 3.6 as we did.
    B) Keep the feature disabled until May 1st.

We figured that most players would prefer more free stuff now. I might be wrong in that assumption... but I doubt it. ;)
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Special case coding to deal with a single month would not have happened. It is not very good use of engineering resources as opposed to work that can have much longer term benefits for players. Given that, the choices remaining were:

A) Launch it with 3.6 as we did.
    B) Keep the feature disabled until May 1st.

We figured that most players would prefer more free stuff now. I might be wrong in that assumption... but I doubt it. ;)
    I think it would have been better to have it restart 30 days from patch release, but I understand you want to sync it with the first of the month.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

I agree that displaying unattainable awards will cause frustration among the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Maril View Post
    I agree that displaying unattainable awards will cause frustration among the player base.
    For 16 whole days.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Telaran

I'm not going to say no to free stuff...

Think of it this way:
    You're getting 16 EXTRA days of free stuff as opposed to NO free stuff for 16 days.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bragah View Post
    I'm not going to say no to free stuff...

Think of it this way:
    You're getting 16 EXTRA days of free stuff as opposed to NO free stuff for 16 days.
    Yes, thank you for buying into the spin of the false choice that that's the only alternative.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

It is not spin. Your suggestion would require time/resources spent to cover a special case scenario that would never happen again. And that was not going to happen. It isn't spin nor is it more complicated than that.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Whatever happened to the days when Rift players were not conspiracy theorists?

This "Trion is going out of their way to harm the player base" mentality is getting out of hand. Now even being given free stuff must be part of some grand scheme to mislead and harm you?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Telaran

Why are people even arguing about something that's free?

A lot of MMO's don't give you anything for logging in.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    It is not spin. Your suggestion would require time/resources spent to cover a special case scenario that would never happen again. And that was not going to happen. It isn't spin nor is it more complicated than that.
    I disagree. I think you are greatly exaggerating the cost to try to sell a conclusion that it's the right thing not to do it.

Yes, it's a one-time thing. That's also trying to find something to make the case why it's ok not to do it, but not much weight.

It's a trivial effort to do it, and the simple fact is, the reason it wasn't is a lack of concern, in my opinion. Like I said, it's ok to take that position - just don't use false justifications.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    This "Trion is going out of their way to harm the player base" mentality is getting out of hand.
    Maybe it is, but not from my post.

That is nothing like what I said and it would be a lie to say otherwise..

Quote Originally Posted by Petoffen View Post
    Maybe it is, but not from my post.

That is nothing like what I said and it would be a lie to say otherwise..
    I made a general statement that was relevant to the topic at hand, and you chose to take it as a personal attack against you. I did not address you or your post, so why are you getting so defensive?
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    I made a general statement that was relevant to the topic at hand, and you chose to take it as a personal attack against you. I did not address you or your post, so why are you getting so defensive?
    There was a strong implication you were referring to my post, and I said that would be wrong. If you are confirming you were just happening to make a general point in this thread, ok.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast