+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Poll: Your Wiki of Choice

Default Poll: Your Wiki of Choice

POLLING HAS CLOSED

Vote for your Wiki of choice and once polling closes and the results are in, we can collectively get to work updating it.
    1. http://rift.wikia.com/wiki/RIFT_Wiki
    2. http://telarapedia.gamepedia.com/Rift_Wiki
    To help us along, we have 6 30-day Patron passes up for grabs - thanks Ocho!

Six random voters from this thread will be chosen to get one 30-day Patron pass each, so make sure you vote!

I vote for #2. My main reason is the site has less ads, but also has a more informative landing page. The only thing holding it back IMO is that it's not as mobile friendly.

POLLING HAS CLOSED

Results as of 14/04/16, at 16:00 (PDT)
    1. 6
    2. 47
    Last edited by Narielia; 04-14-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Awesome work, thanks for getting this started.

I was going to try and start editing the other one since wikia is a larger group and not going anywhere, but it's not very easy to get in there and change stuff around. If telarapedia isn't going to disappear (It's specific to rift. Telara is in the title) I'm good with that one.

Edit: I'm dumb. Gamepedia, and probably not going anywhere.
    Last edited by Hepatits; 03-30-2016 at 06:13 PM.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    I was going to try and start editing the other one since wikia is a larger group and not going anywhere, but it's not very easy to get in there and change stuff around. If telarapedia isn't going to disappear (It's specific to rift. Telara is in the title) I'm good with that one.

Edit: I'm dumb. Gamepedia, and probably not going anywhere.
    Well, ignoring the fact that Gamepedia is Curse owned.. both of those wikis have been around for YEARS. And wikia has been around for even longer.

Both are on reputable hosts for Wikis so it ends up boiling down to which is already filled with "more" information that you can rework and build from. That's how this should be really looked at.

I would vote Telarapedia myself.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Tough choice, both look good with maybe Rift Wiki having a slightly "cleaner" interface but Telarapedia seems to have more content, out of date by now as it is, so my choice is Telarapedia

My vote is for Telarapedia.

Telarapedia
    Thoya - Gelidra
    Former Sagespire and Blightweald resident

First post updated - make sure you vote for your chance at a 30-day Patron pass!
    Last edited by Narielia; 03-31-2016 at 09:49 AM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Default Telarapedia

Telarapedia

I have to agree with Slipmat... Wiki is cleaner... but Telarapedia has more laid out in front of you (kind of clustered but not in a messy way).

General of Telara

Telarapedia

Less gimmicky page elements, and already has german/french sections.
    That's from a pure visitor perspective though, no idea about editing tools.

Between telarapedia.com re-directing to it, making it easy to remember, and its intuitive main page layout, I'm voting for Telarapedia.

It says anyone can edit it, but I don't know how. I know some things, and I'd love to help out with the effort if someone can help a brotha out.
    "Why, that was a marvelous suggestion that will transform life in Telara. We will get right to implementing that. Now that you pointed it out, it's pretty obvious. Don't we look stupid!"

Soulwalker

- Telarapedia -

The colors arent so annoying than on the other page

Telarapedia, looks better from the overall design and has the cooler name.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

How difficult would it be to redesign/set up a clean look something like this, with categories/subcategories, with assuming no copyright issues.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 03-31-2016 at 12:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast