+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Good pug raid leaders?

Soulwalker

Default Good pug raid leaders?

Hi,

Personally I prefer pug raid over joining a guild because I have an unfixed working schedule in my real life. However with a decrease of population in this game there seem to be less and less pug raids going on. And the ones that are still around are usually either a wipefest or taking too much timel.

Can you folks on NA suggest me any good and reliable pug raid leader that still does stuffs like HK? It would be greatly appreciated by me.

Quote Originally Posted by soyaa View Post
    Hi,

Personally I prefer pug raid over joining a guild because I have an unfixed working schedule in my real life. However with a decrease of population in this game there seem to be less and less pug raids going on. And the ones that are still around are usually either a wipefest or taking too much timel.

Can you folks on NA suggest me any good and reliable pug raid leader that still does stuffs like HK? It would be greatly appreciated by me.
    Where the hell u taking this idea that population in game is decreasing...I even see a small growth in players,and I am EU playing in NA servers witch means I dont get to raid that much expt fr now that the old players are going,thank God and there are a lot new players coming in and Raid spots are open fr us pugs.good times fr m,did my first IGP last week.��
    Last edited by bollesti; 03-28-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    Where the hell u taking this idea that population in game is decreasing...I even see a small growth in players,and I am EU playing in NA servers witch means I dont get to raid that much expt fr now that the old players are going,thank God and there are a lot new players coming in and Raid spots are open fr us pugs.good times fr m,did my first IGP last week.��
    denies decreasing population and mentions old players leaving in the same sentence... priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I really would like to answer to that, but no matter how hard I try, I find no way to do that without tripping over some of the red lines that are in place here.
    So at least I cannot discuss anything I want here, even though it is not personal, no vendetta, no rant, no trolling - just a couple of facts I dare not mention here.
    QFT

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Things View Post
    denies decreasing population and mentions old players leaving in the same sentence... priceless.
    Comments on the first part of a sentence, and ignores the second part. Even more priceless?

the old players are going,thank God and there are a lot new players coming in

Join raidtraining@greybriar. There's a person who leads runs every week. MoM prog, HK, iGP, even MS sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Plane Walker

Guildie of mine is running an hk pug Thursday's at 6p server time. He requires achieves and not be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Things View Post
    You really should learn to read all before making a fool of your self,if I have 4 old potatoes and take away the 4 but put in the bag 6 new ones I got more potatoes thn what I had before....get it?or must I make it more simple so u can understand?
    Last edited by bollesti; 03-28-2016 at 08:01 AM.

Telaran

I soured on pugs for the most part. Granted, we are casual raiders who basically had to start over with our T1 progression this year (over half our raid team got busy with RL or decided to take their time and money elsewhere due to "Patron getting better"). We were consistently pulling in 3-4 pugs a week, but far more often than not they just make things more of a pain in the a**. Don't get me wrong, every now and then we get a good one but I'm tired of people whining about not wanting to use our VOIP, or who can't **** about how their guild does it. As far as I'm concerned, when someone pugs into another guild's raid they are a guest and should act accordingly. Offering suggestions is fine, but speak your piece and be done with it.

Fss

Back in SL there was always a pug something (raids) forming. Now you have to be on specific time, specific days. Population is dropping and one day everybody will admit it.

Plane Touched

Default Data

Sure, you can talk about the population seeming to go up or down. How about data?
    The only publicly available data I can find for RIFT population is SteamCharts.com. It's only a slice of the overall population, but there's no reason to think they're not represntative of the overall population shifts.
    By those metrics, we're down about 40% since October 2015. Yes, that's starting from a local peak-date, but we're down every month since then. Every single month, losing 5%-20% of the population.

Where the hell u taking this idea that population in game is decreasing
    Stages of "Rift is dying"...

1. Denial
    2. Anger
    3. Bargaining
    4. Depression
    5. Acceptance

Please don't be upset with the people that have moved onto the later stages of the process than you have.

Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Sure, you can talk about the population seeming to go up or down. How about data?
    The only publicly available data I can find for RIFT population is SteamCharts.com. It's only a slice of the overall population, but there's no reason to think they're not represntative of the overall population shifts.
    By those metrics, we're down about 40% since October 2015. Yes, that's starting from a local peak-date, but we're down every month since then. Every single month, losing 5%-20% of the population.
    I like data like this. Data is good. This could also read that fewer and fewer people are using the steam app to access the game. Trion sort of pushes Glitch Glyph on us, so that may explain a population drop from Steam.

That's just an alternative viewpoint though. I'm not sure if it's 5-10% every month, but I suspect it to be dropping as well. I see the same names erryday in PvP. I see the same names in xevents erryday. We can still slap two raids together to kill a couple dinosaurs, so it's not completely dead. We still have guilds beating the top end content, so it's not completely dead. It just seems to be a bit less populated than it has been.

It'd be nice if we had a method of checking populations from Tion or whatnot.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

I know of four raiding guilds that have disintegrated in a few months. These were all T2 and above. I have not heard of other guilds springing into the gap. Now, admittedly that is just the average to above-average raiding population, but surely indicative. The copious negative sentiment on the forums was another good clue. Sure, not everyone that threatened to, has ragequit, but you can bet a fair chunk did. I am not convinced there is an inflow to match the recent outflow.

As to the OP, plenty of guilds need top ups for their raids. The trick is to find a few matches at different times of day so you have options.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Stages of "Rift is dying"...

1. Denial
    2. Anger
    3. Bargaining
    4. Depression
    5. Acceptance

Please don't be upset with the people that have moved onto the later stages of the process than you have.
    All I am saying is the the old farts are going and I see lot new ppl coming in,what I see to is that the old farts like small children in rage because the game as changed and does not suit their personal and so not important needs try to discredit the game on the forums,well guess what,not working,and u know why? Because in the end Rift is the best mmo out there and if ppl are not prepared to support the game with 8 € a month then fak off and go play something else.I m getting more out of the game now than ever I can raid, spots are opening there is no more in game máfia where u must beg like a dog to raid If u dont know the right ppl.I m enjoying the game more and more every day and like I say if ppl dont like ir go play some korean sht and leave us alone.We lost ppl no question there but where the ppl of interest to the game?Absolutly not,and the funny thing is that I am sure they will return like I already seen some old gamers re turning and what I dont like is that they return and already trying ti take over the new guilds to serve their personal needs.
    Last edited by bollesti; 03-28-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Do a little thought experiment Bollesti ... if Rift was going from strength to strength (player wise), do you think:

1) Trion would boast the stats to show how healthy the game is; or
    2) Trion would never mention the number of active players.

Trion doesn't mention the number of actives, so it doesn't necessarily follow that numbers are dying, but the changes to patron (and other cash raising changes) certainly lead one to assume as much. Servers such as my home (Laethys) are pretty empty during Oz play times.

Also, the reason raid spots are easy to get is that raid guilds are recruiting to fill spots for raiders who left. A lot have left ... a lot of spots are open, at least in the guilds that didn't stop raiding altogether. Partly it is the changes to patron, partly it is the "late in the expansion" boredom kicking in. There may also be some off playing other new games/betas ... they may be back, but probably not till 4.0, whenever that may be.

For now Rift is hanging in there for me and the missus, but it wouldn't take much more to drive us away. Trion is lucky there isn't a good MORPG releasing anytime soon (AFAIK).
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast