+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Looking for info on 2h weapon called Bahralt's Bane

Default Looking for info on 2h weapon called Bahralt's Bane

http://telarapedia.gamepedia.com/Bahralt's_Bane

Link pretty much says it all, it's a lvl 42 bind on equip 2h sword with a rather unique skin. Just looking for any and all info on where to get it since I can't find anything about where it drops. Any help is appreciated!

There's this thread that has some posts on acquiring it.

Yeah I saw that thread recently and it's narrowed my search down to moonshade, but I haven't found any lvl 42 mobs in the area, nor have I found any info on what specific rare mob drops it =/. And from everything I've heard, it is supposedly an open world item drop.

My search continues! Maybe a dev could help point me in the right direction lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    Yeah I saw that thread recently and it's narrowed my search down to moonshade, but I haven't found any lvl 42 mobs in the area, nor have I found any info on what specific rare mob drops it =/. And from everything I've heard, it is supposedly an open world item drop.

My search continues! Maybe a dev could help point me in the right direction lol.
    Oh well.. you know what, Moonshade's level cap has changed. it's 35-40 now. That loot table might be for Droughtlands (35-44) now instead. You could try farming those lvl 42 mobs out there.

I think the best thing would be getting a dev to help out since they'd be able to know for certain. So you can always just hope for that

I bought it on the AH a while ago (when I posted in that thread). I no longer have it though.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 03-26-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Oh well.. you know what, Moonshade's level cap has changed. it's 35-40 now. That loot table might be for Droughtlands (35-44) now instead. You could try farming those lvl 42 mobs out there.

I think the best thing would be getting a dev to help out since they'd be able to know for certain. So you can always just hope for that

Yikes. Small chance it might not even drop in game anymore, but I will check out droughtlands first thing tomorrow. I had no idea they changed Moonshade's level range like that, so thanks a lot really! You post a lot of on reddit too, usually all the patch notes haha

Here's to hoping a dev visits this thread though.

Check in with one of the skin sellers. You're just looking to touch it for the skin, right? There's probably a less rare skin that's similar or the same as that one.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

I have the item if you're on NA.

PM Boase@Laethys
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Check in with one of the skin sellers. You're just looking to touch it for the skin, right? There's probably a less rare skin that's similar or the same as that one.
    I think this skin is entirely unique to the weapon, I haven't seen any other item with the skin at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    I have the item if you're on NA.

PM Boase@Laethys
    My man. *in denzel washington's voice, you know the one*

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    I think this skin is entirely unique to the weapon
    It is indeed currently unique to that zone drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    It is indeed currently unique to that zone drop.
    Can you expose this information to players? For example in Items.xml?

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Can you expose this information to players? For example in Items.xml?
    No. I wish, but it is not even close to possible. The number of steps of data that need to get sifted through to back trace from appearance to how it can be obtained in game is actually kind of crazy. I am probably one of the more proficient people at back tracing this way and that is only because I am a bit wardrobe obsessive.

*edit* to add: Honestly, the best option is likely a player maintained wiki, such as this really old and out of date site: http://riftwardrobe.wikia.com/wiki/Rift_Wardrobe_Wiki if one site could get traction.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 03-28-2016 at 05:38 PM.

Darn, I figured that since each item (that has an appearance) has an appearance that shows up in the tooltip, that you could just write that out too when writing out the other stats
    It'd be useful

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

The problem is that that bit of info in the tooltip is only one step removed from the wardrobe data and contains all the information needed to to link the right wardrobe info from the data within the item data.

Going from the other direction from the item data to where it might drop in game is a long, tangled maze of many possible destinations. And requires a lot of human interpretation. For example, that item might lead to a loot table that is attached to a named mob. In data. But that that mob might never have been placed in game because it was some designer's abandoned idea - because a large amount f design is trying out lots of ideas that end up not panning out for any number of reasons. But data wise, it is all valid data. SO anything automated would lead players on tons of wild goose chases after ghosts that aren't actually real.

*edit* to add: Case in point - the wardrobe unlock the OP is looking for is actually attached to a total of 4 items. But only one of those four is actually accessible through game play.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 03-28-2016 at 06:17 PM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

If there was a practical way to make such a feature possible, I would be ALL over it. Because I am wardrobe obsessed as a player. But there is just no realistic way to make it happen, no matter how much I with it was otherwise.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 03-28-2016 at 06:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast