+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree47Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Multi-core Open Beta Hits Live Servers Tomorrow!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Wonderful news! I hope more post with their results.
    Me too!!

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    What about Margle Palace fps? Or is that unaffected by these changes? I can't stand going to that place because of the ridiculous fps in there - sometimes under 10.
    I put in custom mode and turned off only shadow, I don't like shadow
    But anyway, with the setting set equal to the image I posted I get 60-66 fps at Margle Palace

Last edited by Serial; 03-24-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Serial View Post

I wish i could raid with these settings....
    Duppl - Transcendent@Blackhand - www.transcendent-wow.de
    Join us in WoW on Blackhand!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    I gained about 20 fps but Margle Palace fps drops about 20-30 fps after some time the game is running(porting in and out) after a game restart the fps are back to normal in Margle.
    Thanks i suspected as much.

Default nice work!

Very nice work guys! Noticed a big increase in FPS. But also noticed some AOE graphics are not showing up now when i have the multi core enabled.

Plane touch wilds weekly (main trex in the crater) his AOE's did not show up at all when having multi core enabled. Didn't have time to do much more so but didn't notice any other graphics not showing up except this one. Anyone else experiencing this as well?

No change for me. I'm getting 10-14 fps in Sanctum, both with and without Multi-core enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NlN View Post
    No change for me. I'm getting 10-14 fps in Sanctum, both with and without Multi-core enabled.
    What CPU are you running? Also, are you using the low quality renderer?
    Last edited by MisterWibble; 03-25-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post
    Very nice work guys! Noticed a big increase in FPS. But also noticed some AOE graphics are not showing up now when i have the multi core enabled.

Plane touch wilds weekly (main trex in the crater) his AOE's did not show up at all when having multi core enabled. Didn't have time to do much more so but didn't notice any other graphics not showing up except this one. Anyone else experiencing this as well?
    Some of the AoE graphics seem to be really light (as someone posted the same issue about Arak in MoM, a few days ago). This may be a similar/the same issue.

Default hate to water on the flames ...

I am not seeing any fps improvement: anywhere with or without mc enabled. Eg.: TB has always been around 30fps; MP around 15fps. Has not changed. I have 16 GB RAM, Intel i7 960 @ 3.20GHz with a Sapphire Radeon 4GB R9 290px (BF4) graphics card using a Dell U2312 1920x1080 @ 60Hz. Here are my settings:

Neither the CPU or GPU are over-clocked. And I have disabled AMD's services (and the Rift profile), just using the Rift in-game settings.
    Last edited by OldeThom; 03-26-2016 at 06:06 AM. Reason: forgot to mention AMD info

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by OldeThom View Post
    I am not seeing any fps improvement: anywhere with or without mc enabled. Eg.: TB has always been around 30fps; MP around 15fps. Has not changed. I have 16 GB RAM, Intel i7 960 @ 3.20GHz with a Sapphire Radeon 4GB R9 290px (BF4) graphics card using a Dell U2312 1920x1080 @ 60Hz. Here are my settings:

Neither the CPU or GPU are over-clocked. And I have disabled AMD's services (and the Rift profile), just using the Rift in-game settings.
    Well the question that I have for you is how much are you willing to sacrifice from the shadows/lighting to get better FPS? Because my Video card can handle way better games on ultra (GTX 680) but for Rift my settings has to be turned down because their Graphics engine is just a really outdated piece of garbage. I will share my settings With Sweet FX/Nvidea control Panel, AND Screenshots without as well.
    Rift Settings
    (Anisotropic Filtering/Antialiasing settings are in my Nvidea Control Panel)
    Nvidea 1
    Nvidea 2
    Nvidea 3

And now how my game looks before and after Sweet FX settings. (links b/c of large screen)
    BEFORE
    AFTER

I hope this helps anyone, I USED to get about 15fps in Margle even just standing here.

(Last is my PC build. And yes, I know its running hot. Its a hot day, and I'm trying to save money that's why i'm watching movies and not really playing.)

Default Crashing

Random crashes every 30 min or so with MC enabled ... never crashed before
    I5 / 24 GB ram / Dual 760 GTX's did get a 5-7% frame rate increase but the crashes
    became too annoying so I disabled it as the fps were fine totally playable and 5%
    after 60 fps dosent really mean anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos
    I'm not against you enjoying raids. I'm not against you enjoying pvp.
    I'm not against you having a fancy pair of pants from raiding.
    I am against imbalance in pvp. Your fancy raiding pants are unbalancing pvp.
    Fallse Sempper Infidus Carpenoctum Mayhhem

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    I5 / 24 GB ram / Dual 760 GTX's did get a 5-7% frame rate increase but the crashes
    became too annoying so I disabled it as the fps were fine totally playable and 5%
    Having the exact same experience as this guy. Moderate increase at the cost of crashes - about 1 per hour.
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #102
    Rift Team

We're aware of the crashes involving multi-threaded rendering and have been looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post

Rift Disciple

I noticed some vertical tearing in areas with lower fps, probably using multiple render passes due to effects (e.g. Steppes of Infinity where large glowing crystals can be seen, like the mines near Vengeful Sky), about at 2/3 of the screen width (in a 1680x1050 window on a 1920x1200 desktop).

If it were disabled Wait for Retrace, it would be horizontal tearing at random heights. But I noticed it vertically, like the square from the left was updated at one time stamp, and the rest of the game window to the right of it at another. I even believe it was slightly jagged (but hard to prove without recording it as video).

Rift Disciple

Dual 680s here with i7 2600k. Crashes if left alone for a period of time. Does it everytime.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #105
    Rift Team

Interesting, please send me a PM so I can remember to look at it on Monday

In other news: The widespread multicore-related crashes we were seeing have been fixed and crashes in general are significantly down from last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripperino View Post
    Dual 680s here with i7 2600k. Crashes if left alone for a period of time. Does it everytime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7