+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Multi-core Open Beta Hits Live Servers Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    Good news, everybody! We've found an issue with the settings dialog not enabling multicore properly. If you've reported a framerate reduction with the multicore beta enabled, thanks for the report, and please try it again after this week's patch!
    Seriously? Hopefully you guys remember to tick the box titled Push out patch on Wednesday.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #77
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    So my post in the official MC thread was not all nonsense?!
    The truth is somewhat more complicated (and somewhat less embarrassing) than that. The "Multicore Rendering feature" is made up of maybe eight or ten different subfeatures that we can tweak independently for debugging and performance tests. Some of them don't work correctly without some other feature enabled. A few of them actually make the game slightly slower but are required for something that makes the game much faster. The options dialog is set up so it changes a single crucial value that, unless overridden by debug functionality, turns everything on properly. Unfortunately, a single debug value was incorrectly set on the live client, which kind of hamstrung the whole thing.

It actually does do a lot of multithreading work, it just fails to achieve the intended performance thanks to that debug-only code.
    Last edited by ZorbaTHut; 03-21-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Default Another Rift failure

Tried the new fangled multicore crap....cant even get a loading screen. On the up side though ....my dc rate has quadrupled since the beta. The funny part of this story is when I put a ticket in about the dc's I got a nice letter from Trion telling me the devs from archage were going to take a close look at the issue ....hehehe I thought I was playing rift ....my bad

Plane Walker

I knew it man and all these people boasting about their increased performance lol...
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    ... but on the other hand i'm not sure if its not simply just a placebo effect i'm seeing ...
    Haha, so i actually wasn't that off there . Looking forward to new testings and hoping to see some increases for real this time.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 03-22-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Rift Chaser

Seeing a FPS increase of 10-20% in quick tests today. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    The truth is somewhat more complicated (and somewhat less embarrassing) than that. The "Multicore Rendering feature" is made up of maybe eight or ten different subfeatures that we can tweak independently for debugging and performance tests. Some of them don't work correctly without some other feature enabled. A few of them actually make the game slightly slower but are required for something that makes the game much faster. The options dialog is set up so it changes a single crucial value that, unless overridden by debug functionality, turns everything on properly. Unfortunately, a single debug value was incorrectly set on the live client, which kind of hamstrung the whole thing.
    Comes pretty close to what I thought then. Cool (in a way) ;)

Rift Chaser

Seems to be working properly now

Seeing between +10 and +20fps and performance monitor shows fairly even load across all 4 cores instead of heavy load on core 1 only.

With Hotfix #17 the MultiCore Renderer (beta) works fine here.

CPU: i5 4570: Rift now uses all 4 Cores around 80% load

What i noticed:
    GPU: Geforce 960: GPU-Z Tool now shows a GPU Load about 75-85 instead of ~40. This is the first time ever i noticed such a high GPU load.

Result: Tempest Bay increased fps from 35-40 up to 60-65 Nice work!

Soulwalker

Yeahhhhh!! Now works fine for me too..
    I7 4790, gtx 970 g1, 16gb Ram

increased around 20-25+ fps

Continue with the advancement and long life to the Rift!!

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #86
    Rift Team

Wonderful news! I hope more post with their results.

Quote Originally Posted by Serial View Post
    Yeahhhhh!! Now works fine for me too..
    I7 4790, gtx 970 g1, 16gb Ram

increased around 20-25+ fps

Continue with the advancement and long life to the Rift!!
    What about Margle Palace fps? Or is that unaffected by these changes? I can't stand going to that place because of the ridiculous fps in there - sometimes under 10.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #88
    Rift Team

I personally see a 10 fps gain (from ~27 to ~37) so it definitely works in Margle Palace, but it's going to be different for everyone. You'll just have to try for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    What about Margle Palace fps? Or is that unaffected by these changes? I can't stand going to that place because of the ridiculous fps in there - sometimes under 10.

Soulwalker

Don't ever really post but wanted to say I'm extremely impressed by the results since the hotfix. Seeing an increase of 20-30 FPS on average with it on in almost all circumstances. Saw no change last week.

I gained about 20 fps but Margle Palace fps drops about 20-30 fps after some time the game is running(porting in and out) after a game restart the fps are back to normal in Margle.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast