+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 105
Like Tree47Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Multi-core Open Beta Hits Live Servers Tomorrow!

  1. #76
    Plane Walker FreddyThump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    Good news, everybody! We've found an issue with the settings dialog not enabling multicore properly. If you've reported a framerate reduction with the multicore beta enabled, thanks for the report, and please try it again after this week's patch!
    Seriously? Hopefully you guys remember to tick the box titled Push out patch on Wednesday.

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #77
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    So my post in the official MC thread was not all nonsense?!
    The truth is somewhat more complicated (and somewhat less embarrassing) than that. The "Multicore Rendering feature" is made up of maybe eight or ten different subfeatures that we can tweak independently for debugging and performance tests. Some of them don't work correctly without some other feature enabled. A few of them actually make the game slightly slower but are required for something that makes the game much faster. The options dialog is set up so it changes a single crucial value that, unless overridden by debug functionality, turns everything on properly. Unfortunately, a single debug value was incorrectly set on the live client, which kind of hamstrung the whole thing.

    It actually does do a lot of multithreading work, it just fails to achieve the intended performance thanks to that debug-only code.
    Last edited by ZorbaTHut; 03-21-2016 at 03:25 PM.

  3. #78
    Rift Disciple Arir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    131

    Default Another Rift failure

    Tried the new fangled multicore crap....cant even get a loading screen. On the up side though ....my dc rate has quadrupled since the beta. The funny part of this story is when I put a ticket in about the dc's I got a nice letter from Trion telling me the devs from archage were going to take a close look at the issue ....hehehe I thought I was playing rift ....my bad

  4. #79
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    403

    Default

    I knew it man and all these people boasting about their increased performance lol...
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

  5. #80
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    ... but on the other hand i'm not sure if its not simply just a placebo effect i'm seeing ...
    Haha, so i actually wasn't that off there . Looking forward to new testings and hoping to see some increases for real this time.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 03-22-2016 at 01:01 AM.

  6. #81
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Seeing a FPS increase of 10-20% in quick tests today. Very nice.

  7. #82
    Prophet of Telara MisterWibble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    The truth is somewhat more complicated (and somewhat less embarrassing) than that. The "Multicore Rendering feature" is made up of maybe eight or ten different subfeatures that we can tweak independently for debugging and performance tests. Some of them don't work correctly without some other feature enabled. A few of them actually make the game slightly slower but are required for something that makes the game much faster. The options dialog is set up so it changes a single crucial value that, unless overridden by debug functionality, turns everything on properly. Unfortunately, a single debug value was incorrectly set on the live client, which kind of hamstrung the whole thing.
    Comes pretty close to what I thought then. Cool (in a way) ;)

  8. #83
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Seems to be working properly now

    Seeing between +10 and +20fps and performance monitor shows fairly even load across all 4 cores instead of heavy load on core 1 only.

  9. #84
    Soulwalker Souliak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default

    With Hotfix #17 the MultiCore Renderer (beta) works fine here.

    CPU: i5 4570: Rift now uses all 4 Cores around 80% load


    What i noticed:
    GPU: Geforce 960: GPU-Z Tool now shows a GPU Load about 75-85 instead of ~40. This is the first time ever i noticed such a high GPU load.


    Result: Tempest Bay increased fps from 35-40 up to 60-65 Nice work!

  10. #85
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Yeahhhhh!! Now works fine for me too..
    I7 4790, gtx 970 g1, 16gb Ram

    increased around 20-25+ fps

    Continue with the advancement and long life to the Rift!!

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #86
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Wonderful news! I hope more post with their results.

  12. #87
    Plane Walker FreddyThump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serial View Post
    Yeahhhhh!! Now works fine for me too..
    I7 4790, gtx 970 g1, 16gb Ram

    increased around 20-25+ fps

    Continue with the advancement and long life to the Rift!!
    What about Margle Palace fps? Or is that unaffected by these changes? I can't stand going to that place because of the ridiculous fps in there - sometimes under 10.

  13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #88
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default

    I personally see a 10 fps gain (from ~27 to ~37) so it definitely works in Margle Palace, but it's going to be different for everyone. You'll just have to try for yourself!

    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    What about Margle Palace fps? Or is that unaffected by these changes? I can't stand going to that place because of the ridiculous fps in there - sometimes under 10.

  14. #89
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Don't ever really post but wanted to say I'm extremely impressed by the results since the hotfix. Seeing an increase of 20-30 FPS on average with it on in almost all circumstances. Saw no change last week.

  15. #90
    RIFT Guide Writer Soulshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    I gained about 20 fps but Margle Palace fps drops about 20-30 fps after some time the game is running(porting in and out) after a game restart the fps are back to normal in Margle.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts