+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shanor
  • 1 Post By Shanor

Thread: None-english speaking community.

Default None-english speaking community.

I contacted Ocho a few weeks ago about this idea but didn't received any answer.
    As in the followings days they created the common discussion chan, I kind of had the feeling that was a NO. But anyway, let's post it in so I can have the opinion of more people.

As you may (or not) know, all none English speaker had their forum removed. Thus letting the present forum as the only official way of communication with rift team. But not all players do speak english, and information have a hard time reaching the other communities. Like patchnote which are not always traduced (for the none major one) and rarely in time.
    Another example: the earrings debacle. The number of people of Brisesol who had no idea what was going on was alarming. Yes, a mail was send further down the line, but too late.

So can we have a sub forum, even a single section, for none english speaker. WE will take upon us to translate relevant informations for our countrymates. The game is officially supported in different languages but the official forum have no informations for those same languages. So yes, there is other forum out there in french, like JOL, but new player will come HERE for information, which is logical.

Ah, and another minor point, in the guild recruitment sub section, please add the EU shard too to the tags so we can also post guild recruitment offer without having to use another shard tag. That quite annoying.
    Shanor@Brisesol
    Maître Mage de l'Ordre Draconique
    L'Ordre Draconique - Guilde PvE/PvP à forte vocation jeux de rôle.
    http://www.lagardedraconique.org/

I don't see a high chance for a subforum, as this would require moderators speaking the languages as well.

Maybe you can create a French, Russian and German "Ask what you want in language XYZ" thread and a CM can sticky it for you. If there is only 1 thread per language its much easier to moderate and report posts properly, so you might get support from Trion's side for this.

Your best bet is to write a PM to Ocho.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

*Bump*

Would be nice to have some kind of answer from trion team about this mater. Do you still care for the english communauty?

On the plus side, they were less trouble of traduction of in-game content over the last few month.
    Shanor@Brisesol

This has been asked and answered before.

"I would have to agree with this. Adding a new category section for both languages with a basic amount of forums would be welcome."

"Unfortunately creating a subsection doesn't really help us read and respond to their feedback. Even running their posts through automated translation will give them better results, since it is exponentially more likely their feedback will be read."

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...m-changes.html
    Last edited by Kitasia; 03-02-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Didn't remembered taht post. I will then ask again, as it was a year ago. Maybe they will be more willing now.

And that do NOT answer my second question regarding the shard tags. ^^

We french people do need a lot of sign of loving to be happy!
    Shanor@Brisesol

I totally understand. I love French people they have super cute accents
    Last edited by Kitasia; 03-02-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Soulwalker

I totally understand. I love French people they have super cute accents
    I can only disagree. There's nothing more annoying than hearing a frenchie speaking badly english. Especially when you're french as well

Btw, french/german/cyka blyat forums already existed few years ago and were closed regarding the lack of community. I don't see why there would be one now.

Omelette au fromage.
    Bloodtrash, once and forever.

Trollest mage EU.

Wrong, they were not close due to community, who WERE active. But because it was "too much of an hassle" for Trion to manage.

A bit paraphrasing, but that was the essence of it.

They had no community manager to moderate it. (Because they fired them something like a year before that when they closed the Trion European office.)

Here it would probably revolve around self moderation and hoping that at least ONE Trion employee as some notion of foreign language. (Two of them were suppose to take over the French forum at some point, but further than the first introduction message, never receive more news from them.)

The situation is that now, communications is mostly done on independent forum, like JoL, or guild forum, where they have even less control over what it said there.
    Shanor@Brisesol

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shanor View Post
    Here it would probably revolve around self moderation...
    After Trion moderation ended, the German forums turned into a cesspool of trolls, idiots, and every kind of stupidity you can think of (plus a few you can not think of, but which still happened).

No idea about the french forum, but those Germans obviously are not able (or willing) to play nicely when nobody watches over them

+ Reply to Thread