+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Game was alive for 2 days !

  1. #1
    Champion Bluntmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    572

    Default Game was alive for 2 days !

    Now that the special event is over, its back to the ghost town we call RIFT.
    It was nice to see uncountable amounts of players on every shard being active, no shortage on activity, and felt as if the game was finally breathing again.

    We need more events like this !
    Anyone else feeling the same ?
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Metsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I haven't been on yet much.. (too busy with forum PvP apparently) but am getting on now. I spent all weekend playing rift as it was a blast! Warfronts were fun! Nothing like those 1000 - 998 Codex matches!
    I even had a blast in the 5 man premade CQ tests. Teams were pretty evenly matched up and it seemed pretty even 3 ways til the end for the 2 times I was in there. It was actually kind of exciting/nailbiting wondering if someone was gonna get that last extracter cap off before timer.

    I also thought the activity in the Freemarch/Silverwood was amazing with the daily NMR quest.

    I know the Rifts don't get to far due to the new people not knowing, but WOW! What an amazing experience that must have been for a fresh level 10 just trying to figure quests out and such to stumble into these events and join public group.
    If that had happened when I first started playing I would have been blown away!

    Hopefully Trion can come up with more cool ideas to promote this kind of activity again soon!
    [SIZE="3"]
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolf@ Greybriar - Wolf@Deepwood - Wolf@Wolfsbane - Wolf@Seastone - Wolf@Laethys - Wolff@Faeblight - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    Now that the special event is over, its back to the ghost town we call RIFT.
    It was nice to see uncountable amounts of players on every shard being active, no shortage on activity, and felt as if the game was finally breathing again.

    We need more events like this !
    Anyone else feeling the same ?
    So you are saying that Trion should put more BiS gear behind a paywall, and allow some short term promotional events (during valentine weekend) to allow some players to grind some of these BiS gears without having to actually spend cash or credits......

    so that people who missed the weekend feels even more obligated to take out their credit cards and buy some lottery tickets for some BiS gears...

    I don't think it's such a good idea in the long run.

  4. #4
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,803

    Default

    Return this weekend for more of the same!

  5. #5
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Kitasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,143

    Default

    Loved this weekend

  6. #6
    Champion Bluntmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    So you are saying that Trion should put more BiS gear behind a paywall, and allow some short term promotional events (during valentine weekend) to allow some players to grind some of these BiS gears without having to actually spend cash or credits......

    so that people who missed the weekend feels even more obligated to take out their credit cards and buy some lottery tickets for some BiS gears...

    I don't think it's such a good idea in the long run.
    Read the post again, this time without the tinfoil hat.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    Read the post again, this time without the tinfoil hat.
    I did.

    And pretty much what I said. Please rewrite if you are trying to say something else.

  8. #8
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    So you are saying that Trion should put more BiS gear behind a paywall, and allow some short term promotional events (during valentine weekend) to allow some players to grind some of these BiS gears without having to actually spend cash or credits......

    so that people who missed the weekend feels even more obligated to take out their credit cards and buy some lottery tickets for some BiS gears...

    I don't think it's such a good idea in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    I did.

    And pretty much what I said. Please rewrite if you are trying to say something else.

    No one brought paywalls or BiS gear into the discussion until you did and to be fair it neither of those items had anything to do with the active nature of the weekend (there was no gear drops and everyone got a free patron weekend out of the event).

    P.S. The "rare" drops were removed from the event and another weekend is being planned with drops re-enabled.
    Last edited by Rhipf; 02-15-2016 at 08:19 PM.

  9. #9
    Telaran Madballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    So you are saying that Trion should put more BiS gear behind a paywall, and allow some short term promotional events (during valentine weekend) to allow some players to grind some of these BiS gears without having to actually spend cash or credits......

    so that people who missed the weekend feels even more obligated to take out their credit cards and buy some lottery tickets for some BiS gears...

    I don't think it's such a good idea in the long run.
    Just because some are angry and/or poor doesn't mean nobody at all can enjoy the game.
    Event was awesome.

    FateStayNight 0 - Trion 1

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    No one brought paywalls or BiS gear into the discussion until you did and to be fair it neither of those items had anything to do with the active nature of the weekend (there was no gear drops and everyone got a free patron weekend out of the event).

    P.S. The "rare" drops were removed from the event and another weekend is being planned with drops re-enabled.
    if the event and the patron dailies didnt award p2w mats for BiS essences you really think people will go out their way to do some event for extra 50 void stones? LoL nuff said.

    What about remaking level 1 toons over and over and over and over and cheese the **** out of the system for 500 cosmic fragments for the maximum p2w pleasure?



    Wonder why most previous events failed to get such attention compare to this one.

    Weird how it works.

    XDDD

    /sigh
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-15-2016 at 09:09 PM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madballz View Post
    Just because some are angry and/or poor doesn't mean nobody at all can enjoy the game.
    Event was awesome.

    FateStayNight 0 - Trion 1
    Yep you got me. Everyone loved P2W gears cept for Fatestaynight.

    Good job gf.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-15-2016 at 09:04 PM.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Haruchai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madballz View Post
    Just because some are angry and/or poor doesn't mean nobody at all can enjoy the game.
    Event was awesome.

    FateStayNight 0 - Trion 1
    So going to silverwood or freemarch and doing some low level rifts was awesome?

    First let me say, you are really easy to please.

    Secondly, great news. You can go there any time, mentor down and do low level rifts. It must just feel like xmas for you.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    so that people who missed the weekend feels even more obligated to take out their credit cards and buy some lottery tickets for some BiS gears...
    If only people crafted these Cosmic Essence boxes and put them on the Auction House for 1,000-1,500 in game virtual Platinum currency......

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara Haruchai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    If only people crafted these Cosmic Essence boxes and put them on the Auction House for 1,000-1,500 in game virtual Platinum currency......
    That will never happen, not in Rift. No greedy dreamweavers here, move along people.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Wackywoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    So you are saying...

    Does anybody else hate seeing this line at the start of a response?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts