+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Game was alive for 2 days !

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    People do events for fun not for any item or monetary incentives.
    You forgot the /s tag

Telaran

Am I weird for thinking Saturday was a blast? I didn't care about the cosmic fragments; I just had fun doing the events with lots of people around. (One benefit was the guild quest got finished very fast.)

Personally, I think people who bot/box are missing the point where game = fun. But then, I'm incapable of deleting an alt - they've each developed a unique personality and I can't kill them.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tpal View Post
    Am I weird for thinking Saturday was a blast? I didn't care about the cosmic fragments; I just had fun doing the events with lots of people around. (One benefit was the guild quest got finished very fast.)

Personally, I think people who bot/box are missing the point where game = fun. But then, I'm incapable of deleting an alt - they've each developed a unique personality and I can't kill them.
    I have a LOT of fun multiboxing, but then I only do 2 -3 characters at a time (4 tops) and have no interest in deleting and recreating multiple characters just to farm a quest like that. I also almost never delete an alt, if anything they get shipped off to another shard until I feel like playing them again...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    you may not remember or know what the game was like at launch, zones got straight wrecked by invasions, not in the tens, or hundreds, but thousands of mobs literally poring out of rifts.

Zone Events were sheer terror and felt like Telara had been sucking into the plane itself.
    Oh God, I remember those. I couldn't rez fast enough in Silverwood to avoid getting one-shotted by some fire invasion or other. The map was just a giant blob of red, and little level 13 me couldn't even manage to stay alive long enough to get a hit in.

I was so happy when they toned things down to a dull roar, but man, it really felt like the Planes were out to get you back then--great for the roleplayer in me but not so much for staying alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Loved this weekend
    Yes, creating alt after alt after alt to exploit the system was such fun.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4