+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Game was alive for 2 days !

  1. #31
    Plane Walker Baalthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    402

    Default

    I really dont think it was more players. It was just existing players making armies of alts to do the daily for a fragment. just sayin...
    **** it dude. Lets go bowling

  2. #32
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baalthorne View Post
    I really dont think it was more players. It was just existing players making armies of alts to do the daily for a fragment. just sayin...
    lol ofc it was.

    There was 3 multiboxers that I saw during the event.
    One ran 16 alts, one ran 12 and one ran 19.

    No naming and shaming here but I talked to the guy that ran 19 which was the only one that responded to my tells... Apparently with his setup he can create level 1s on desperate accounts all at the same time and he just had to control 1 game window and the other 19 copies w/e he clicks and making 19 alts every few minutes and after they mailed their daily fragments off to his main he deletes them all and repeat this process again.

    The event is nothing special from gameplay perspective... but to people wanting to accumulate a ****loads of cosmic fragments (for obvious reasons like personal gear advancements or general greed) this event rules, especially when multiboxing is legal in Rift people with a good PC can really turn up the heat and rack in over 200 fragments per hour.

    this event so fun lol creating armies of lv1s and go do lv10 rifts over and over and then delete these characters and create new ones again over and over is so special so enjoyable right?? much-cool-event-such-own....


  3. #33
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    The event is "Awesome" Because it's a short burst of activity. That's all it is. If it was a flash in the pan, it would not be "Super cool". It's like when some hunt rare mobs show up in FFXIV. You can go 2 days without seeing more then a few people out an about in some zones, but the rare mob shows up? A tide of players will wash over you towards it.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

  4. #34
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    this event so fun lol creating armies of lv1s and go do lv10 rifts over and over and then delete these characters and create new ones again over and over is so special so enjoyable right?? much-cool-event-such-own....

    this.
    I didn't even create new characters (I already have too many 65's ) and I didn't even bother with that **** the last day.

    First day was alright, wooo, super easy plat farm!
    Second was getting boring, and then it was... "Ok, I don't really need more plat THAT much".

    All good if someone actually enjoyed farming low level rifts on many alts all days long, but I don't see how it was enjoyable, aside from the reward (the item, or the plat you could get for it).

    In PVP you get rewards, and the experience is enjoyable (to pvpers), in dungeons/raid you get rewards and the experience is enjoyable to pvers...
    This even gave rewards, but I fail to see how someone could truly enjoy it.

    I mean if someday PVP breaks and stop giving favor for 1 day, I'll still queue in. Because it's fun.

    But if this event didn't give anything, would you take part into it? I don't see any 65 going around silverwood farming level 10 rifts outside of this event, so I assume it's not fun right? It's just for the reward.


    Unless you guys spend a lot of time (outside this event) farming level 10 rifts and creating alts to farm even more, you did not "enjoy the event".
    You "enjoy getting wealth in Rift with no effort".
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 02-16-2016 at 07:58 AM.

  5. #35
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    On topic: I've done the event on some of my toons, and yes, ended up talking with my partner again about the love that went into Rift in 'vanilla time' from the devs, the wonderful details.. I've been following a squirrel around for a while again to smile at all of the little things it did... as with a deer that ran into our nmr.... The world is still so amazing. I'd love to see more of that in the current/new content to be honest.... Not 'just copies' but the basics, in different settings/different uses maybe...

    I will never forget when Ember Isle came out, how complete guilds stayed up all night to explore, get things done, check stuff out and be amazed by everything that went in that zone (no, not saying then all was good and now all is bad, that's not the case, but it most definitely is very, very different).

    On the EU shards there was activity on Friday mostly, not so much on Sat/Sun, though there usually was an nmr open to kick some mob button any toon...Wonder what next weekend will bring though

    'off topic': I wonder why Trion doesn't do the same it does with Fae Yule stuffz and so on, where toons can pick up the quest(s) at ... level 10 i think?

    Last edited by Faerugue; 02-16-2016 at 08:26 AM.

  6. #36
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post

    'off topic': I wonder why Trion doesn't do the same it does with Fae Yule stuffz and so on, where toons can pick up the quest(s) at ... level 10 i think?

    They WERE... fae yule quests was limited to level 10 and above... initially... and of course...
    People abused it... and got alot of premium stuff that was meant to be credit brought like the white kirin mount was pumped out by many people (myself included) for no cost at all and I got 3 of them.

    The method used was create new toon, use the TB teleport and pick up the TB exploration quest, pop a experience vial (which came from reward mail for each character created) and turn in the quest which instantly push u to level 12 or so. Go to Mer/Sanctum and pick up the weekly and open the box mail content to main, delete toon and repeat.

    The above was why the Tempest Bay exploration quest was removed, and after that most following events limited to be at least level 20 or so.

    This Cosmic Fragment cheese event is very strange in a way it allowed level 1 to pick up the quests as long as you are a patron (which was given to all accounts during the event) which opened up to extreme abuse... and those who multiboxed and now just casually sitting on thousands and thousands of cosmic fragments is probably very happy rightnow.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-16-2016 at 09:09 AM.

  7. #37
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    and those who multiboxed and now just casually sitting on thousands and thousands of cosmic fragments is probably very happy rightnow.
    This kinda stuff isn't really anything new. Like when Trion added the new dream orbs some people fishbotted their way to thousands of motes.

  8. #38
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    he can create level 1s on desperate accounts
    :
    By any chance, have you been hanging out a lot with Princess Maila?

    On a more relevant note, you need to remember that there were other rewards as well as fragments. (And weren't the fragments disabled early on in the weekend? Can't recall.)

    I'm not going to try to speak for anyone but myself but I really didn't give a hoot about the fragments. When I discovered how much xp the quests were awarding, I started doing both the daily AND the weekly on as many as possible of my lower level toons; ones in the teens and the twenties. Some I had "ignored" for so long, I had never even claimed the Ascended Trove we received a while back. Using the 160 xp vial from the Trove, all my low-levels gained from 9 to 13 levels from doing the two quests.

    If the same sort of xp reward is available next weekend, I'll be back for sure. Three things made this past Mayhem weekend enjoyable: the xp reward, the large number of NMRs (they made the weekly pretty easy), and the sheer number of players who were around and participating in the zone. If some, most or even all the other players were there for different reasons than I had, I don't mind.

    I'll add that I do hope they do something to address the multi-box exploiting that you described.

  9. #39
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwateguy View Post
    On a more relevant note, you need to remember that there were other rewards as well as fragments. (And weren't the fragments disabled early on in the weekend? Can't recall.)
    All drops from the events/rifts were closed down pretty fast after some kind of error/exploit or smt like that. Every toon, from level 1 up, could get the quest, and get a Cosmic Fragment. Afaik that will be the same next weekend, and as others have stated, that will include the 'all patron for everyone' - it seems Ocho has said so; they hopefully will have 'repaired' whatever went wrong and there should be 'rare drops' throughout the event...

    Last edited by Faerugue; 02-16-2016 at 09:56 AM.

  10. #40
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwateguy View Post
    By any chance, have you been hanging out a lot with Princess Maila?

    On a more relevant note, you need to remember that there were other rewards as well as fragments. (And weren't the fragments disabled early on in the weekend? Can't recall.)

    I'm not going to try to speak for anyone but myself but I really didn't give a hoot about the fragments. When I discovered how much xp the quests were awarding, I started doing both the daily AND the weekly on as many as possible of my lower level toons; ones in the teens and the twenties. Some I had "ignored" for so long, I had never even claimed the Ascended Trove we received a while back. Using the 160 xp vial from the Trove, all my low-levels gained from 9 to 13 levels from doing the two quests.

    If the same sort of xp reward is available next weekend, I'll be back for sure. Three things made this past Mayhem weekend enjoyable: the xp reward, the large number of NMRs (they made the weekly pretty easy), and the sheer number of players who were around and participating in the zone. If some, most or even all the other players were there for different reasons than I had, I don't mind.

    I'll add that I do hope they do something to address the multi-box exploiting that you described.
    You are not suppose to reveal players name doing "questionable/shady" activities in-game, but they are indeed multiboxing their way to 1000+ fragments which doesn't take very long.

    Assuming they only do this for 3 hours a day on 19 toons repeatedly for 3 days that's roughly 2300 fragments which using 250 to 300 plat per market price that's almost 700k plats in 3 days over just 9 hours (or over a million plats if they do their thingy for 4 to 5 hours a day for 3 days)... you might be rich but 700k+ plats in 9 hours is unthinkable for some people like myself... yes I am aware handful of people in Rift are sitting on millions of plats... but not me...

    The event was dropping like 5 fragments guaranteed or something which they disabled but they never disabled the quests which awards 1 fragment per completion... which is at least 200 fragments per hour for the multiboxers...

    And see how active those you so-called super fun low level rifts are right now? which proves my point exactly and evidently, there's really no point arguing over this.

    Remember you do not need the event to be active to be able to chain Lv10 rifts and NMRs in begineer zones since if something is so fun people will just do it... for fun... and isn't it strange all of a sudden these you so-called "fun" activities ceased to exist the second Trion took away the rewards?
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-16-2016 at 10:10 AM.

  11. #41
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    For those interested in the quest/reward stuff: it'll be interesting to see how the event turns out this weekend....:

    From the patch notes:

    MAYHEM EVENTS
    * Mayhem Zone Events now pay out additional Voidstones or Abyssal Crusader Marks, for characters below level 65 and at level 65, respectively.
    * Mayhem quests now award extra Mayhem Adventure Caches.
    * Players below level 65 will not be rewarded with Cosmic Fragments from Mayhem quests.


    Last edited by Faerugue; 02-17-2016 at 09:15 AM.

  12. #42
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    For those interested in the quest/reward stuff: it'll be interesting to see the event turns out this weekend....:

    MAYHEM EVENTS
    * Mayhem Zone Events now pay out additional Voidstones or Abyssal Crusader Marks, for characters below level 65 and at level 65, respectively.
    * Mayhem quests now award extra Mayhem Adventure Caches.
    * Players below level 65 will not be rewarded with Cosmic Fragments from Mayhem quests.


    People do events for fun not for any item or monetary incentives.

    Too bad I was gonna try to setup a 19-account multibox myself guess I was too late. But who cares that event was so much fun, I am sure everyone would still be there chaining lv10 rifts for 3 days straight.

  13. #43
    Ral
    Ral is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Wonder why most previous events failed to get such attention compare to this one.
    Previous Mayhem events were the same, and didn't have Cosmic Fragments, people did them because they had unique rewards like costumes, pets, mounts, etc as well as double rift rewards like currency, noteriety and PA XP. Why do you think people have been asking for them for so long without the Cosmic Fragments.

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    I am sure everyone would still be there chaining lv10 rifts for 3 days straight.
    I certainly will be, I now have 16 level 65 characters, so over 3 days I will get 48 cosmic fragments, you gonna start complaining about alts now?

    And if there are still appropriate rewards I will be there on the rest of my alts in the 30-40 range. If the events however get rewards I might skip them and farm on my mains.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metsa View Post
    I was simply saying it was awesome in regards of the new low level players having all this group action in their turf. Must have made for a pretty exciting weekend for the fresh new people out there starting their first toons.

    So in regards to that, yeah.. it was pretty awesome.
    Just to add something positive to my post, I fully agree, you may not remember or know what the game was like at launch, zones got straight wrecked by invasions, not in the tens, or hundreds, but thousands of mobs literally poring out of rifts.

    Zone Events were sheer terror and felt like Telara had been sucking into the plane itself. Fortunately there was usually enough ascended around to deal with it at the time. I miss those days but mayhem events bring a bit of that back.

    They should definitely run them monthly or at least bi-monthly for each leveling tier in rotation.
    Last edited by Ral; 02-17-2016 at 10:40 AM. Reason: because maybe people were around at launch

  14. #44
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    Previous Mayhem events were the same, and didn't have Cosmic Fragments, people did them because they had unique rewards like costumes, pets, mounts, etc as well as double rift rewards like currency, noteriety and PA XP. Why do you think people have been asking for them for so long without the Cosmic Fragments.
    i remember Mayhem events reward lockboxes, and people were doing to get those lockboxes, not for fun of events, now they changed them to cosmic fragments, so people still need carrot, they don't do it, cause it's fun event

  15. #45
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    which I kinda wish trion would clarify because this isn't the first time people on the forum are supportive of exploiting the game which I really want to try to avoid...
    It won't happen this weekend when the event runs again. Once we were aware of the potential we made the call to let it stay up in this one instance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts