+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Game was alive for 2 days !

Quote Originally Posted by Haruchai View Post
    So going to silverwood or freemarch and doing some low level rifts was awesome?

First let me say, you are really easy to please.

Secondly, great news. You can go there any time, mentor down and do low level rifts. It must just feel like xmas for you.
    I was simply saying it was awesome in regards of the new low level players having all this group action in their turf. Must have made for a pretty exciting weekend for the fresh new people out there starting their first toons.

So in regards to that, yeah.. it was pretty awesome.
    [SIZE="3"]
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolf@ Greybriar - Wolf@Deepwood - Wolf@Wolfsbane - Wolf@Seastone - Wolf@Laethys - Wolff@Faeblight - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol

Rift Disciple

So going to silverwood or freemarch and doing some low level rifts was awesome?

First let me say, you are really easy to please.

Secondly, great news. You can go there any time, mentor down and do low level rifts. It must just feel like xmas for you.
    First let me say if I'm playing a game for enjoyment I am easy to please or I would move on to a different game.

Secondly it was like Christmas for me playing this weekend. I created a new toon on the oceanic server and had a blast doing the Rifts. I even did a nightmare rift that almost made it to 100. Thought that was pretty neat and fun.

Lastly let me add I don't play for currency or tokens. Other than plat or the purple void things (with I got the frog card) I haven't got a clue about any other currencies I received. See I'm old enough to realize that I play games for the enjoyment I get out of them and not for bis or to measure my wang against other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramvol View Post
    First let me say if I'm playing a game for enjoyment I am easy to please or I would move on to a different game.

Secondly it was like Christmas for me playing this weekend. I created a new toon on the oceanic server and had a blast doing the Rifts. I even did a nightmare rift that almost made it to 100. Thought that was pretty neat and fun.

Lastly let me add I don't play for currency or tokens. Other than plat or the purple void things (with I got the frog card) I haven't got a clue about any other currencies I received. See I'm old enough to realize that I play games for the enjoyment I get out of them and not for bis or to measure my wang against other people.
    Good for you, that's the spirit. You gonna love it outside of the starter areas. Pretty hard to measure "wangs" when your toon has no genitalia.

That will never happen, not in Rift. No greedy dreamweavers here, move along people.
    Checked AH this morning on Zaviel, EU:

People are also selling them via chat so it is possible to get BiS essences without ever spending real money

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    If only people crafted these Cosmic Essence boxes and put them on the Auction House for 1,000-1,500 in game virtual Platinum currency......
    Using that logic then here's one for you...

Trion could put BiS gears like T4 weapons with all upgrade parts directly on Rift Store for credits only.
    And since everyone can farm plats for rex, this means there's no PAY to win element involved at all... right? since everyone can just farm plats for these Tier 4 weapons and armors?

sigh

And its funny because everyone could just go to noob zones and mentor down and do rifts, which do not need an events at all. Saying the event is great not because of the reward is so ignorant I dont know what to say.

You really think that all the Lv65 people enjoyed going newb zone and do lv12 rift? I don't even...

Besides there are people taking it many steps further like multiboxing and running 15 Lv1s finish the daily ONLY (because the no one really gives a **** about the weekly) collect and mail to their main delete and remake another raid of lv1s and repeat is working so beautifully, basically you are openly being supportive of exploiting a system "oversight".

The multiboxers that ran 16 Lv1 with 1 mentored 65 main I talked to said he's making 180 to 220 cosmic fragments per hour and he said it's 100% legal... which is kinda fishy and funny at the same time to see people on the forum supporting such "creative use of ingame mechanics"... which I kinda wish trion would clarify because this isn't the first time people on the forum are supportive of exploiting the game which I really want to try to avoid...
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-16-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Are you like slow or something... using that logic then here's one for you...

Trion could put BiS gears like T4 weapons with all upgrade parts directly on Rift Store for credits only.
    And since everyone can farm plats for rex, this means there's no PAY to win element involved at all... right? since everyone can just farm plats for these Tier 4 weapons and armors?
    Clearly you need to go look up what true "Pay to Win" is, you just defined what it isn't, if it was for money only and no other way to obtain said T4 gear except to absolutely and must pay over real money then yes, by the usual definition it's called P2W.

The fact that you even said you can farm plat to buy REXes and convert to credits? you just totally invalidated your own argument

Ascendant

Clearly you need to go look up what true "Pay to Win" is, you just defined what it isn't, if it was for money only and no other way to obtain said T4 gear except to absolutely and must pay over real money then yes, by the usual definition it's called P2W.

The fact that you even said you can farm plat to buy REXes and convert to credits? you just totally invalidated your own argument
    Yes because you can farm plats for rex so putting BiS for credits on the store is totally fine. I get it I get it.

/sigh
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-16-2016 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Yes because you can farm plats for rex so putting BiS for credits on the store is totally fine. I get it

Feel free to point out to me where i can whip out my Platinum Visa and buy a complete set of currently BiS T3 gear then

Checked AH this morning on Zaviel, EU:

People are also selling them via chat so it is possible to get BiS essences without ever spending real money

My bad, I should have ended with /sarcasm. Thought it was pretty obvious myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsa View Post
    I was simply saying it was awesome in regards of the new low level players having all this group action in their turf. Must have made for a pretty exciting weekend for the fresh new people out there starting their first toons.

So in regards to that, yeah.. it was pretty awesome.
    It was awesome, in general, and especially so for any new person that had that as an introduction, as you say.

A massive loot payout isn't required for an event to be appreciated by all. Events can be appreciated in and of themselves.

More like that would be nice.

Ascendant

Can we at least have one thread without people shouting at each other about P2W or not P2W? Here's some news for you: nobody cares if the game applies to *your* personal definition of P2W. If the game is good, it is good. If it sucks, it sucks. Talk about quality, not compliance with a completely random definition.

BTT:

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    We need more events like this !
    Anyone else feeling the same ?
    To be honest I had fun. Silverwood was brimming with people, NMRs at every corner, and a lot of people participating. With the endgame being as grindy and bleak as it is, I had a lot of fun to get back to the starter area (with a good reason of course). I even dug out some low level alts on other servers and did the dailies with them.

Now I only wonder what to do with all the cosmic essences I got. Build some boxes and get disappointed by just another level of stupid RNG? Or wait a bit until supply from the free weekend runs dry, and make another small fortune by selling them?

General of Telara

if it's so fun, why you guys not organize it by yourself? you can grab all people that have blast, and make rifts every weekend, but in the end fun part was getting free fragments, not doing rifts in starting zone

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    if it's so fun, why you guys not organize it by yourself? you can grab all people that have blast, and make rifts every weekend, but in the end fun part was getting free fragments, not doing rifts in starting zone
    It's clear that there are a lot of people in denial in this thread I agree.

The "event" is nothing, it was all about the free fragments and the only reason the event "sustained" with endless low levels coming to do/tag/afk (w/e you wanna call it) the rift is due to people deleting their lv1s that just collected the fragments and sent to their main and re-made more new level 1 to abuse the **** out of the system.

Now if Trion put in an exciting new "event" that reward MoM raid weapons for doing nothing but AFKing for 120 minutes in Tempest Bay and there will be a huge amount of people doing it as well (because it's so purely fun event ofc)... just like the 500 sparkles quests, its clear that people hated it royally but many still did it because a shot at top tier item.

The only thing different of this event to the 500 sparkles and such are the Cosmic Fragments actually has a chance to reward the absolutely BiS essences in the entire game and has a system that can be easily exploited by recreating Lv1 alts and multibox 19 free accounts and getting 19 fragments every 5 to 10 minutes, and can be repeated for unlimited of times within the event days... yea this event is so much fun that no Lv65 would do it without cosmic fragments as part of the reward...

The instant activity "die-out" after the event finish is a clear indication of how much "fun" doing Lv10 rifts are.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-16-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    Read the post again, this time without the tinfoil hat.
    But he's right.
    All Trion did was to remove something from us then give it back for a couple days.

With so many players doing the ZONE events this game really felt alive and i enjoyed it a lot! I wish every day in RIFT would feel so lively.

With most ppl having full raid sets nobody is doing anything most of the time and just AFK-ing in Draum or TB.
    Game was alive for 2 days !-resident.png
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 02-16-2016 at 05:18 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast